Salute show

European discussion. Post events here too.
berlin1945

Salute show

Post by berlin1945 »

I would ask that if any one is available tomorrow to come and give the Irish Volunteer Org and myself some support tomorrow as I will be bringing a 4th Northern Division Old Irish Republican Army display to the Salute show at Swords tomorrow Sunday 26th, We would appreicate your moral support and it gives us the opportunity to chat and to listen to others. Many thanks Mairtin 4th Northern Division old IRA 1913 to 1923, Unbowed and Unbroken
Attachments
glasnevin.jpg
glasnevin.jpg (103.91 KiB) Viewed 8652 times
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Re: Salute show

Post by berlin1945 »

Details of the show for any other Irish re-enactors that are invited or able to attend this fine show taking place. it is a multiperiod show featuring quality groups from differing periods in world history and lots and lots of armour.

I'll take some photos and post up of the WW2 era stuff if I have the opportunity.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Just home from Salute had a lovely day meeting the people from the Dublin and surrounding areas, the turn out was good more than expected and the weather was lovely, warm and dry and a warm breeze, there was a multi- period approach to the event from napoleanoic to WW1 circa representations from German, Irish and British good to see a German impression for the first time in Ireland, then the usual suspercts lots of americans from groups to vehicles all well turned out and very impressive with lots of vehicles which had been carefully restored. the German groups were there Fjr, Heer and also Waffen ss and there was a short battle scenerio both WW1 era and WW2 era.There was an impressive amount of post ww2 armour in the form of tanks and tracked vehicles from around the world and would be of interest to those that are into the evolution of armour.
The public were very happy to interact with the Groups in attendence and I think all had a good show and every one appeared to be in the best of humour with lots of discussions and quid pro quo debates on this and that and the " if only history had brought in retrospect this or that decision." I certainly would recommend a visit to this fine show and it could be used as a stepping stone to a longer visit to Dublin city itself to get a feel of the people and add to your list of places to go whilst in Ireland. My thanks to the organisers for their hospitality and also to the staff that did an excellent job and made every one feel welcome.

Rosselsprung

Post by Rosselsprung »

Was the 1916 armband a war of independence issue to volunteers or a post war of ind emblem? any pics from salute..maith agat!
Rosselsprung
Rosselsprung

Post by Rosselsprung »

awarded retrospectively in the thirties/forties i am told before the commemorative medal was struck and issued. So not worn during the revolutionary period.sin sin as they say, "well thats that then".
Rosselsprung

Return to “European reenactment and events”