SALUTE SHOW < DUBLIN < IRELAND AUG30/31

European discussion. Post events here too.
rommel

SALUTE SHOW < DUBLIN < IRELAND AUG30/31

Post by rommel »

The Salute show is taking place again this year in the NEC centre , swords , Dublin , 5 mins form Dublin airport . The show promises to be one of the biggest shows in Ireland this year and has progressed now form an all military vehicle show to full reenactment and vehicles combined . The organisers have asked Battlegroup south to put on the battle on both Sat and Sun for the large crowd expectted on both days . Several low loaders have been supplied by the organisers for transporting all the vehicle to Dublin for the show so both groups wll have an immense ammount of vehicles and gear on show . Battlegroup south in conjunction with War Group will stage this battle as we do in Duncannon each year . Battlegroup south , together with 2 of the best groups from Northern Ireland , Die Gruppe and SGNord will again join forces to make one large Kampfgruppe and pitch forces against the Allied forces of WarGroup and thier comrades from the North in Frontline . These two groups will put on a mighty display on both days .We are also getting support from some of our die hard friends from the Uk again and it will be nice to meet up with ye all since Duncannon show ,
There will be a fee bar b q and some beer and wine on Fri and Sat night for all involved . It promises to be a great weekend and it ads another great show to the calendar of events here in Ireland

Rommel
Battlegroup south
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

stalhelm

Re: SALUTE SHOW < DUBLIN < IRELAND AUG30/31

Post by stalhelm »

hey rommel,it will great to see the lads from the north again we all had a great weekend in duncannon everyone really enjoyed it .ROLL ON SALUTE!!!!!!!!!
dagda

Post by dagda »

Have it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Blackshamrock.

Post by Blackshamrock. »

Its going to be my first time at the Salute show, I can't wait!. Rommel you have put a lot of hard work, time and comitment into BGS and its an honour to be part of such a great outfit. Role on Salute!!.
Last edited by Blackshamrock. on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Soldier has to Family's, the one he raises and the one he raises hell with.
JB--06

Post by JB--06 »

Pity I wont be there this year as am saving for an event on the mainland 8)
Was a great event last year, we even got to do WW1 Germans...

Best of luck this year again guys...

Kameradengrüsse aus Baden

Jb
TacAide

Post by TacAide »

rommel wrote:....The organisers have asked Battlegroup south to put on the battle on both Sat and Sun for the large crowd expectted on both days.....
I was at Salute last year and while I was not a member of any particular group, was most impressed by the combat simulation laid on by the organisers. It takes good leadership skills to organise and control a field exercise and manage H&S and other important issues that arise in battle re-enactment.

I am not sure if it was BGS who was responsible for planning the battle last year but as Salute is a prestigious event in the Republic's events calendar, I am sure it is a measure of the confidence that the organisers have in the skill sets available in the BGS club that they have asked them to do so for this year’s battles.

Looking forward to the end of August.
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi TacAide , thanks for your kind words .Yes it is great for us to be asked to do this show again this year .We have put alot of hard work into this event over the last few months , hopefully we will have a large collection of vehicles there .At present our SdKfz 222 is getting a refit and hopefully she will be ready for the show .
If you are at the show please give us a call , thanks again for your interest.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

Thank you Tac Aide ,
The organisers had already been to Duncannon and Inistoige recently to see what we were capable of and were indeed impressed with what we produced for Battles at both events . We were then contracted to stage the battle for Salute , Myself and Emmet Kennedy and a few of the lads have worked hard to get everything in order now for possibly the biggest show in Ireland to date . we have shown exactly what we are and proof of this is in the fact that we now are sought out by show organisers to do events of this magnitude , obtaining permits and permisiions from the relevant authorities to run these things shows the good standing this club is held by the powers that be etc. So Tac aide keep the faith , glad you liked what you saw and come along to the show and see some of irelands ,both North and South premier groups in action. A word of thanks to is due to Colm , Johann White and Glenn form those group swho travel down to support us in these ventures , they bring the expertise and entheusiasim needed to pull off a show like this and show what the real spirit of reenactment should be so thank you Die Gruppe , SGNord and Frontline , i hope ye see these positive comments and take a bow
Rommel
Last edited by rommel on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROMMEL

keserling

Post by keserling »

Well said rommel its terrible to think people would begrudge the hard work and training put in by the members of BGS it goes to show when we are continually asked back to events year after year that this hard work pays off and we can show our professionalism at these events and show what reinacting is and should be about in this country.

roll on salute and we will show what a well led and well trained group can do . :D

Keserling.
rommel

Post by rommel »

Danke Herr Kesslering ,
It has taken time but we are still getting there . We have since been contracted also to do a big film in Germany in the Autumn and its a big one , details will be posted in late sept . Filmed on location in germany its set in early war polish campign and we have had to again call on our fellow groups north and south to come in on the film . So keep an eye on this forum for details and photos from the film in the next few months , some great Cavalry scenes being shot in the opening parts and some real classic vehicles being brought in from all over germany , most of the big collectors are friends of ours so we know most of the vehicles involved . Its a great step for our club and a great cahnce to reinvest money back into the group again , We have a few vehicles in mind that we may purchase for the group form this venture
Rommel
ROMMEL

NOMISS

Post by NOMISS »

Really looking forward to Salute, it was this time last year that i first met up with Battlegroup South and sorted out joining its ranks, now a year later... where has the time gone!!! So much done, so much more to do!
Great men, friends, and Kameraden.
See you all at Salute!

Return to “European reenactment and events”