Calling Them Home

European discussion. Post events here too.
DasreichIreland

Re: Calling Them Home

Post by DasreichIreland »

Hi everybody,

I have heard great things about this show. Well done to all involved. Unfortunately we at DAS REICH IRELAND were not able to make it this year. :( Our own living history event kept us busy. As we are still recruiting and kitting ourselves out, we prefer to wait for next year to attend any events or trainings with other groups, so as to do ourselves and the hobby justice.

I have had great words of wisdom and support from many groups, for which i am truly grateful, BGS, KGK and Das Reich UK to name but a few.
As an Independent Group we at DAS REICH IRELAND would like to attend as many events next year as possible. So we look forward to 09 with patience.
We do enjoy meeting other goups and interacting with them, however we remain Independent from all. Just to ensure any possible new members that you will be joining a new group still in their infancy (so as not to mislead anyone). If fun, learning and comradeship are of interest to you we are your club.
I would like to finnish by thanking all for their support and encourage all involved to keep up the great work.

Here's to all the events and organisers (who make it possible).
Con
DAS REICH IRELAND
TacAide

Post by TacAide »

SchnellMeyer wrote:Our club Battlegroupsouth like both , we did the Salute show as the was a mock battle there and plenty of vehicles , the standard was very high by both camps ,German and Allied .
It sure was!
As I have yet to see photos from the show in Kinsale , I dont know what the standard was like down there .
It is surprising really. Promoting events and attracting both visitors and participants alike IS, if I might use a marketing analogly, getting your product recognised and remembered. Reenactment is about the spectacle, people pay for the specatcle (not sure if the Kinsale was a pay-in event). People promoting similar products, in this case WW2 reenactment, are expected to compete for a share of the market, nothing wrong with that. At the moment, in that particular market any advantage from last weeks WW2 reenactment events lies with the Salute show participants.
I have been promised some photos from a friend who was at the Kinsale show and when I get them in the next day or so I will post them up here so we can all see what this show was like .
If you do get them,I would be particularly interested in any on the Kinsale MV and WW2 display and battle reenactment , please.
rommel

Post by rommel »

Tac Aide
I have received a few pics of the event myself and i will forward to you privately , just send me a pm with your e mail addrees . you can judge yourself as to what you think of the events but I hardly think it rates as one of the main shows of Ireland as some people try to claim .A picture is worth a thousand words as is often said .
Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

TacAide

Post by TacAide »

rommel wrote:Tac Aide
I have received a few pics of the event myself and i will forward to you privately.....
Thank you, pm sent.
Black_Edelweiss

Post by Black_Edelweiss »

rommel wrote:A picture is worth a thousand words as is often said .
Well said Rommel. Here are some pictures that were taken at the Kinsale Show. Now kameraden can judge for themselves.
Kampfgruppe Sűd - 1.Pz.Div.LSSAH.1.1.2.
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Well I think my question on the standard of the Axis reenactment at the Kinsale show have been answered , the photos speak for themselves. No battle , no German vehicles . Well at least now we dont not have to worry about the Salute show in Dublin clashing with this show next year . Nothing worse than having two good shows on at the same time , well at least this is not the case here, .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

Well ....
that sure looks like a main show in Ireland , or as some peple are telling the unititiated .. "quality groups " and the likes attending shows and producing reenactment of a hgh standard ,
I see the full force of KGK werer out for the weekend , its good now all can see the difference bvetween talking big and actually producing the goods . How can anyone try tell a forum reader that this is the standard of a "main show "in ireland .
Im not knocking the show , but more so the falsehoods being promulguated in relation to it
Im glad the UK forum members can see now for themselves who talks the talk and actually walks the walk .
Go and look at the salute show pics and Duncannpon pices and see what a real main event is and judge for yourselves who is talking crap on this forum now .
And amazing as some peole mention gbig irish events thety convieniently forget to mention these very two shows in their biased triade .
I dont care what show is bigger or best as i have continuously said the salute is a far bigger show than our own show in Duncannon but as a vehicle show in its own right its the best , but i woudd warn any uk groups into being fooled into comming to an event that is not what is being reported to be and certainly looking at his its the proof people need now to know the full situation ion the irish scene .
I just do hope KGK do start a cork branch and get a few members in soon and build up that poor display we were told so much about .
Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

dagda

Post by dagda »

The words talking a good game come to mind! Thats my saucer of milk moment! :cry: :cry: :cry:
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

NOMISS

Post by NOMISS »

Why is there a minor wearing a H.J. knife? :shock:
I seriously doubt the child understands the gravity of the Sastika, and shame on the parents for letting this happen!
Anyway i hope anyone who thinks KGK are any sort of "decent" group has been given a short sharp shock by the pictures above........
words to describe them......................................
Raggle taggle..........Militia.
Last edited by NOMISS on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stalhelm

Post by stalhelm »

i would hate to be on the recieving end of that contingent,the only thing i could do would be to throw in a bag of bon bons and hope for the best.
NOMISS

Post by NOMISS »

stalhelm wrote:i would hate to be on the recieving end of that contingent,the only thing i could do would be to throw in a bag of bon bons and hope for the best.
Mwaaaa ha ha ha ha!!!!
TacAide

Post by TacAide »

To be fair I think we should suspend judgement on the matter until the group have had an opportunity to reply and explain why the only photos of their participation in the event have come from third parties.

If they have been disingenuous then they owe the reenactment community an apology in order to maintain, not only their reputation, but the confidence of those who invite them to events and of others associated with them.

If, on the other hand, the organisers of the group have succumed to hyperbole, ie., an intentional exaggeration to create an effect, they will deserve the skepticism of the reenactment community both here and elsewhere. But that remains to be proven.
JB--06

Post by JB--06 »

Ermmm...as said above, The truth will come out.... 8)

BUT.......

I already know it, as i "WAS" a member of KGK, and know hell of alot more than people think I do, also for the record "I LEFT"...

Greetings... :D

Jb
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

OK GENTS LETS NOT START RIPPING GROUPS A PART
It is not good and will turn it to a shit throwing contest
Shows start out small and grow with our help , I know how hard it is to organise an event and how much of a kick in the Balls when people start ripping it apart !!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Franz , you are probably right in your post , but the truth is now known and the point proven . Honesty is always the best policy .
On a happier note we got our flights to Finland for only 80 euro return , bloody fantastic . We are really looking forward to this event , again thanks for making this possible .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group

Return to “European reenactment and events”