SS political ring

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

SS political ring

Post by Alex »

I got one of these from a polish friend, complete with a letter asserting it authenticity. Actually he is a sudeten german living in a hut in the woods, very very old and shunned by the neighbourhood for being a big old nazi. Would be cool to go out and meet him!

anyway, even though I know my polish mate (I worked alongside him for a year), and I didn't pay much for this thing, but I was wondering how do I spot whether it's a fake? It looks right, and there is an appropriate level of detail and wear where you would expect it ... I do also know that its from Poland which is fake central :)

anyway that I can authenticate it?
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Which one is it Alex, the so called "SS wedding ring" or one of the many others. if it is the wedding ring i can give you a rough guide, however in this game nothing is ever certain as i am sure you will agree.

If it is the wedding ring more currectly called the Totenkopf honour ring, the skull should have a seam since it was applied seperately. There should be an inscription "Sib ("SeinerLeibe" translated to "with respect and honour"), the reipients name, date and H Himmler. The ring never had a makers mark or silver content mark. the date should never be earlier than 10.04.34 since this was the date of the first issue. there were between 14,700 and 20,000 awarded and when the recipient died the ring was to be returned to Himmler, this meant of course that the body of a dead holder of the ring was supposed to be found and the ring recovered whatever the cost. On 17th Oct 1944 Himmler cancelled further manufacture and presentation of the ring for the duration of the war and had all the returned rings blast sealed into a mountainside near Wewelsburg Castle. The precise location of which was kept secret , to prevent them falling into othe hands of the enemy, it is for this reason that i would be suspicious of ANY example of these rings since the only available ones should be from Officers who survived the war.

Hope this helps
Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

no, its not an honour ring, nothing so flash!

its called an SS "political" ring ... though that is all I know for sure. I tried to take some photos of it but they came out all blurred.

its one of these ...
http://seifukuwatch.kir.jp/english_no5.htm

the casting on mine looks better, but I guess that doesn't mean very much.
Hollenweger

Post by Hollenweger »

As far as I'm aware It's a fantasy ring that first showed it's face during the 70's

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... ht=ss+ring
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

oh well not a huge bargain then!

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”