Question about owning WW2 repro German items in Germany

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
SchutzeHagemann

Question about owning WW2 repro German items in Germany

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

Hello,

I'd like to start of by apologizing if this is in the wrong forum section. If it is wrong, would a moderator please move it to the appropiate section. Now to the question...

I am looking at studying at the Johannes Gutenberg College in Mainz, Germany in the next year or so. I obviously do German reenacting right now and would like to keep on doing it in Germany with one of the other Heer units in the Netherlands but I am unsure about gear and rifles. Is it legal to own a rifle in Germany? All I have is a Mauser. How much paperwork and hassle would it take to bring one to Germany from Texas? Could I bring uniforms with the dirty bird, or would I have to replace it with one of those stupid eagles with circle? Any way to hide it? Thanks in advance all.

Sam
Kampfgruppe Steiner
Hoffman Grink

Re: Question about owning WW2 repro German items in Germany

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Oho!
Can of Worms - Open....
This one will get interesting. I give it two pages before it's locked.
Erich Johann

Post by Erich Johann »

Don't take your rifle with you--live-fire weapons are highly regulated in Germany. Just one example: you have to keep them in a safe--and I don't think that the dorm you might live in would be too happy about any guns ...

About "böse Symbole" in Germany: you shouldn't display them publicly because it's against the law ... Concerning customs: if you get checked at the airport, they might ask some questions about you bringing them with you ...
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Is it not unlikely his hold-luggage wouldnt be checked unless he declares he is bringing naughty symbols into the country? Reference guns - why not leave it at home and borrow one when your away in Germany/Holland? Because youd not only have to deal with German gun-law, but also Dutch gun law. Why dont you visit or phone the German embassy (I dont know if you have one near you) and speak to them regarding their gun law and how they feel? They may tell you to sod off (understandable), but its better than going on hear-say from Re-enactors and possibly winding up in trouble.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

no problem what so ever!

dont forget your "hakenkreutzfahne" you can never have enough of those in the fatherland

all of your runic symbol t shirts are fine (esp ss ones) totenkopf ones are even better

best to grow a large "schnurbart" now! then maybee even a "mullet" have a look on e bay for some "leder-hosen"

and you will fit right in mate!

tally ho red leader!

(this post is not serious) much
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Hello SchutzeHagemann,

Firstly, thank you for your PM regarding reenactment in Germany, I will however answer it here as there may be other people who could
use this information.

If you are thinking of moving to Germany or you are already living in Germany, then enquire about membership with the "Grossdeutschland"
Reenactment Group, we have well over 60 members spread all over Germany. We are not only the biggest individual group within Germany,
we have lots of events all year round with events in Germany, both public and private ones too, for our own enjoyment. I have attended
events without taking a weapon and there were several people willing to lend me one and they had never met me before!

The GD Group is fun to be with and have no problem for example with deploying at events with people who do Waffen-SS historical
representations and therefore the GD are not "narrow minded" like other German groups within Germany.

For further information simply click on the banner in my signature, the website will tell you something about us and will give you the
contact information you require, we also have a forum although it is in German

............. anyway, I hope to see you at one of our events in Germany, Cheers, Bill.

Edit: The GD website is being updated at the moment.... request contact information through a PM to "Ohmhagen"
or PM me and I will pass it on to the group here in Germany.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”