Victory show 2009

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Victory show 2009

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Great news people the Victory Show is ON.

http://www.victoryshow.co.uk/

Start getting yer groups in and lets have a great do this year and help the organisers make up for the disaster.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hans Gowert

Re: Victory show 2009

Post by Hans Gowert »

link not working for people?
Crazy Feldgendarme

Hmm funny that it was there for a few weeks now gone.

:?
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

yep, i saw it too dave, i remember seeing a pic of me on my bike, mybe they have took it offline to work on it for advertising it this years event

looking forwards to it, always a great event, so sad about last year, this year it will be fine....
lets make this years make up for last :wink:
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

what was the actul date ? 9th wernt it ?
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

Hans Gowert wrote:what was the actul date ? 9th wernt it ?
dunno but the 9th is a wednesday :shock:

the 4\5\6 is a fri sa sun

the 11 \`12\13 is a fri sat sun in september
must have been one of those

earlier one methinks
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

I think they might leave it to the later one as the 4/5/6th is a bit close to Detling.
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
Crazy Feldgendarme

Apparently the domain name ran out, and the dates were the weekend after Detling. Though acording to Dave on the other forum he may not be as involved this year due to other commitments.

GeFoPo
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:Apparently the domain name ran out, and the dates were the weekend after Detling. Though acording to Dave on the other forum he may not be as involved this year due to other commitments.

That'll be hard for those doing both shows!
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Steve Pepper rang me today to confirm that the show is going ahead and also to confirm AFRA's involvement again with this great show. AFRA - far from being commerical - is supporting this show by supplying the pyrotechnics and ancillary equipment for the battle FOC. AFRA will as usual be setting up the battle and executing it with the help of the fine groups who attend.

Now - I am privy to information and I must TELL you all - This show NEEDS practical support. As we all know it did not go ahead last year due to unfortunate weather - As a result the organisers LOST OVER £20,000 even after the insurer paid out for what was covered. This means they have little or nothing in the kitty and they are in effect starting from scratch again. So - this brilliant show which really breathes life into the Autumn every year needs YOU - whoever you are to GIVE in some way. They are going ahead even with this fabled "credit crunch" we are experiencing when many shows have or will give up the ghost. I often hear the plaudits for the Victory Show and people rating it as "THE BEST" - well - now comes the time to step up to the plate people.
Already tables are being booked of the dance - Already the organisers are investing in better drainage, better exits, extending the runway to allow warbirds to land - Dave Pratt - contrary to popular rumour IS on board - The team is complete and stronger than ever. These guys are putting 200% into this one.

We are making our contribution - and it amounts to thousands (around two in fact) - We are stepping up and providing the backdrop to the spectacle many of you love to take part in and/or watch. I am asking the readers to do the same in whatever way you can - Make the Victory Show just that! OUR Victory.
JDR

Post by JDR »

By what means do they want groups to help? To waiver their fees, donations if so where and how? To pay for the transportation of vehicles themselves? whip round at the event? Just questions so we now what to expect or how to help.

I do think the credit crunch will bite this year with some shows and reenactors feeling the pinch this year you just have to look at firms doing to the wall or laying off folk within the past couple of months.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

[quote=\"JDR\"]By what means do they want groups to help? To waiver their fees, donations if so where and how? To pay for the transportation of vehicles themselves? whip round at the event? Just questions so we now what to expect or how to help.

I do think the credit crunch will bite this year with some shows and reenactors feeling the pinch this year you just have to look at firms doing to the wall or laying off folk within the past couple of months.[/quote]

Do ya still need my help after all these years Jon? :-)

I thought the clue was in my post - I am asking you in whatever way you can to help.... however you see fit - I\'ve told you what we are doing - practical help in the real world - Maybe asking Pep or Pratty might provide a better answer?
PS
Do groups get fees for attending Victory? first I\'ve heard.... but then again - you may be right or may just have opened that old can of worms again.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Your the one Paul asking
whoever you are to GIVE in some way
all im asking is such as what?, what do they want in the way of help? so we can help! easy enough question to answer for someone whos privy to such information. :roll:
Do ya still need my help after all these years Jon?
NAH :lol:

Do groups get fees for Victory you tell me some may some may not.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
bilko

Post by bilko »

Paul,Mate.....Were's the tin for my donation.... 8)

Dave..
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

got any for the abbey jon :wink: :lol:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”