Dead Man's Corner - Normandy

European discussion. Post events here too.
SchnellMeyer

Re: Dead Man's Corner - Normandy

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Not to worry Steve , you are always welcome over in Ireland as I am sure also in the UK .If you want to come over to Ireland while in the UK please let me know .I own a super Irish Pub and we will put you up , for free of course .Hope you get my parcel soon.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Justin, my sincere thanks for the offer. I would love to make it over there, we should be spending a deal of time in the UK, so anythings possible.

My uncle was a publican in Cornwall for many years. (sorrty to hijack this post, won't be long!) He owned the Sheaf of Wheat in, I think, Mevagissy and we also owned & ran Acton Castle near Penzance in the 60's and 70's. I was only a kid then, but my love for English pubs has not abated. only now I tend to stay in the bar areas far longer! :lol: :shock:
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
carentan

Post by carentan »

There is a discussion forum for the re-enactors attending this event, will contain updates, kit list etc. If you are going to DMC and want to subscribe to the forum then PM me and I'll send you a link.

Thanks
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

Danke.

Can you pm me the link...as you know we have a group from 9 Komp./6FJR (BattleGroup South) on the way there.

Regards

Mike B
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

post me the link as i might just be attending this myself , and look forward to visiting thanks
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

We will have to keep a eye out for you Martin , this will be a super event .We will be there in full force.

re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

Lads
We have now finalised details and plans for the French invasion Part ii , we will be linking up with our friends from germany ourside of Carentan prior to reinforcing the brave FJ lads in occupation there that week . Our German colleagues will have a kubel , Swimmwagen , 4 BMW and Zundapp heavy outfiits and a truck that was used in the Stauffenburg film of late . We will be having a combined camp near Omaha for the week . So members of FJ^ hold tough til we arrive with supplies of beer , whiskey and Guinesss .
Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

Shergar

Post by Shergar »

SchnellMeyer wrote:We will have to keep a eye out for you Martin , this will be a super event .We will be there in full force.

máirtín... hopefully will have my fj gear by then .
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

thanks for the link looking forward to it already .. :D
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

We have plenty of gear if you are stuck , you can also get some great deals from the shop at Dead Man's Corner . Roll on June.

re-enactment group
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

Thanks for the offer , but I should manage to get sorted out by then if I can get the time off , You missed a terrific show in Cavan thought you would have made an appearence with all your vehicles . Any way there is always the biggest show in Ireland coming up soon .... The Curragh that is, perhaps bgs will be there thats providing you don't mind displaying beside fire engines .
I would certainly recommend the Curragh show to the UK groups if your coming to Ireland this events season why not fly into Dublin and travel down to the Curragh show see te event on the european section .. its Irelands biggest show
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

If memory serves me rightly the largest show of military vehicles in Ireland over the last three years has been at the Duncannon show .I was at the Curragh show last year and there were more fire engines than military vehicles .Only for our Defence Forces helping out , things would have been very light on the ground. We may be at the Curragh show this May to help it out but we are doing some film work for a TV network in May , if this does not clash then we will be there .Duncannon is a better location as we have the full use of a Army Fort rather than a open field , but that is just the luck of the draw plus there is the added bonus of Duncannon being only 20 miles from Rosslare Ferry Port for all the groups coming over from the UK and we have a good deal done with the Ferry company who will give reduced rates to all travelling .As there are new shows also popping up in Northern Ireland we will have to pick and choose what to attend as we cant be every where will all our vehicles.

re-enactment group
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

is st malo near to dead mans corner ?
as i will be there around the time visiting friends , not sure if i will have all my gear by then but might pop down to say hi to everyone.
the discussion site is good just popped on to look
Last edited by Shergar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

sorry just had to knock this one into shape.
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

Jungs,

Doing a little research into the 6th at Carentan and always amazes me the shoddy portrayal that they got away with on Band of Brothers. Not a word about the several days fighting...the capture of 211 American Officers and men by 24 Fallschirmjager led by Alex Uhlig, albeit in July. Guess it really is the victors who write the history!!!
Still, it will be nice to be there with our FJ Kameraden to honour those men in our own way.

Return to “European reenactment and events”