Siege of Leningrad (St. Petersburg) 2007

European discussion. Post events here too.
Ted

Post by Ted »

thats a fetish too far for my liking !...... my cousin Sasha (wife's side) was an officer in the border guards on the mongolian border, his job was the visit the locals, handshakes etc etc & worst of all take part in hospitality meals etc....!!! you have never heard the like of what those geezers eat & drink, turns my guts to just think about it :shock: :x :x
needles to say he put in for a transfer very quickly :D
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Hehe. Nah, something a bit less 'extreme' than that for me, but a bit more authentic than those people you see on BBC South-East camping in yurts in bloody Bournemouth or somewhere, with fridges and tellies, "Really experiencing Mongol life".

Pu-lease :roll:
simon

Post by simon »

Yeah filofaxhugging-treeloving-neuvopeasants :shock:
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Reminds me of a Jeremy Clarkson quote:

"I read in The Guardian that apparently I pulled up behind their [whatever section] Editor's bike and yelled 'Get a car!'. Untrue. Actually I yelled 'Get a car you leaf-eating hippy'."
von Olsson

Post by von Olsson »

Hi Niel, we got some of your and Steve Martins (the sportsman 8) ) singing on film, really hot stuff! Both russians and germans from our group will go back next year, what can possible beat reenactment on historic battleground and the response we got, espacillay from the ladies?
We will send pics and film.

/Uscha Olsson
abc123

Post by abc123 »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Fantastic Neil! Well done and well done for representing us Brits over there..... Is there scope to make this the equivalent of the Yankees homage to Normandie??????? Would it be worth opening a savings club and hiring a charabang or ten to take a proper Armee Gruppe over?

-------------------------------

We could even team up with our erstwhile Soviet Allies here in the UK and send a homogenous pan UK team over?

Could even show some other Euros the way to go? :wink:
We've been thinking about this Paul and how best to do it. The Leningrad gigs are pretty much set firm and clearly work well. Other options could be: Russia direct, and have Finland as a bolt on package for those that want to do that.

Or alternatively Moscow region in spring/summer. There are enough of us on the UK circuit who have the contacts and/or know how to pull this kind of thing together and open a few doors to a few places. I think it is eminently workable and there are lots of options to make this affordable for as many people as we can.

But I niet live in a yurt even 1 time on any trip. My father in law is from the land of borat and even he laugh at yurt peoples. Except his sister. She is married to biiiiig man of Kirghiz peoples and he even own mirror and head creatures comb!
"hello is that customer services? This rifle is giving me manic depression. What you gonna do about it"?
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

We could even team up with our erstwhile Soviet Allies here in the UK and send a homogenous pan UK team over?
Bair (who organised this year and last years dienst) operates a travel company that organises everything. Weapons hire, entrance to the battle, introductions to the russian groups, coaches, visas, hotels the lot.
He invited us, the 2nd and 13th guards from the UK. What a gent he is and actually subsidised the trip from his own pocket (he is a commited re-enactor of the highest order)

The Russian groups (mainly St Petersburg based) were our hosts at the battle, and their kit standard is very high. Why not I supose. Who wants SOF repros when the originals are cheaper? With the exception of 1 or 2 dodgy haircuts they would be the bell of the ball at any European show.

We however were stripped down to basic belt order due to customs worries and baggage limitations!

If the trip is on next year, I'm sure he would welcome other groups involvement.

One thing I want to ask him however, "Is can we organise a pan-UK group to visit Kursk at the aniversary next summer?"

Now wouldnt that be sweet!
Last edited by Reich Crispies on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Hi Niel, we got some of your and Steve Martins (the sportsman ) singing on film, really hot stuff! Both russians and germans from our group will go back next year, what can possible beat reenactment on historic battleground and the response we got, espacillay from the ladies?
Right on!

May I again say what an honour and a privelage it was to take the field with you guys.
It will not be the last you see of Das Reich!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
simon

Post by simon »

Kursk :shock: Dream venue 8)
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
ObGren. Conrad

Post by ObGren. Conrad »

wow , the best event I ever been to. :)
would love to do it again next year.

here is the small film I made with my camera before and after the event including steve and Reich Crispies singing .
http://www.reenactor.se/slask/Russia2007.wmv

Will post the film Patrik from our group did with his DV-camera during the battle with in a few days + some photos from the trip .

It was nice meeting you all, hope to see you soon again
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

von Olsson wrote:Hi Niel, we got some of your and Steve Martins (the sportsman 8) ) singing on film, really hot stuff! Both russians and germans from our group will go back next year, what can possible beat reenactment on historic battleground and the response we got, espacillay from the ladies?

/Uscha Olsson
OH YES I HAVE GREAT BODY :lol: .....BIIIIG SPORTMAN!!

I look forward to seeing you all again soon. If we don't get to Sweden this year, see you in Finland in Jan 2008!

Best wishes

Steve M
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

Im up for some of that :D
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

steve kellher wrote:Im up for some of that :D
You would be the 1st to be sent packing to the Salt mines :lol:

glad the trip went well lads ive had the green light from the other half for next year if its on.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

My other half just reads about it on the calendar stuck on the fridge!!! She's no excuse that way!!!!!
Liebstandarte

Post by Liebstandarte »

Looked really great guys, said staring at the screen turning a sickening shade of green !
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt

Return to “European reenactment and events”