Battlegroup south make National TV

European discussion. Post events here too.
rommel

Battlegroup south make National TV

Post by rommel »

It was good to see members of Battlegroup south interviewed on RTE1 last night , the National TV channel , by members of the Nation wide team . The interview was filmed at Kilmallock show during the year and was aired last night in conjunction with a programme dealing with shows of a military nature . Nice to see Justin and a few of the lads talking and they did themselves proud and the hobby proper justice and came across well . I hope this is indicitive of changing public opinion towards this kind of hobby now at home and abroad . It also must emphasise how important it is to portray this type of hobby espacially german / SS/ Wehrmacht reenacting in a proper light , tastefully portrayed , properly shown and infomatively put to the public when doing so . Its good to see National TV approaching this in a positive manner . They did this at Dunacannon last year in a half hour interview on the show and were especially keen on the German side of things . They will be covering the show in june and i hope Justin and the lads will do an equally good job on screen . I am just a little worried that with all the air time and tv the lads wont get big heads .......
rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

mikebie

Re: Battlegroup south make National TV

Post by mikebie »

Indeed...the hard work and patience pays off.
Its easy to forget that re-enacting is all about the accurate portrayal of a historical period and those who were there; their weapons, equipment and lifestyle. Its easy to get caught up in side issues and distracted by petty arguments and squabbles.
I hope all those involved in re-enactment take it just as seriously and continue to strive to present an impression that is as informed, honest and accurate as BGS and steer well away from the 'caricatures' who give the hobby a bad name.
Well done to all concerned.
stalhelm

Post by stalhelm »

yes it was great to see battlegroupsouth(ireland most premier club) hitting the tv last nite once again as justin did his commentry he was like a fish out of water.
Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Danke Kameraden , yes it was great to see for the third year running that Ireland's only German WW2 Military vehicle and Reenactment Group was featured by our National Television Station . It just goes to show that all our hard work is paying off .There is no fear that any of our guys will get bid heads after this show , we were just doing what we do best .As a added bonus from this show we got two new members , who will also be going to Normandy in June with us .
The show in Duncannon this year will also be covered by the TV network and we have also been asked to do a History programme along the lines of "Ireland's Nazi's " which was such a big hit on the History Channel .So keep up the good work Kameraden .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Von Ritter

Post by Von Ritter »

Fair play lads,
Our boys came across as a good bunch of lads who really have a genuine passion for bringing historical events to the wider public.
Well done to all who took part, I think thanks to you all, we can look forward to a bigger public awareness of preserving military history and honouring those on all sides who gave so much for their respective countries...I'd say that we could also have a lot more prospective members out of this

Well done again!
dagda

Post by dagda »

Fair Play lads!! Good stuff! It can only be good to spread the word! Its getting good in Ireland with all groups of all periods pursuing thier choosen impression with passion and sensitivity.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Crazy Helmut

Post by Crazy Helmut »

Great to See Battle Group South making more in-roads in the public eye on Re-enacting. With this type of positive exposure on National TV we can only see bigger and better things happening for BGS.
Rosselsprung

Post by Rosselsprung »

Hi all,
Well done KGS speaker - uniform detail perfect, and good deportment...expecting
nothing else though, someone has to set the standards!
Rosselsprung
Blackshamrock.

Post by Blackshamrock. »

nICE ONE LADS. I would of love to been there with ye. But you know how life is. Anywas see you all in waterford at the weekend. And by the way its good to ba back see you all soon.
A Soldier has to Family's, the one he raises and the one he raises hell with.

Return to “European reenactment and events”