My personal wallet, any tips?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Jugendkrieger

Re: My personal wallet, any tips?

Post by Jugendkrieger »

Peiper wrote:
Soldbuch & documents.jpg
Pipes

Also, Your Kennkarte is missing an N and an E
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

gurowski wrote:
Peiper wrote:
Soldbuch & documents.jpg
Here's my wallet contents, just look on flea bay for German money,
letters and old photographs which can be bought reasonably, the
Soldbuch i have filled out myself, not shabbilly i hope lol :lol:

Pipes
You have the round unit/division/rgt/feldpost stamps on pg 1 which is wrong. There were no stamps on pg 1
Only 2 stamps on the pic not 2 goes at stamping it. (as it looks like from your pic)

thats enough for now I think
Thanks for the constructive critisism gents as for the stamps, yes i went a little crazy but the first two didn't turn out so
had a another go using less ink which i believe would've happened in normal circumstances, as for the Kennkarte, that was
given me by a friend, i now have an original which iam going to copy when i get round to it (see Kennkarte thread for pic),
as i say that pic of the documents was taken last year but thanks all the same for putting me right.

Pipes
barryG

Post by barryG »

OK, so apart from a Soldbuch what else is essential for ID etc? Ausweiss, Kennkarte etc?
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Peiper wrote:
Soldbuch & documents.jpg

Pipes
heres another observation Peiper

you have a promotion dated 1940, therefore with an early soldbuchyour rank would have been SS Mann. not SS grenadier/schutze

same where they ask for your name, they want your name only not rank
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

gurowski wrote:
Peiper wrote:
Soldbuch & documents.jpg

Pipes

you have a promotion dated 1940, therefore with an early soldbuchyour rank would have been SS Mann. not SS grenadier/schutze

Thanks for that observation Gurowski, im going to do a newer one for my new Unit anyway
this was a temporary wallet filler, still it gave me some practice lol :D
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Peiper wrote:
gurowski wrote:
Peiper wrote:
Soldbuch & documents.jpg

Pipes

Thanks for that observation Gurowski, im going to do a newer one for my new Unit anyway
this was a temporary wallet filler, still it gave me some practice lol :D
OK, now post a scan of pg 2/3 and lets see what you have written there that we can fix for you
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

gurowski wrote:
OK, now post a scan of pg 2/3 and lets see what you have written there that we can fix for you
Heh heh...so you can rip that apart aswell??, no you're all right mate, as i said earlier iam going to be doing another
one, this one was done from memory and i translated it myself tbh without any assistance from other ref sites, next
time i think i'll copy one from there like every body else does so there won't be any mistakes lol
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Herr Peiper look here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5045 wpuld save you some trouble
ImageImageImageImageImage
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Peiper wrote:
gurowski wrote:
Heh heh...so you can rip that apart aswell??, no you're all right mate, as i said earlier iam going to be doing another
one, this one was done from memory and i translated it myself tbh without any assistance from other ref sites, next
time i think i'll copy one from there like every body else does so there won't be any mistakes lol
Rip it apart, no I wouldn't do that. Helping you not make mistakes when you fill in your next one is what we are trying to do.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Franz repper wrote:Herr Peiper look here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5045 wpuld save you some trouble
Thanks Franz, he doesnt do them now though apparantly, he has closed down his site??

Cheers Pipes :wink:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Peiper wrote:
Franz repper wrote:Herr Peiper look here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5045 wpuld save you some trouble
Thanks Franz, he doesnt do them now though apparantly, he has closed down his site??

Cheers Pipes :wink:
Oh! Ok sorry Pipies I didnt Know
ImageImageImageImageImage
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

I am still here and I do still do the Soldbuch service :D. Most of it tends to be word of mouth now. If your interested PM me and we can go through the details, got a stack of Erkennungsmarke to do for a GD group plus paperwork for a Kriegsberichter and Soldbuch completion for a Totenkopf reenactor to finish along with 2 Fallschirmjager Soldbuchs that I'm half way through, so might be a small delay while I get these behind me :oops:

The site should be back up soon. 8)
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

paulmfjr2 wrote:I am still here and I do still do the Soldbuch service :D. Most of it tends to be word of mouth now. If your interested PM me and we can go through the details, got a stack of Erkennungsmarke to do for a GD group plus paperwork for a Kriegsberichter and Soldbuch completion for a Totenkopf reenactor to finish along with 2 Fallschirmjager Soldbuchs that I'm half way through, so might be a small delay while I get these behind me :oops:

The site should be back up soon. 8)
Thanks paul, any idea when you are free, there are a couple i want
doing, as i say i had a go but sooner have a proffessional job lol :D

Pipes
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Salacious Crumb wrote:
Jugendkrieger wrote:Thats a typo Its "Scheißbuch" "Shooting book.
Marc
Marc, I hope you realise that Scheißbuch means shitbook, while Schießbuch means shooting book?
How comes that English speaking people often mix-up the [ei] and [ie] with eachother?
One of my bugbears too, although it's understandable since it's not as... utilised?... in the English language; "I-before-E" etc. is the only rule "we" are encouraged to know on this front.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”