Dead Man's Corner - Normandy

European discussion. Post events here too.
Tychsen

Re: Dead Man's Corner - Normandy

Post by Tychsen »

I heard on the radio on Sunday (8th) that the police did arrest someone in St- Mere-Eglise for wearing a German uniform , I don't know the circumstances or any details but it does underline the need for care.
In the collectors fair in the same location I saw several guys who had sewn on Shoulder boards to leather jackets and wore camo. caps with military style casual trousers - it may have been someone in this style of dress who came to the attention of the law.

Manny - you all did a great job , I do hope the grey hairs return to their natural colour , well done to all who took part.
Last edited by Tychsen on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerike

Post by gerike »

:D Hi all,
i post this pic .....fantastic event .... thanks to Manny and Darren.
Massimo and Marco.
Renactorsitalia 1943-1945
Fjr 3
Rome - Italy

Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Glad you all had a great time for me meeting the Vets is always the best part of any event
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Some photos I took at DMC.
Last edited by Tychsen on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Great photos what did the veterans think of you guys
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

As a visitor top the camp I was much impressed by the hard work and organisation which went into it , all concerned did a ghreat job.
My time there was limited and I had no chance to talk to anyone as the veterans were being taken round .
Once again well done , hopefully the event will run again next year with a more reasonable attitude from the authorities*.
( IMO*).
Last edited by Tychsen on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted

Post by Ted »

fantastic photo's guy's ! :D seriously very well done one & all. you seemed to have captured the banjaxed look of combat down to a tee ! .

would love to know what the Vet's thought of you. did anyone get a chance for a chat with them ????
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

excellent photos james off manny and his lads , all being well i might go there and visit next year , if manny either invites us or as a civilian . it is a pity that the french took a hard line approach but in a way it is understandable that they are sensitive to symbols being shown that others could find offensive , but it is a credit to manny that the lads he brought together did what they do best and showed how uk reenactment can do the job .
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Guys, i'm glad you liked the display, and there's some great photos there,thanks! Mind you, my butt looks massive in that smock! Ha!

The guys workied very hard at getting their kit and the look correct. And to support this the feedback from the veterans themselves was VERY positive!! I tried to speak to them, but it was hard as they did not speak English, and my German is of little use. There was a translater, and he was saying how impressed they were by it all. Must admit, they picked us up for not shaving.That is, until they realised what the display was all about.

Overall, they were pleased with it. So much, that they led us in a short rendition of "Rot schient die Sonne".
Fantastic!

MT
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

I was standing beside the motorcycle combination on the incline up from the shop when you ran past - field cap tucked into your belt - manny you looked like "a man on a mission" , you covered the ground up to your lads "at the double quick".
Once again , a very impressive turn out - the weathered and worn look makes for a much more realistic presentation, good one.
von bock

Post by von bock »

great pictures james ! the dug in positions look very impressive !! the 88 sets it off ,nice
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Feel i have to add to the comments above.You guys are a credit to the re-enactment scene.The photos say it all,fantastic.If those photos were b&w i would bet they would be mistaken for original.Without a doubt i'd say the vets were very impressed too,and maybe it brought back some good and also a few bad memories too.Well done guys,superb photos.
carentan

Post by carentan »

Some B/W ones.

Gefreiter Bergmann directing mortar fire

The CP with Torn eb radio and pin-ups girls

The Zelt camp

Sean with his new scope :wink:

Re-enforced foxhole, slept in there overnight and was very homely

Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Nice photos - I much admired the optical set up , how long did it take you lads to "dig in" ?
von bock

Post by von bock »

the pictures get better i say there was a lot of sore backs from all the digging :wink: :lol: impressive lads
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/

Return to “European reenactment and events”