Duncannon Military Show , Co.Wexford , Ireland .

European discussion. Post events here too.
von papen

Re: Duncannon Military Show , Co.Wexford , Ireland .

Post by von papen »

Sounded a really good event but i was busy on the sunday so i couldn't go :evil:

I heard about the tropical downpour at the battle, a credit to yous all for fighting on! :)

Vp
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
SGT_DuffMan

Post by SGT_DuffMan »

Hey Guys

Thanks for a great weekend myself and the guys from the WLHA had a class weekend and wish to thank BGS and all other groups involved. The battle was awesome, I think the rain really did add to the atmosphere of it all. I know my Mortar Team enjoyed the experience anyway.

The Food was top class the accomadation excellent. I was only sad I had to leave on the Sunday.

Enjoy Normandy and See Yea Soon.
Blackshamrock.

Re: Dun cannon Military Show , Co.Wexford , Ireland .

Post by Blackshamrock. »

On behalf of battle group sought I just wanted to say Guys thank you, It was an honer and a privilege to meet you all. And it also was a pleasure to fight along side you all as well.

There are lots of grate photos, and they will be posted sometime next week as the guys are off In France for the week.

Thank you all from frontline who attended and thank you for making the long journey down from the North, It was a grate weekend. And as I said already it was grate to see you all again.

And to Jock and all his lads, Guys thank you it was a pleasure to meet you all as well. I hope you all maid it home safe and sound, and all is well in the World with ye. Thank you so much for a grate weekend. And to Joe and all the lads in France be safe and see you all when ye get back. Thank you so much the FLEISCH .
Last edited by Blackshamrock. on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
A Soldier has to Family's, the one he raises and the one he raises hell with.
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Well done to all who made this event possible and attended.....
What can I say - Apart from truly excellent. Myself, Jock & Marc thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and felt proud to be a part of it. Long may our partnership continue :D
The atmosphere was great, the public appreciative, displays excellent and a battle thrown in too. The highlight must have been the ride in the `Borg with Panzerlied playing - Amazing stuff.
Special thanks must go to Joe, Emmet, Dagda, Caenis (hope I spelt that right), and last BUT NOT LEAST The Fleisch - A true brother :wink: It`ll be great to see you guy`s in the UK.
Hope to join you all again soon fella`s and a massive thanks to all.

THE FLEISCH IS HAPPY NOW :D
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
Jock

Post by Jock »

Lochner wrote:Jock nice to meet with you and your men (cant wait to see the Opel in aktion!).
The Opel, with possibly a few other toys, will be over in 2009 :D :D. no worries!!

Brilliant show. Good to see groups of all periods, north and south working together.

To all, too many names to mention especially Joe and Emmet. Salutations.

Jock.
I/II-AA Das Reich

ML.... I'll give it a try.
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

A BIG thank you to BGS for staging another great show.In the last 5 years of going to Duncannon it just gets better and better.Even more so when the main groups can get together for this event and do battle ie BGS,Frontline-Diegruppe,WLHA,SGN,and SOLDAT 44,who i know will be back in force next year.Apologies to any i may have forgot,not intentional.The convoy is always a great part of this show,and this years was just as good if not better.And the battle!!Thanks to a Mr JW and his crew for the pyros,amazing as usual,the battle was excellent albeit a sudden downpour to quell the adrenilin,but battle continued in it's full glory lol.Lookin forward to next year,and all being well the same groups may be able to come to one of Frontlines shows planned for either this year or next.Thanks again one and all for a great weekend from all the guys in Frontline.
Attachments
i346189355_16407_6.jpg
i346189355_16407_6.jpg (26.57 KiB) Viewed 6633 times
bgs7.jpg
bgs7.jpg (71.79 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
bgs3.jpg
bgs3.jpg (127.46 KiB) Viewed 6629 times
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

The pictures look good guy`s - keep `em coming. canice looks mean `n moody !!
Mfg
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
rommel

Post by rommel »

Lads
To all who posted here above thank you one and all . I am delighted all who attended enjoyed all aspects of the show , the battle , the social side , the ride out and in general the whole weekend . It makes the whole effort worthwhile . Its a big undertaking and takes alot of time and efofrt behind the scenes to get it all to work but after the comments and calls i have had and Emmet it has paid off . Despite several efforts from various people to cause problems and trouble for the organisers it has yet agin backfireds for them . The show was a massive success . All permits were in order , all paperwork was on hand for all to inspect and everthing was in order . Mty thanks to the Department of Justice for the constant work in sorting out the licence and permits for the Pyros , only for them we would have no bvattle , The Gardai for their help in organising and advice on all things legal and the help in weekend , always on hand when we had to call for anything big or small . Tghe lads who attended the BAr B Q certainly enjoyed the atmosphere and commented on what a fine event it was an not a problem over the last 5 years . Despite varius anonymous e mails and phone calls to Customs , Inland revenue , Gardai , Wexford county council and anyone else you can name from so called anonymous concerned citizens the show still succeeded no end . Its pathetic to think one or two guys out there are so poisioined , but the good thing is they got no where . Everything was in order and above board .
to Jock , Colm , the WHLA , Die Gruppe , Soldat 44 , wargroup , Jaeger , Frontline , and every other genuine reenactor who came and gave it their all a big thank you .
we look forward to meeting ye all soon and hopefully at Salute show in august
rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

JB--06

Post by JB--06 »

Glad to see everything went well...

Regards Jb
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Well gentlemen , I think my Kamerad Rommel has pretty much covered everybody who helped make this event such a success .And to those who yet again tried to spoil our show without success , "up yours" .And please remember that the wheel always comes full circle . Many thanks to our Kameraden who travelled "over" and "down" to Duncannon . The men from Die Gruppe , Frontline, SGN , BGS and Jock and the guys from "Frundsberg " .Jock , you are a super and honest guy , many thanks for the long chat and info you shared with us , most interesting . You are always welcome to visit us any time .Roll on June 2009 .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

I forgot to mention S.G Nord , sorry lads , as always true supporters of the event , thanks Glen and Co.

rommel
ROMMEL

Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Frontline-Die Gruppe lads at Duncannon '08.
Attachments
296cd-20080615063052.jpg
296cd-20080615063052.jpg (81.48 KiB) Viewed 6344 times
Picture of the lads from Frontline-Die Gruppe
pzoa0cr8mo-20080615064230.jpg (43.79 KiB) Viewed 6342 times
slgmj-20080615061410.jpg (68.83 KiB) Viewed 6343 times
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

A few more.
Attachments
Gren Ullrich
Gren Ullrich
et82zqv3-20080617043859.jpg (91.09 KiB) Viewed 6335 times
yanksredcross.jpg
yanksredcross.jpg (87.04 KiB) Viewed 6332 times
bunker.jpg
bunker.jpg (69.12 KiB) Viewed 6332 times
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Well done Jaeger , some very nice photos there .There is no doubt that it is hard to beat good black and white photos.Hope to be up to see you guys very soon.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

Jeager
your truely gifted with that computer
, brilliant photos , well done , they look so original .ten out of ten .
Romel
ROMMEL

Return to “European reenactment and events”