Living History Craft Weekend Ireland 30th may to 1st june

European discussion. Post events here too.
Shergar

Living History Craft Weekend Ireland 30th may to 1st june

Post by Shergar »

We would like to announce a new event for the Irish Calender on the June bank holiday weekend ,

This is the 30th, 31st May and 1st June 2009. Kgk in coordination with other Irish groups and interested individuals are running a living history craft weekend at a venue in Ireland, the location has been determined and is quite easy to travel to and all details will be forth coming in the very near future .
The show will be a two day event on the Saturday and Sunday with any groups wishing to stay over until the Monday will be welcome to do so and we will facilitate their stay. We will be hosting a barbeque on both Saturday and also on the Sunday afternoons for all the participants after the programme of events has concluded. Local Publicans are also receptive to all reenactors coming to support their businesses. I would hasten to add that this craft weekend is open to all genres of reenactment ie Viking, Romans, Knights Templar, Gaelic Warriors, WW1 representation, Napoleonic, American civil war era, etc etc. Registered Traders are welcome to attend as this event is free to all, and we welcome their participation in placing this latest Irish event firmly on the June bank holiday weekend calender.

All groups and individuals are cordially invited to apply to attend and we have several groups that have already committed themselves to attending the event as it stands. Booking is through my email address mairtinmacciarrain@btinternet.com or alternatively contact shergar on this forum by private message, and only groups / individuals that are booked in will be liable for admission for the craft weekend ( further details on the activities will be published at a later date). We look forward to meeting old friends and making new friends in this Irelands latest living history event.

Many thanks for taking the time and opportunity to read and we look forward to seeing you all there , you are welcome to take advantage of any travel concessions available to get to this event, Beir Bua.
Shergar

Re: Living History Craft Weekend Ireland 30th may to 1st june

Post by Shergar »

Hi all thanks to those that have contacted me about the bank holiday event in June, already three groups have committed themselves to the event with many individuals also contacting me about coming, as I have said in my previous post all are welcome to express an interest and will be considered. We have people coming from well established UK based groups on their own steam, and at the craft and living history weekend we will be constructing emplacements and trench systems and every period of reenactment will be given space and the opportunity to display their time frame in history without prejudice. later this month the events committee will be meeting and further details will be released.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Topic cleaned up lets start again :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

Thank you Franz, just to verify that the WW2 Experience are the latest group to come onboard with the event and that vehicle collectors and traders have also expressed a major interest in attending this show free of charge, We hope to be able to run this show each year as there is a demand for quality shows in Ireland. We appreciate all the messages of support from our fellow forum members and from the reenactment community in Ireland as a whole.
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

WHY IS THIS STICKIED????

Can I suggest you all take deep breaths. And take a few more.

I am gonna de-sticky all these threads.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Obviously this event is in the Republic as its not the same bank holiday in the North.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

TacAide

Post by TacAide »

Alex wrote:WHY IS THIS STICKIED????

Can I suggest you all take deep breaths. And take a few more.

I am gonna de-sticky all these threads.
If I may be so bold to suggest, would it now be correct to describe the aforementioned threads as 'unstuck'?
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

Just an update of what is happening and a rough idea of what facilities will be available for those committed to coming from the UK and from the four corners of Ireland. One suggestion from the Irish forum has been to structure the weekend as follows.

Start 10AM First Workshop
11:30 Break
11:45 Second Workshop
13:15 Lunch
13:45 3rd Workshop
15:30 Break
15:45 4th Workshop
17:15 End of day

This would be intensive but would enables different skills to be honed and also displayed, same format for the second day with people leaving about 4.30 to 5.30 on the departure day.

We are meeting in the next two weeks to put together an intinery for the event and then place up on the forum and all other forums as well both in the UK and Ireland, we have had an excellent response so far and we have listened to what others are saying. just to release a few facts about what will be available at the venue.

There will be 66 acres of land for you all to enjoy the use of.
There will be porta toilets.
There will be large barbeques available for groups to use.
There will be gas heated barbeques as well for cooking breakfasts quickly.
There will be several tonne of wooden logs for fire wood and firesites constructed hopefully edged with stones.
We hope to have seating of some type for each group or individual to sit by the fire on.
There will be a trench system dug out with mg and mortar positions incorpoarted in them.
If any group that is attending requires any digging for defensive positions we will try to accomodate this.

Several private collectors have now confirmed there attendence and three displays of German ww2 , British ww2 and American ww2 vehicles will be displayed as well as field equipment.
It should be a good event this year it is not open to the public as we think that it would be best served to see, learn and understand what we do best, what others do best and use the time to evolve displays better and in coordination with others. I trust that this will give you all an idea of the facilities that we will have available.

There is also secure car parking and and the area will also be maintained and looked after, each group or individual will be free to pitch tents.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

I have cleaned this topic once again Stop it you lot Martin is working hard on this show
mock

Post by mock »

im really looking forward to this event,
should be a great turnout.
mock

Post by mock »

hi dagda,
the june weekend is always busy unfortunately.
im sure both gigs will be asuccess anyway
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

dagda wrote:Should be good!! Although its a closed event, although I doubt the wisdom of having it on the same weekend as duncannon, which IMHO the best gig ever!
administration would you mind removing this persons post on this thread as it contributes nothing to the forum
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Its Done
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

thank you franz now gentle men lets keep this thread on topic
The-Hammer

Post by The-Hammer »