Battlegroup south at Salute show

European discussion. Post events here too.
rommel

Battlegroup south at Salute show

Post by rommel »

A big thank you to the organisers of Salute especially Sean Curtis for the weekend . They put on one of the finest vehicle and reenactment shows this year in Ireland . Well done all . Also a big thank you to the following groups who supported BGS in this event again , Die Gruppe ,Northern Ireland , members of the WLHA ,Northern Ireland both Allied and Axis , SGNOrd and Glenn and Joe Duffin for the big efforts on thier end to get themslves and thier lads down . Graeme for his battlefield coverage of the event and Gavin McQuaid , Hon Sec . WLHA (NI) for comming all the way down to meet us and talk to us . Great to finally meet up . The battle was a great success and the public loved it and showed it in their final applause to all involved . This again is a fine lesson in what can be achieved when groups who work well together and pull together to achieve a great weekend like we all had .
There seems to be some talk going around about the IRISH PROBLEM in reenactment or the IRISH AT WAR problem over here . I can assure all involved on this forum no such thing exists and while it may suit certain people to promulguate this idea and keep it going is complete crap and the real players and those who actaully know whats going on here will tell you the same . We had the major players form the major groups in Ireland and Northern Ireland again together at a major event ,similar to Duncannon , and all working together to make it a big one and the proof is in the photos and end result . Top quality reenactment is growing here and has survived many attempts to destroy it , this weekend was a lesson to all and we look forward to next year doing the main big shows and producing more of the same .
Joe , Graeme , Glenn , Stevie , Lee , and the many more who made Salute a huge success , thanks again .
I wll get up some photos later when i get my jeep and trailer unloaded :)
Rommel
Battle group south
Last edited by rommel on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

Franz repper

Re: Battlegroup south at Salute show

Post by Franz repper »

I have seen the photos looked very good sir hats off to you guys
ImageImageImageImageImage
rommel

Post by rommel »

Thank you Franz
Graeme weeks takes a good picture , has a good eye for this kind of thing and has been in the game a long time , came down and did some great shots over the weekend .

Rommel
Last edited by rommel on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROMMEL

Blackshamrock.

Post by Blackshamrock. »

rommel wrote:A big thank you to the organisers of Salute especially Sean Curtis for the weekend . They put on one of the finest vehicle and reenactment shows this year in Ireland . Well done all . Also a big thank you to the following groups who supported BGS in this event again , Die Gruppe ,Northern Ireland , members of the WLHA ,Northern Ireland both Allied and Axis , SGNOrd and Glenn and Joe Duffin for the big efforts on thier end to get themslves and thier lads down . Graeme for his battlefield coverage of the event and Gavin McQuaid , Hon Sec . WLHA (NI) for comming all the way down to meet us and talk to us . Great to finally meet up . The battle was a great success and the public loved it and showed it in their final applause to all involved . This again is a fine lesson in what can be achieved when groups who work well together and pull together to achieve a great weekend like we all had .
There seems to be some talk going around about the IRISH PROBLEM in reenactment or the IRISH AT WAR problem over here . I can assure all involved on this forum no such thing exists and while it may suit certain people to promulguate this idea and keep it going is complete crap and the real players and those who actaully know whats going on here will tell you the same . We had the major players form the major groups in Ireland and Northern Ireland again together at a major event ,similar to Duncannon , and all working together to make it a big one and the proof is in the photos and end result . Top quality reenactment is growing here and has survived many attempts to destroy it , this weekend was a lesson to all and we look forward to next year doing the main big shows and producing more of the same .
Joe , Graeme , Glenn , Stevie , Lee , and the many more who made Salute a huge success , thanks again .
I wll get up some photos later when i get my jeep and trailer unloaded :)
Rommel
Battle group south
Well said Rommel.
A Soldier has to Family's, the one he raises and the one he raises hell with.
Von Ritter

Post by Von Ritter »

Hello all!

Just looking at some of the great photos of salute. Top class stuff, well done everybody....am kicking myself I couldn't make it. As usual Battle Group South does "exactly what it says on the tin" Impress!!

Von Ritter :D
godhonourfatherland

Post by godhonourfatherland »

Congrats to everyone on another successful WW2 re-enactment event on this island, I'm dissapointed the guys from God, Honour, Fatherland could'nt make it and meet up with old and new komrades, (car trouble), , Anyway we attended your excellent Duncannon event in May/June which was worth the drive down (most of it spent in the pub).

Good luck to all,

Sean.
rommel

Post by rommel »

Sean
No problem , next time , plenty more events ahead , im glad you enjoyed Duncannon , upwards and onwards for next year . Salute was a great weekend and well worth it meeting all the lads new and old faces
Rommel
ROMMEL

dagda

Post by dagda »

Another fantastic gig! We were so lucky since Ireland is now becoming a sponge from all the rain!

Brilliant display from all the groups! glad to be part of it!!

Of course the FJ gave the show the necessary erotic charge!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

rommel

Post by rommel »

Dadga
Self praise is no praise even if ye are erotic kind of guys :) :) :)
Well done

Rommel
ROMMEL

Shergar

Post by Shergar »

rommel wrote:Dadga
Self praise is no praise even if ye are erotic kind of guys :) :) :)
Well done

Rommel
very true words indeed
dagda

Post by dagda »

Its tough at the top! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

von bock

Post by von bock »

dagda wrote:Its tough at the top! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i heard its tough at the bottom ,middle and top :lol: :lol: :wink:
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
dagda

Post by dagda »

Its tough been hot all of the time!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

As the gal sang in Evita , "When we were hot , we were hot" :)
dagda

Post by dagda »

lol

Return to “European reenactment and events”