Going to Normandy this year ?

European discussion. Post events here too.
Tychsen

Going to Normandy this year ?

Post by Tychsen »

error.
SchnellMeyer

Re: Going to Normandy this year ?

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Hi James , well we hope to do our annual trip over there again this year .But as we have being going over there for some years now we are also looking for some place new , any ideas men ???

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Petit

Post by Petit »

From Spain ......yes!!!!!
ImageImage
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Going to be in Germany doing festivals with 'the godfathers of emo'.
I'd love to be in Normandy though.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Yes, I've been invited by a British group so I will be there. 8)
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

remember the rules have changed about how you can present yourself in uniform in france.
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Just got news that there is a good event on in Italy this year too , might be a change from Normandy for one year .

re-enactment group
rommel

Post by rommel »

I hopesp , I think Normandy is getting a bit stale now and the way the french authorities are carrying on i think it will put off alot of groups who normally would travel there and enjoy that special atmosphere that was Normandy , its a real pity , so if Italy pans out i think thats where we in BGS will be going .

Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

CASSONI

Post by CASSONI »

Sorry Joe i was determined to keep out these forums you reenactors pass your free time on but i got a call from a friend who said that he came across the post you and the other guy wrote and i am wondering will it be you two who waste there time trying to organise a trip that was never seriously on the agenda or some other fool like me who wasted a whole year contacting the Italian authorities and the Museum in Cassino spending my time and money on a fools errand,well i suppose there is no shortage of little yes men in the ranks just waiting for you and the other one forgot his name Justine i think to throw them a bone now and again
Oreste Cassoni X member of your little group
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Well here we go again with a ex member of a club who has a axe to gring , even 12 months after the event . Lets keep to the facts , the trip to Cassino for BGS to transport there vehicles was over 3,500 euro and this had to be paid by the club members .As Oreste Cassoni was a member at this time he was well aware of this cost , why did we not go then , well simply because the trip to Normandy was far cheaper and better value . Now , Oreste stop playing games and you are well aware of this forum as is your "Dark Lord " , you are yet again making a ass of yourself . You are a ex member by your own choice . This is yet again a example of what shit BGS have to put up with and I also note this is "Cassoni" first post . I would ask the Mod on this topic to watch this person as he only wants trouble .Get a life Oreste and remember who were your real friends when you had none , shame on you .

re-enactment group
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

CASSONI wrote:Sorry Joe i was determined to keep out these forums you reenactors pass your free time on but i got a call from a friend who said that he came across the post you and the other guy wrote and i am wondering will it be you two who waste there time trying to organise a trip that was never seriously on the agenda or some other fool like me who wasted a whole year contacting the Italian authorities and the Museum in Cassino spending my time and money on a fools errand,well i suppose there is no shortage of little yes men in the ranks just waiting for you and the other one forgot his name Justine i think to throw them a bone now and again
Oreste Cassoni X member of your little group
CASSONI Weldone Not bad for a first post and a polite warning for it thats a first . If you have an axe to grind do it some other place not here !
And No I am not BGS pet mod as some have said Just some one who is Pissed off with people sniping at other groups .
ImageImageImageImageImage
TacAide

Post by TacAide »

SchnellMeyer wrote:Well here we go again with a ex member of a club who has a axe to gring , even 12 months after the event .
Unfortunately I have to say that for any person with responsibilities in a club, group or organisation there is only one thing worse than disgruntled members and that’s disgruntled ex-members!

The latter tend to wander about nursing presumed grievances for days, months or even years, waiting for an opportunity to ‘hit back’ at their adversaries. In the end they are usually facilitated by another club, group or organisation equally determined to use them to ‘have a go’ at their rivals.

Maybe they should just grow up and get over it!
CASSONI

Post by CASSONI »

CASSONI Weldone Not bad for a first post and a polite warning for it thats a first . If you have an axe to grind do it some other place not here !
And No I am not BGS pet mod as some have said Just some one who is Pissed off with people sniping at other groups .[/quote]
Fair enough i wish all groups well and hold no grievances against any one, its a free world we live in and are all entitles to our opinions weather complementary or not, the reason i left BGS is very simple!!!! i got fed up with all the back stabbing that was going on in all the clubs,it wasn't a hobby for me any longer and the fun element was overtaken by greed jealousy and sheer spite by a few and i say FEW because 99% of the blokes i meet in the hobby were fine decent people and still have many good friends from the different clubs sorry but i saw red when i saw the post about Italy,i could go on and on about the shambles that i got mixed up in but i wont i made my point and thank you for letting me say my piece
Oreste Cassoni
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

CASSONI wrote: Fair enough i wish all groups well and hold no grievances against any one, its a free world we live in and are all entitles to our opinions weather complementary or not, the reason i left BGS is very simple!!!! i got fed up with all the back stabbing that was going on in all the clubs,it wasn't a hobby for me any longer and the fun element was overtaken by greed jealousy and sheer spite by a few and i say FEW because 99% of the blokes i meet in the hobby were fine decent people and still have many good friends from the different clubs sorry but i saw red when i saw the post about Italy,i could go on and on about the shambles that i got mixed up in but i wont i made my point and thank you for letting me say my piece
Oreste Cassoni
Ok Oreste thats two post and both having a dig at BGS , I take it that you no longer reenact ? How about your friend is he a reenactor ?
I ask as sadly there are some who are out to up set the groups and your first post looked like one of those .
ImageImageImageImageImage
rommel

Post by rommel »

In response to the previous posts , well Oreste you sure have a short memory , very short inded . I did personally go to alot of efforts to try make the Italian trip a possibility but i do remember it working out alot more expensive than justin stated , it was nearer to 6000 euro to get the vehicles shipped out and back in containers and it was completely unfeasible in the end ,and that was only to get the vehicles there , not the men and weapons , we could not get the numbers for a short trip like that so we organised a trip to Normandy in lieu of it for 16 of our members . In fact you were to meet us there last year and never showed up !!!
Oreste whoever has his hand up your ass and is the real puppet master here should get a life .All 35 other members seem to be happy with the way we run our group and what we have achieved . I didnt hear too many tears after you r spedy departure .You were well treated by this group and myself and Justin included so put a sock in it . if you have a problem and wanted to discuss it you still have our numbers . It never stopped you before contacting us when you need to sell something or wanted to sell your bike , in fact you were quiet glad when we sent the guy over to you at salute show who bought your bike so take a good long think about who is using you and why .Typical italian attitude , swap sides and turn on your old friends , nothing new there i suppose.. I should not have expected anymore from you i guess

Rommel
ROMMEL
Komp.Kmdr Kampfgruppe Sud

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands largest German military vehicle and re-enactment group

Return to “European reenactment and events”