Curragh Military Vehicle Show Ireland 2008

European discussion. Post events here too.
Shergar

Curragh Military Vehicle Show Ireland 2008

Post by Shergar »

The Annual MVCI Curragh Military Vehicle Show

will take place on Sat 10th and Sun 11th May 2008. As usual, the saturday is for setting up and is a members/displayers day only and not open to the public. Show will be open to the public on Sun 11th May. Application forms out early in the New Year. Military Vehicles, Service Vehicles, Re Enactment, Living History all welcome.

This is an excellent show and i personally would recommend that groups from the uk consider travelling across either with vehicles or as reenactment living history groups . the organisers have been running this successful premier show for years now and it is a very well organised and professional show .

for details of show just contact me and ill pass the telephone number of the organisers to you .
Shergar

Re: Curragh Military Vehicle Show Ireland 2008

Post by Shergar »

Curragh Racecourse
The Curragh
Newbridge
Co. Kildare
eire

By Road
From Dublin take Exit 9 off the M50 onto the N7 southbound. Take Exit 12 off the M7.

By Bus
Special buses leave Busáras in Dublin on race days and return 30 minutes after the last race. Call Bus Éireann at: +353 1 836 6111.

By Taxis
Taxis can pick up and drop off at the main entrance. Local taxi numbers are on all public payphones at the course.

By Rail
Mainline trains from Heuston Station (Dublin), Waterford, Cork, Limerick and Galway stop at the Curragh

i trust this may help you out , if you need help we in kgk will assist fellow reenactors from the uk
von bock

Post by von bock »

I highly recommend the Curragh show good bunch of guys in the Military club of Ireland (MVCI) it was a great show last year with the Irish Army and the Irish Air Corps doing some great displays ,All types of vehicles where there ,and re enactors where there from all eras

http://www.mvci.org for more info
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
comet

Post by comet »

Thanks lads for putting in a good word about the MVCI Curragh Show. We are into our 5th year now and it just keeps getting bigger and better. The Sat is for displayers, have a chat, find out about other shows, make new contacts, have a bite to eat and a few pints. We find it gives other Clubs/Groups/Individuals a chance to meet up, find out about other shows and tell others what you are into etc. We dont take ourselves too seriously because its only a hobby. All groups are welcome to put up info stands about themselves and any shows they are involved in. We enjoy our hobby and support all other like minded groups. Our way of doing things is fairly casual (but safe). At the end of the day, we believe its about helping one another out. The proceeds of the Show are donated to local charities. We have donated over €11,500 in the last four years including €3,000 from last years Show. Sunday can be a bit mad as the crowds start arriving. We had over 12,000 in last year and weather permitting expect a good crowd this year also. Please let us know if you are planning to travel as we like to make sure that we can look after everyone properly.

Comet
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

looking forward to this already we have a few new surprises in stall with what we are bringing to the show with us ....... :D
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

all off to the curragh now lol to meet the other german groups in ireland
Kurt Steiner

Post by Kurt Steiner »

I would just like to extend my thanks to Willy Nugent and the MVCI for having us at the Curragh show this weekend.

The weather was amazing (a rarity where Irish weather is concerned, :P )

An excellent selection of vehicles and groups from all time periods, Roman, through to American Civil War, not forgetting the 86th Leinster, WW2 and up to the modern day.

The re-enacting scene in the island of Ireland is coming along in leaps and bounds. And if this show is any indication, bodes well for the future.

Regards,
Ray.

Balderick: Whats the standard procedure when you step on a landmine Sir?

Blackadder: That's easy Balderick. Jump 200ft in the air & spread yourself over a 1/2 mile radius.
von bock

Post by von bock »

Many thanks to the Military Vehicle Club of Ireland for there hospitality! It was a great show and the weather was fantastic :D
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
stalhelm

Post by stalhelm »

sorry should have been in duncannon thread my mistake
Last edited by stalhelm on Mon May 12, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Absolutely the MVCI did a great job looking after both the public and the folks who exhibited.
When I manage to find the USB lead for my camera I will pop on a few photos , at the moment it is in a place called "somewhere". ( "Somewhere" which is completely unknown to me).

The good will which existed between all seemed to be picked up on by the crowd and certaintly a good time seemed to be had by all.
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Schnellmeyer
Well lets hope that Ireland's biggest reenactment event "Duncannon" has the same weather as was at the Curragh show.
Absolutely !
The "set up evening" had some moderately heavy rain , and having had my fair share of soakings on various lough and river banks over the years I can vouch for the penetration qualities of Irish rain which WD40 can't really hold a candle to.

The Curragh event worked well because it provided for a wide range of interests and the associated information was at all levels - something for everyone.Whilst my own patch might be WW2 and drawn as I am to certain areas within that wide and diverse historical era, catering for the public is what makes shows work and I am happy to be part of an overall scheme of things which accomadates the general public who are good enough to come out and support such events.

A good example of this is Ray (The KGK "Token FJ" who in common with a few Japanese soldiers has yet to discover that the war has ended :D )
Ray - did an outstanding job , informing , interacting and educating the general public - a first class communicator who pitched his information at the right level every time , allowing people to become part of the experience.
The public come first to be entertained and to enjoy the day out , information comes next , Ray never lectuerd - he talked to and with - if your conversation is "one way" it is going down " the wrong way" and your message is lost.

I was delighted to meet Sean whom I had not met before - sharp as a pin in terms of humour and obseration and in common with Ray excellent in terms of interacting and communicating with the general public.

Shergar is something of "dark horse" 1,500 information leaflets given out and not one seen in a bin or dropped on the ground.

A thank you to the MCVI for having us down and for allowing KGK to be part of what was a very enjoyable and successful day for all concerned.
Kurt Steiner

Post by Kurt Steiner »

WHAT?????

The war ended...... :(

That's me out of a job. Bugger.

Hhhhmmm, wonder what an unemployed Fallschi can do.

Blackadder: That's easy Balderick. Jump 200ft in the air & spread yourself over a 1/2 mile radius.
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

There's always a career as a human torpedo. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDaZ-t6 ... re=related
Kurt Steiner

Post by Kurt Steiner »

Ach!!! *Shivers*

That is one career path I am trying to forget.

Shergar

Post by Shergar »

We in KGK Ireland and KGK UK would like to say a big thank you to the organisers of the Curragh military vehicle show the largest event of its kind on the island of Ireland .
The show was a massive success and the crowds came out to show their support for the organisers and the fantastic reenactment spectrum of groups that were invited to the show this year and we would highly recommend this show to our fellow reenactors in Great Britain to come to , enjoy and see a part of Ireland and sample true Irish hospitality at its best , We in KGK have came a long way this year where we have been invited so far to the Countries two largest events and successfully participated and entertained the crowds and in fact very positive feedback has been recieved from both the organisers and the general public that attended also the invittations were coming in thick and fast for KGK to attend other Irish events and we will consider each of these invites and give replies . special thanks must be given to wullie Nugent , Dick Slattery and the committee of the MVCI for the excellent hosts that they are , and I sincerely must thank them for providing food and drinks all the weekend long to the sizeable KGK grouping . also our thanks to Ronan Caffery for his help , to Willie Sullivan , Mick Rowley , Leo and Dave Levens and Kev Mc Cormack , The Romans who were a great craic as well the Mocks and Lord Edwards own for their continued support also a special word of thanks to my friend David Owens a true gentle man and a valued member of KGK .

The weekend was a very successful venture for the KGK family but most of all I want to say thanks to the lads for the truely excellent and hard work and effort that was put into making this show a success .GABH RAIBH MÍLE MAITH AGAIBH SHERGAR

Return to “European reenactment and events”