Michael Gaißmair - Winter training in Finland

European discussion. Post events here too.
Ewald Koch

Re: Michael Gaißmair - Winter training in Finland

Post by Ewald Koch »

That's one nice poster! I guess the artist behind doesn't mind if I borrow it to our website as well?
"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

SS-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 12
"Michael Gaißmair" re-enactors

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Here is the plan for the weekend It may change but not much
  • Michael Gaissmair Training Staff
    SS-Unterstrumführer Bärtig........................................ Commander /Map reading
    SS-Oberscharführer Thomas Ullrich..."Spiess",..............Camp admin /Range Commander
    SS-Rottenführer Repper.... .......................................Troop Admin / Instructor
    SS-Sturmmann Koch ................................................ Range Staff
    SS-OberschützeEichen ..............................................Skill at arms / Map reading

Michael Gaissmair Admin staff
    SS-Sturmmann Hoffmann ............................................. Arms store
    SS-Jäger Heydrich ...................................................... SS-KB

Freitag 27th Februar
    Timings /Traning............................ location.............................................. Dress

17.00 arrive at Michael Gaissmair .....HQ Set up tent ...................................Working Dress
    18.30 Kit inspection.........................HQ area ................................Cold weather uniform
    19.30 Skill at arms.........................HQ area ..................................Cold weather Uniform
    20.30 Short Night March.................Training Area...................Cold weather uniform/Fieldgear
    21.30 Rtn to camp/Night Duties *..... HQ area..........................Working dress
    *Fire guard

Samstag 28th Februar

0600 Stand to/breakfast....................HQ................................................ Working Dress
    07.30 Move Out ..........................Training area..................Cold weather uniform /Field Gear
    08.00 Arrive training area Training will take place here During the First Half of the day
    11.00 Return to HQ Lunch.....................HQ...............................................Working Dress
    13.00 Drill with Skis ..............................HQ .............................................Working Dress
    14.00 Ski lessions ............................ Training area............ Cold weather uniform /Field Gear
    16.00 Mean of Evacuating wounded......Training area ..........Cold weather uniform /Field Gear
    17.00 Return to camp/Eavening Meal.........HQ..............................................Working dress
    18.30 Briefing........................................HQ.............................................Working Dress
    19.30 Move out Night Ex *....................Training area.......... Cold weather uniform /Field Gear
    22.00 Return to camp .............................HQ............................................ Working Dress

*Partisan hut

Sonntag 1st März

07.00 Stand to/breakfast.......................HQ..............................................Working dress
    08.30 Move out..................................Training area...........Cold weather uniform /Field Gear
    11.00 Retun to camp lunch...................HQ................................................ Working dress
    12.30 ski training.........................Training area..................Cold weather uniform /Field Gear
    13.30 Return to camp
ImageImageImageImageImage
dagda

Post by dagda »

Superb work kameraden!!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Thank you sir The kit inspection is just to see if every one has their kit
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

franz is that a Waffen ss junior brecon! :lol:

well done mate :wink:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

ssparatrooper wrote:franz is that a Waffen ss junior brecon! :lol:

well done mate :wink:
Yes sir it is LOL
glenn

Post by glenn »

Sounds good instructor Repper :!:

Great program, I'm really impatient. I think ,on Saturday 28th from 14.00 to 16.00, it would be a quite funny time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ewald Koch wrote:That's one nice poster! I guess the artist behind doesn't mind if I borrow it to our website as well?
Of course you can use it on your webpage, you're welcome Ewald :D
Ewald Koch

Post by Ewald Koch »

Just phoned the landowner of our training area and asked permission to build fire, fire a few rounds and generally mess around in their forest. They have no problems with the issue given that we clean our trash, don't damage trees, tease animals and generally behave well. We'll go through the rules and regulations of respecting the forest anyway in the happening so there won't be any surprises.

PS Both lynx and wolf tracks have been seen in the area. In theory all bears should be hibernating, but if weather warms up too much they may be awake as well. Nearest 100% sure bear-observations have been made few kilometers away. No idea if there are baby bears as well, mummy bears can be aggressive if they have their cubs nearby.

PPS In theory all wild animals should run away from humans. No lynx has ever eaten humans in Finland, last mentions of wolves attacking people are from 18th century. Bears are different, they kill at least one or two persons per year.
"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

SS-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 12
"Michael Gaißmair" re-enactors

Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Ewald Koch wrote: We'll go through the rules and regulations of respecting the forest anyway in the happening so there won't be any surprises.

standard regulation in understanding nature and i hope it doesnt warm up, hope it stays snowing. if it doesnt ill be abit dissapointed :)
dagda

Post by dagda »

Ewald Koch wrote:Just phoned the landowner of our training area and asked permission to build fire, fire a few rounds and generally mess around in their forest. They have no problems with the issue given that we clean our trash, don't damage trees, tease animals and generally behave well. We'll go through the rules and regulations of respecting the forest anyway in the happening so there won't be any surprises.
No prob with me!! Ich bin ein Forstfacharbeiter von Beruf.

Not long now!!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Ewald If I remember right the bears ate all the wolves :D
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Ewald Koch wrote: Bears are different, they kill at least one or two persons per year.
Won't a complete platoon armed with rifles and MG's and bayonets scare a bear away you think?
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

ever met a bear on crak ?
Gren Broich

Post by Gren Broich »

so,a bit more dangerous than an angry badger then!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Hans Gowert wrote:ever met a bear on crak ?
No, that's why I'm asking!

( I did meet my mother in law a few times..)

Return to “European reenactment and events”