curragh military show ireland

European discussion. Post events here too.
Shergar

curragh military show ireland

Post by Shergar »

i would like to thank the organisers of the curragh show and those others that we from kgk met on the sunday , it was an excellent show and the people there were very welcoming lots of vehicles and decent people also got lots of new contacts and a better grasp of the reenacting groups in ireland we intend to place this on our must for events in the republic of ireland and i would recommend this event as an interesting and friendly event to attend in ireland . thank you military vehicle club of ireland :D
Rosselsprung

Curragh event...

Post by Rosselsprung »

Dropped in on the Curragh event too....cripes,where were the German vehicles :roll: ? Only a disjointed handful of German types wandering about, but no axis vehicles or dedicated group display :( ..
Oh well, at least there's the Duncannon show to look forward to, plenty
of that kind of stuff to be had :D ..
Rosselsprung
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Rosselsprung , yea I was also there as a "civi " . This show has gone from bad to worse over the last few years .We did a German display there some years ago when it was only a Military Vehicle show and it was good .Now it is more like a country fair , I saw a few Allied vehicles , nothing German at all only one or two guys dressed wondering around the place . I never knew that fire engines made up a military display , and no guys these were not Green Godesses ,they were bright red and loud. Ah well I can always look back at the good old days when a military vehicle event meant just that .
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

OY! you lot pack it in Now!
Very thinly veiled digs at another groups events are not popular here. You wont make friends with this type of post. You might think it was shite but here is not the place to take potshots at another group.
Any more crap and it's locked and gone.
To all posters, I dont give a tuppenny if you think you are the biggest or you think you are are the best, you will conduct yourselves with decorum, honour and I hope a certain amount of style and modesty on this forum. Belittling of others is none of these.
So there.
Thats you lot told.
Thanks for listening.
Cheers.
bye

bye
stalhelm

curragh show

Post by stalhelm »

hi schnelmeyer,
i went up to that event at the weekend too i heard that it was going to be a great day out for myself and the kids but when i got there all i could see was fire engines and i said to myself i must have come the wrong day or it had been cancelled i then asked a guy there was there supposed to be a military event on here today he said yes it is on today but all i could see was a few guys dressed up as germans standing around like it was a farmers market how disapointed i was,as i was leaving i heard 3 or 4 bangs and said to myself there must be a battle going on,great i then realised it was a car backfiring i then decided im going i should have stayed at home and painted that wall i was holding off doing,at least there is allways duncannon to look forward to you cant move down there for the vehicles,troops and the and the public swelling in numbers to get in the gate.
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi Stigroadie , it was not my intention or place to pass comments about other people's events or shows .I apologise if my post came across this way but I am entitled to my opinion .My post was not a dig at other groups or events. I was at the first Curragh Show some years ago when the club in Rep.of Ireland started up again after a lond spell in the wilderness and I was also a member of this club .As a German reenactor we came to the show with our club and put on a good display which to be honest wasn't hard as we were the only German Reenactors .We were always well received by both the MVCI and the public .Sadly we have not attened this event in the last few years because we now have our own show , which is soley a Military Show .
I did attend the Curragh show and was dissapointed with what was there , this is being honest and not digging at any one .I do hope this show manages to get back to it's former glory as there is plenty of room for this show and in time we would love to attend again .
Honesty is the best policy.
Schnellmeyer
von bock

Post by von bock »

i was at the curragh show i thought it was very good ,from tracked armor to land rovers , a very good display by the Air Corps as well some very nice allied vehicles were there also ,i look forward to next years show :D
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi von Bock , yea I saw you at the show .Glad to see you are still involved in the hobby . I just thought the show had slipped from it's excellent start some years ago .I agree with you about the Air Corps fly pass . Those new PC-9 are fantastic , they are the most advanced trainers in service world wide today . I guess I was just dissapointed with the German turn out , very poor when you concider what groups are in the Country .
Shergar

the curragh show

Post by Shergar »

the curragh show is an all embracing military vehicle show not just ww2 , also stalhelm you say you were heading with the kids " since when did you get a few kids , as last time we meet you didnt have any ?"

i do think its in rather poor taste that another groups show is slatted but one thing i can be sure of the people i spoke to were genuine ( you know what i mean here ) also i reackon i could if i had a vehicle leave it in their care without it being tampered with ( you know what im talking about here joe"rommel" as well )
i would suggest that bgs gets its act together and the right hand knows what the left hand is doing as one offers an olive branch and the other plots .
stalhelm

re

Post by stalhelm »

hey shergar,
as with regards to your post about "when did you have kids" you dont have to be married to have have kids you dont know anything about my personal life just because they wanted to be with there mother that do not mean im not entitled to bring them away with me the odd weekend or has life changed that much that this cant happen and further more i was not slatting you as group or being one sided i am entitled to my opinion as with everyone else on this forum i have notting to gain by doing that.That was just my two cents and if no likes it they can go and jump in the river.
simon

Post by simon »

If i was a Mod i'd lock this or delete it.Play nicely guys,or don't play at all.Everyone is entitled to their opinion(true enough),I think you'll find it's the way that opinion is voiced that makes a difference.This has a lot more to do with pathetic "in house" politics/chest puffing,so knock the crap on the head.This is a decent,friendly forum and we want it to stay that way,besides how does it look to "others" viewing your posts/reenacting......yeah not good eh! Think of YOUR HOBBY not your ego and start thinking with your brains,not your manhood :x :x
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

You were warned, this forum is not a place for you to carry on any beefs you may think you have. Please stop it, neither side is covering itself in glory with this petty back and forth niggling.
It's not my forum, it's not my thread but I have a role as moderator to ensure all runs well, with this thread it isnt.
Locking it, as always if you think it's still a valid thread [yeah right, argue that point!!] pm's please.

Return to “European reenactment and events”