K98 Bayonet.

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Good point.

.....your still a twat tho. :lol:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
David

Post by David »

Sani wrote:
David wrote:My bad. My poor reading skills and the pictures led me to believe they were looking for an MP-40...

So much for my poor attempt at humour. :cry:

Still, I'm sure Tom's 'bitches' will come up with something sooner or later. :)
Not an MP44 with a bayonet...but a soldier carrying both an MP44 and a bayonet. We've not found owt but that model yet...but then pictures of MP44 toting soldiers arent easy to come by. Im still keeping a look out.

But Bryn was wrong about MP40 toting soldiers not wearing bayonets....so the balance is shifting. Bryn - you are a fantastic person :wink:
Ah, Im just confused now.
Im still keeping a look out.
YOUR still keeping a lookout? :lol:
von papen

Post by von papen »

photos of soldiers in poses where you can see if they have a bayonet on them are incredibly difficult to find as i have found
David

Post by David »

von papen

Post by von papen »

nice! thank for that
Riedmuller

Post by Riedmuller »

That wasent intended for use with the MP44 its an SG42 and was origionally issued for trials with a girbirgsjager division GJ100 i think and was to replace the standard SG84/98 but was never adopted
i dont know what the hell that guy is on about at the mp44 has no bayo lug so would never have been intednded fo use by it
Riedmuller

Post by Riedmuller »

Alex wrote:last weekend we did actually try to open cans with the knife-fork-spoon set and with the bayonet.

bayonet won. 8) we made a big hole.

using leverage I managed to get 50% round the can, with an unsharpened blade. that was enough to pry it open and empty it into the mess tin (It was Tesco Curry!) :lol:
I did it and is quite easy you just have to keep moveing it round an hit it in with your hand
David

Post by David »

Riedmuller wrote:
That wasent intended for use with the MP44 its an SG42 and was origionally issued for trials with a girbirgsjager division GJ100 i think and was to replace the standard SG84/98 but was never adopted
i dont know what the hell that guy is on about at the mp44 has no bayo lug so would never have been intednded fo use by it
I take your word for it. :shock:
von papen

Post by von papen »

if it was or wasnt for it, who knows but back to the point i would think that a guy who has an mp44 will have been newly issued with it, so he would drop his kar98k for it, surely hed kep his bayonet, you always need a fighting knife

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”