Three days in January

European discussion. Post events here too.
BLITZER

Re: Three days in January

Post by BLITZER »

Ahhh, it's gooood to be back to the sunny Italy, after the adversities of the Russian Front .....

Very very nice event, a sobering experience about what means and, above else, what feels, fighting the weather constantly.

Even if I was mentally prepared to cope with the cold the physical shock is almost overwhelming, as I experienced during our short-timed fishing trip over the frozen lake.
We were at - 22°, and making it barely, then a thin breeze seemed to rip every bit of exposed flesh off our faces and hands, fiercely.

I can understand Repper's worries about frostbite, it can happen all of a sudden, but we were well looked after by our experienced Finnish friends, and the event has been a success and a memorable one.

Meeting Friends from all over Europe, from Belgium, Finland, Holland, Ireland, Lithuania, Spain, U.K., sharing the same spirit and passion, in that kind of environment, has been a testament of true Kameradschaft.

None of that would have been possible without the selfless efforts of Herr Repper and his fantastic family, and the support of "Nord" and "Etulinja" reenactment groups.

Many thanks to you all, and looking forward to meet you again at the Stug event.

Roberto
http://www.progetto900.com

p.s. are you sure that Andy is back ?? I heard tales of a bare-chested man spotted roaming the Finnish forests ......
Theodor Voss

Post by Theodor Voss »

Schnitzel wrote:Had a great time! It was nice meeting all these people from different countries, speaking different languages, great and friendly bunch of people :)
I can't agree more! Thank you for everything! It was a weekend to never forget!
Crazy Dutch lad, Theodor Voss

-3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund"-
rednas

Post by rednas »

As people said before me, great weekend :D Thanks to the lads from Gaißmair and the everyone else. Nice to meet so many new people and cultures. That weekend also made you think about how hard it must have been to those who had to fight in those conditions in ww2. My photo's will follow as soon as they're ready.
28Wallonien

Post by 28Wallonien »

Driving back from Frankfurt to the Ardennes under the +/- 50 cm snow was quite a challenge but we went back home without problems.
That was a perfect event!!!
We want to thank the whole Gaißmair crew, Repper's family, the proud Finnish soldiers and all of you Kameraden from all over Europe.

Eric.
"Qui s'y frotte s'y pique"
3./I. SS Freiwilligen Grenadier Regiment 69
28. SS Freiwilligen Panzergrenadier Division "Wallonien"
Michael Gründler

Post by Michael Gründler »

I had a great time, the cold wasn't that bad to deal with and I learned a lot.
I really enjoyed the night patrols although i got dehydrated :(

After this weekend you can only realise how it was for the soldiers back then, having to deal with not only the cold but also an enemy. nothing less than respect for them!

I would like to thank Joel for this great opportunity and his Family to receive us in their home and I would like to thank everyone who made this event possible.

and I also would like to thank everyone that was there for a great weekend, you all were great company, i had a lot of fun with you all and above all kameradschaft!!
Grüße,
Michael Gründler

Return to “European reenactment and events”