Kriegsberichter info please!

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
W@FFEN

Kriegsberichter info please!

Post by W@FFEN »

Changing my role in our unit,no longer portraying a combat soldier and from now on will concentrate on taking photographs,SO any info,links etc on SS-Kriegsberichter much appreciated!!
W@FFEN
SS.Kriegsberichter
Schnelle Gruppe Nord
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Our man Brandt has made a comprehensive study of this recently as he fills that position at times in our unit. We are at an event this weekend but I'm sure he'll come back to you given time......
Having seen the photographic work produced by your unit already - I can only sit in anticipation of what you will produce as a full time portrayal! Good luck G. There may be a book in it!
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

Try "der spiess", aka Paul O'Rourke. A good source of anything Kriegsberichter
Botty

Post by Botty »

Try these for a start:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... sberichter

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... ight=leica (might need to register with this forum to get the full effect)

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt/ ... units.html

Good luck. The info out there is very thin. If you get any good general leads let me know.

You will find that any info you do find will be contradictory and incomplete.
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

An excellent (and correct) beVo "SS-Kriegsberichter" cuff title can be purchased from Militaria.net at a tenner. Altho ordered not to they usually wore the division they were attached to cuff title above the Kb cuff title.
The Kb's were attached to certain Divisions thro the war (BUT not all) and fought as hard as regular troops but took pictures and wrote articals for signal/the papers etc. They wore the recon/signals Light Yellow piped shoulder boards and cap piping. Every thing else would be as standard.
The last cuff title issued was "Kurt Eggers" but only in BeVo (I've been unable to soures a BeVo copy) as he was the last editor of Die Shwartz Korps the SS paper (sorry if spelt incorrectly) who was killed in 43 at Kursk (if memory serves).

Basically, go for it it adds interest to the group and is a little different.
All die Best :D
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
W@FFEN

Post by W@FFEN »

Cheers folks!!! appreciate the help! I got a bit more to go on now,does anyone know where to get the yellow piped shoulderboards etc? Ive ordered the cuff title already :) the camera hunt has begun! lol
W@FFEN
SS.Kriegsberichter
Schnelle Gruppe Nord
grenadier heeder

Post by grenadier heeder »

You can take some plain infantry white ones and gently colour them with a colourfast felt pen. This is what Paul did I think. Otherwise.......Nick Morangi?
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Try

http://www.vintagecameras.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.vintagecameras.co.uk/leicab.htm

Gives model nos. and dates, helps when you see one on e-bay...
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Richard Underwood sells golden yellow piped shoulder boards
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

One thing to watch out for if you do go for a period leica, make sure it comes with a "take up spool". They do come up on ebay but it will save you added expense and hassle :wink:
I'm doing a similar impression for das reich (really just a grenadier with a camera at the mo!) so best of luck!

regards,
Rich
murf

W@FFEN's change of role

Post by murf »

no doubt you will do this with the meticulous attention to detail, and the high standard that you always put into your presentations.

this should add another feather to the collective cap of our rapidly developing unit
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

W@FFEN

Post by W@FFEN »

Well,all my insignia has arrived and is in place,so I might get a piccy of myself at our event this Saturday,Ive managed to find a good digital camera that looks like an old camera,and my search for a wartime one is ongoing,again,appreciate the help folks!! maybe this might encourage others to take up this impression! :)
W@FFEN
SS.Kriegsberichter
Schnelle Gruppe Nord
Shergar

good luck graham

Post by Shergar »

good luck with what your doing graham . as with no matter what you do in regards to re-enacting you pursue it to the best off your ability and new fail to surprise , if you ever leave the whla , theres a home for you with KGK as your a top bloke with all the KGK lads and have been good to us

EVERY SUCCESS TO YOU MATE

SHERGAR

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”