Duncannon

European discussion. Post events here too.
Pirkka

Duncannon

Post by Pirkka »

I'd just like to say a big thanks to all the members of Irish LAH who were at Duncannon for the hospitality to shown this weekend. The weather was horrible but it couldn't dampen the craic. I'd also like to reccomend this show to any UK reenacters who fancy a dienst somewhere a bit different next year. You won't be dissapointed.
dagda

Post by dagda »

its damn good!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Rosselsprung

Duncannon 07

Post by Rosselsprung »

Yes, although the weather was s....e, KG Sud and Waterford Military/101st
Abn, and some Russian army put on a very well received battle for the
bloodthirsty public on Sunday. This year the Reich was on the defensive
as it was our turn to lose the battle this time..I was part of the German
defence line hodong off a combined allied/russian link up force... after a spirited but doomed defence the surviving Germans bottled themselves up in a bunker,
and after some pyrotechnic encouragement filed out. A bloodthirsty allied
soldier began singling out and shooting the Waffen SS prisoners out of hand, whereupon the
101st chaplain bravely intervened and had to draw his 45 to try and prevent further bloodshed.The arrival of some redcaps saw the POW killer
taken away into custody. The Russians really entered into the spirit of the
event, running along the row of prisoners in a frantic search for watches
and valuables!
THe crowd loved it, but it was a bit scary watching your comrades being
shot out of hand,everyone shouting at each other while being pushed about and fleeced by a worked up mob of enemy soldiers!
A great weekend, got to meet a real gent, an old Royal arty vet who fought up through Italy, Cassino etc, and who ended up guarding German Rocket scientists after the war.
kg sud currently soaking up the sun on a tour of Normandy with BMWs,
Zundapps, kubels etc, make a difference to all that green stuff with the
white star on the bonnet!
Regards from KG sud.
Rosselsprung
zhenya

Duncannon

Post by zhenya »

Yep, really enjoyed nicking all the German watches. :D
Also did some excellent Russian front videos that Joe will be putting up on the net once KGS get back from Normandy. Very enjoyable event, hopefully we will see a few more lads over from GB next year.

8) Hugh 8)
49th Mechinised Brigade (Ireland)
2nd Guards (GB)
SchnellMeyer

Duncannon

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Firstly , on behalf of myself , Joe and Emmet we would like to thank all the reenactors and military vehicle owners who make this show such a success again . Sadly the weather was not the usual sun shine that we normally get but that did not dampen the show . We are already planning next years show which will be bigger and better , especially the Battle .Special thanks goes to those who travelled over from the UK ,well done lads .Hopefully we will have more next year .
We will be putting up photos of Duncannon soon as well as our week tour of Normandy .The trip to Normandy was super as you will see from the photos , keep your eye out for these.
Best Wishes from all in " Battlegroupsouth "
Dein
Schnellmeyer.

Return to “European reenactment and events”