White camo suit or overcoat

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Caen44

White camo suit or overcoat

Post by Caen44 »

Hi there,

I don´t know the english name for the cotton fabric made white winter suit (tunic with hood and trouser), or overcoat with hood the Germans used in WW2 to camouflage their fieldgrey uniform.
Does anyone of you know a vendor selling a perfect repro. I am searching the net for a few days and do not find anything only white suits from other nations and different to the german suit.
Probably something Chen could produce in the future.

Thanks,

Caen44.
Mikkel

Re: White camo suit or overcoat

Post by Mikkel »

Quite strange actually, that there aren't mae a reproduction of it yet. It's extremely simple and sought after by many reenactors.
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Mikkel wrote:Quite strange actually, that there aren't mae a reproduction of it yet. It's extremely simple and sought after by many reenactors.
That is the point, Mikkel...maybe no supplier is interested to produce it because it is so simple and you cannot sell it for much money? I don´t know but I also think that a lot of re-enactors and collectors will be interested to buy it.

Caen44.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

originals have been seen to be sold for about £150
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Hans Gowert wrote:originals have been seen to be sold for about £150
I know, but I don´t want to spend 120 Euro for an original white camo tunic, at german ebay there is one at the moment.
http://cgi.ebay.de/SCHNEEHEMD-WEHRMACHT ... 5637c2fc13
The complete original suit will be than more expansive.

A different vendor is selling that postwar suit from other nations army for 24 Euro. But it is to tie and not with buttons..
http://cgi.ebay.de/WWII-Schneeanzug-der ... 35a67baa3c

I want a good reproduction suit for a fair prize.

We should ask Chen if he will produce it. Does someone of you got an original paper pattern? Or an original item for the correct measurements?

Caen44.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Its 120euros for an original camo suit, COMON !!! its cheap as chips , i spend 200 on smocks, 200 on boots, and 200 on a helmet, 120 for an original suit ? its worth it !
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Was overlock stitching used greatly on ww2 cloth?
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Hans Gowert wrote:Its 120euros for an original camo suit, COMON !!! its cheap as chips , i spend 200 on smocks, 200 on boots, and 200 on a helmet, 120 for an original suit ? its worth it !
I know it is not expansive but I am not interested in an original white camo tunic. Otherwise I would not ask the community about help for a repro suit. :lol:
Well, buy it Hans. :wink:
I would be satisfied with a complete repro suit for less money and that is what I am looking for.

So back to topic:
WW2 German white repro camo suit or overcoat.
Does anyone of you know a vendor selling a perfect repro. I am searching the net for a few days and do not find anything only white suits from other nations and different to the german suit.
Does someone of you got an original paper pattern? Or an original item for the correct measurements?
We should ask Chen if he will produce it.

Best regards,

Caen44.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Caen, caen my beautiful caen.

Buy it, send it to chen and get him to repro it.
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Hans Gowert wrote:Caen, caen my beautiful caen.

Buy it, send it to chen and get him to repro it.
Hans, do you got nothing else to do than to give off topic comments?
If it is so cheap for you buy it, send it to my place as a big help, I will send it to Chen and he will send it back to you with maybe two repro suits for free as a big Thank you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And sorry Hans for disappointing you...I am not gay, but thanks for the compliment. :mrgreen:

Caen44.
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

I have send Chen a p.m if he is interested to buy the original item and make repros of it.

We will see.

Regards,

Caen44.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
We certainly will see eh?
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Caen44

Post by Caen44 »

Yes, we do. :lol:

Chen has bought the original white camo overcoat so hopefully there will be soon the possibility to buy them as repro.

Best regards,

Caen44.
Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Caen44 wrote:Yes, we do. :lol:

Chen has bought the original white camo overcoat so hopefully there will be soon the possibility to buy them as repro.

Best regards,

Caen44.
All we need now is more snow and re-enactors who want to play in the cold, white stuff!! :mrgreen:
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Why is this topic not in Uniforms? Why in Questions and Tips?

And also this Ebay suit - Is it original? IT has pebble buttons and I thought the originals had LARGE "MICKEY MOUSE" Buttons so that men could open and close pockets with gloves/mitts on?

I have an example of this suit but sadly it is yellowed...... so no good for use in the snow. However........ I could photograph it when I get in tomorrow and let you see the large buttons..........

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”