Street battle at Kranj, Slovenia

European discussion. Post events here too.
bov1313rf

Street battle at Kranj, Slovenia

Post by bov1313rf »

Our group got an opportunity to reenact street battle in small town of Kranj. We got the whole old part of city for few hours, to convert in it in year 1945; unfortunately, allied troops were there soon. In fact such a battle had never happened (allied never fought with Germans in Slovenia), but it might if….
We can’t make such spectacular battles as our friends in Czech (I know they have event in Prague two days ago), but for our country reenactment events attract many spectators. However, both spectators and fighting troops were limited due to small streets in old town.
Just to illustrate interest of the public, main evening news on TV prepared 3 minutes report on our event.
Beside ‘’local’’ units of our club, some friends from Italy joined us as well.
I’m enclosing some pics,
Major König
Attachments
IMG_3332.jpg
IMG_3332.jpg (127.21 KiB) Viewed 16349 times
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg (124.57 KiB) Viewed 16349 times
IMG_3228.jpg
IMG_3228.jpg (148 KiB) Viewed 16349 times
bov1313rf

Re: Street battle at Kranj, Slovenia

Post by bov1313rf »

some more pics
Attachments
IMG_3532.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg (154.43 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
IMG_3411.jpg
IMG_3411.jpg (152.4 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
IMG_3418.jpg
IMG_3418.jpg (134.78 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
bov1313rf

Post by bov1313rf »

some more....
Attachments
IMG_3496.jpg
IMG_3496.jpg (186.47 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
IMG_3509.jpg
IMG_3509.jpg (108.35 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
IMG_3559.jpg
IMG_3559.jpg (175.52 KiB) Viewed 16348 times
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Like the battered and dirty look of the Kübel!! :D
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Great stuff :)

They won't let us do anything like that here in the UK. :cry:

Peiper
KDF

Post by KDF »

The German officer photo is my fave. Esp with his ( empty ? ) pistol in the other hand.
Founder member of AFRA.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Peiper wrote:Great stuff :)

They won't let us do anything like that here in the UK. :cry:

Peiper

yes they will :wink:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
bov1313rf

Post by bov1313rf »

It's my favor as well, young, thin, elegant; far away from my own image (old, not so this, with almost grey berad).
His pistol was not empty, but he is using so calles Knall cartridges; unfortunamety pistol is not reworked in usual salut version;
I'm usins (beside my MP40) P38, which is firing blank 9 mm cartridges, same as my MP40.

my own picture is below. All three officers were captured at the end of the battle, I had to deliver my P38 to American officer and all three officers were walking arround with raised hands; that's the destiny, at the end we, Germans, always lost.

But I have a plan to avoid this; in Slovenia so called Rupnik (defense) line was build; a small version of Maginot line; large concrete bunkers and vast underground complexes, more than 100 km long line. I would like to get one of complex of bunkers to reenact attack of German troops of Rupnik line on April 7, 1941. Line resist for 6 hours; battles were quite severe. There is an interesting book ''Unten Edelweis gegen jugoslawien'' published in 1942; describing fighting on Rupnik line trough German eyes.
If German would fought against Royal Yugoslav Army, they would win. I only have a problem on which side to place myself, as one of my role is a general of Royal Yugoslav Army
Attachments
IMG_3289.jpg
IMG_3289.jpg (130.98 KiB) Viewed 16303 times
fullscreen2.jpg
fullscreen2.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 16303 times
fullscreen3.jpg
fullscreen3.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 16303 times
Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Interesting pictures and battle! :wink:

but...
...you need a little work on authenticity!
(Authenticity is one of the most important things in Reenacting/Living History)

...for example:

you wear the feldbluse of infantry officers & artillery officers hat (Schirmmütze) :?:

this is just one example (...but it would be more...)

P.S. This was a well-intentioned criticism :wink:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Herr Wolf It would be nice for us to see YOU before you start things at others
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

I think dat alot of his stuff is original.
Last edited by Mooyman on Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best repro is an original...
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

Wolf wrote:Interesting pictures and battle! :wink:

but...
...you need a little work on authenticity!
(Authenticity is one of the most important things in Reenacting/Living History)

...for example:

you wear the feldbluse of infantry officers & artillery officers hat (Schirmmütze) :?:

this is just one example (...but it would be more...)

P.S. This was a well-intentioned criticism :wink:
Am i right :?:

The best repro is an original...
bov1313rf

Post by bov1313rf »

Hi, Moymann,

you're right; all (except of my RK) is original; Blouse, Schirmmutze, feldspange, EK1 etc; all is original.
I should stop wear originals on reenactment indeed. I've bought a Schirmmmutze (with appropriate white piping) from Soldier of fortune, but it's made so bad that I won't going to wear it, no sir. I have indeed one more infantry Schirmmutze, but it's so nice (extrae Erel class) that even I believe it's a pitty to wear it.
In the battle I've changed Schirmmutze for feldmutze. I know it was wrong to wear red piping on cap for an infantry officer, but still better that other sh...t.
For public, which had in 99,9% no idea about ''waffenfarbe'', Schirmmutze make much better image of a German officer that (a poor) feldmutze.
I agrree reenatment should be so close to original as possible, (and my group will do all to improve where needed), but compromises sometimes should be made.
I'm glad young member Wolf (from yestarday??) have detected ''mistakes'', but I would indeed like to see some of his photos, action photos if possible
As well there is a slight difference, when you're reenacting a battle in from of an audience, which is going on for half an hour or more, where ''wrong moves'' can't be corrected and a shooting of pictures, of poses, where you can place people on the picture so many times that result is what you want to acchieve.
But difference of ''action'' photos or ''still.stand'' photos are very clear....
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Hello to all,
I am "new" in practice reenacting and I first look in reenacting events in neighboring countries (because Croatia don't have WW2 reenacting scene) so Slovenia is first & only in (our) neighborhood with this type events.
I am a photographer with the interest to participate in this type of event, and to photograph them for own pleasure and enjoyment of other participants - reenactors.
For my point of view, for the reenactment is important to be as authentic and convincing in that area of history that shows...
..and using original parts of uniform is super!
...but, if some parts of uniform don't belong together, for me is better to have reproductive parts of uniforms that go together.
As I sad before "this was a well-intentioned criticism" and I don't wanted to be rude and offensive!

(I apologize if I was not quite clear in my good intentions / my English is not so good )

Return to “European reenactment and events”