Gavin Militaria

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
mark bogers

Re: Gavin Militaria

Post by mark bogers »

I also needed to tailored some stuff, like my Sturm Fliegerbluse and this Tuchrock.

But when I compare the Tuchrock with my Pirschen LW Mantel I see a great different in roughness of the wool. Though the colour is OK. When I see the photo on Gavin Militaria (I've attached photo of it) the roughness of the wool looks more fine then Ant-Zs. (I hope)

For greatcoats, the roughness of Ant-Zs is OK, but I don't like it when he use the same fabric for his Tuchrocks, Fliegerblusen and trousers.

But I have no other option, I need one that is tailor-made because of my length and waist-size (I'm very slim) :oops:

Next month I'll buy one. So I give you all a review than!

Thanks to all!

Cheers!
Attachments
LW%20M40%20Trousers%20a_03.jpg
LW%20M40%20Trousers%20a_03.jpg (63.1 KiB) Viewed 6844 times
Karl Fliege, kanonier der Deutsche Luftwaffe am Einsatzhafen Woensdrecht, Flakstelle Buitendreef 3./Lei. Flak-Abt. 668
Vinland

Post by Vinland »

I'd be shocked if 'Gavin Militaria' is the 'same' as Ant-Z. I'd think that his wares 'Gavin' would be on the Ant-Z shops. And I didn't know Ant-Z did British items, like Gavin did.

I know we're all very gunshy about the Asian manufacturers, especially some of the vendors who have gotten burned, but I don't see how the quality of the dot44 for example, could 'jump' from that of Ant-Z to Gavin so quickly and while both were unveiling different products.

More internet 'theory' or as you 'cakes' over there say 'just bollocks'?
mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

Dear Members,

I bought Gavins Luftwaffe M40 trousers. I like the shape of the trousers and the quality and colour of the wool. It's definitely not Pirschens work

Comments are welcome!

Greatings,

Mark
Attachments
CIMG1284.JPG
CIMG1284.JPG (211.68 KiB) Viewed 6746 times
CIMG1282.JPG
CIMG1282.JPG (165.75 KiB) Viewed 6746 times
CIMG1281.JPG
CIMG1281.JPG (124.31 KiB) Viewed 6746 times
Karl Fliege, kanonier der Deutsche Luftwaffe am Einsatzhafen Woensdrecht, Flakstelle Buitendreef 3./Lei. Flak-Abt. 668
mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

Attachments
CIMG1294.JPG
CIMG1294.JPG (166.85 KiB) Viewed 6746 times
CIMG1291.JPG
CIMG1291.JPG (202.27 KiB) Viewed 6746 times
CIMG1285.JPG
CIMG1285.JPG (171.26 KiB) Viewed 6746 times
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

Gavin and Pirschen is not the same maker.
Heini

Post by Heini »

yep, gavin and pirschen different producers.

Regarding Gaving - we bought a few M42 Greatcoats.. Quality of wool, colour, lining, and sewing same as Sturm, so very good quality. I was matching it to new Sturm products and it looks like they have the same material supplier :lol: Buttons better than Sturm. Tailoring - hard to say, I don´t have original to match.

The color of wool in case of M42 Greatcoat is good for first models, later models should be more brown in my opinion. On the other side- friend of mine found M42 Wachtmantel last week. It was made in 1945 and not in the Ersatz brown end war wool.. see below
Attachments
PICT0072.gif
PICT0072.gif (242.88 KiB) Viewed 6647 times
Uffz. Heinrich Wiegrewe
1/Jnf.Rgt.18
"Kein Regiment soll besser sein!"
http://www.kvhwurm.cz
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Hi Guys,
A few of the members in my Luftwaffe Field division Unit are looking to purchase M42 Luftwaffe greatcoats. Hessen Antiques here in the U.S. won't have any ANT-Z M42's till late Fall or Winter of 2012. It appears that from some of the listed testimonials, that Gavin does excellent work. How does his sizing run? He lists a size "small" as a 46" chest. I'm a U.S. chest size 44 Long. Can I get some assistance on getting a proper fit over my tunic from those of you that have his products?
Thanks alot,
Jim
mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

Herr Mauser 98,

It's better to buy normal (M40) Luftwaffe mantel with 'shorter' collar. You see it more often on photo's! :wink:

I've Pirschens Luftwaffe M40 Mante and it's quite good, I hope that Gavin makes it better and thicker! :wink:

Cheers!

PS: I'm searching repro Luftwaffe wachtmantel :twisted:

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”