Victory show 2009

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Stigroadie

Re: Victory show 2009

Post by Stigroadie »

barnaclebill wrote:Glad I went and glad to help out on the pyro
You must be worn out after touching those two wires to a battery? :roll:
Some of the Americans in tanks had to do that three times!! And hold some wires while they were taped up.
nelz

Post by nelz »

Brilliant show , brilliant crowd , brilliant company , weather perfect........ I underline everything that has been said.

Well done to all involved. :D

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

That's a relief Wendy - Proper battle damage that is though....... I suppose it'll be the only graze in the village will it? :lol:

We did dirty quite a few vehicles this weekend gone - T'was only powder paint though - but we didn't ought to give the trade secrets away - :roll:

To set records straight - the Pyro team consisted of the following

Bryn Spawton
Sean Tighe
Emma Busby
Richard Busby
Geoff Wood
Glenn Parry
Paul Dalby
Karl Walls.

No ambiguity - The gig was done on the AFRA insurance and with the exception of Glenn who is a trained pyrotechnician in his own right - All other team members are members of AFRA. The kit was placed and fired by the team except in cases where it was not practical (i.e. tank barrel charges) and with that exception two other trained personnel fired charges on a Bren Carrier and a Truck.

What with folks complaining over use of cement and all the other H&S BS floating about we can't be too careful can we?

Let's not put a downer on a great gig here - but the team named above gave at least 30 hours hard graft each to achieve what we did........ laying over 3 km of cable is no joke!!!!!
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Hoffman Grink wrote: What with folks complaining over use of cement and all the other H&S BS floating about we can't be too careful can we?
I thoroughly enjoyed being in the thick of it! :D

I haven't been so enthusiastic about a public event for ages... it was also very refreshing to see genuine enthusiasm and inquisitiveness amongst the MOP's and being asked so many questions.

I think the south suffers a little 'overkill' where shows are concerned, I've begun to notice a little less enthusiasm amongst some MOP's in the 'Home Counties' in recent years.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

RANGER SGT

Post by RANGER SGT »

realy great show hats off to the pyro team you lads did a great job :D
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

just wanted to add that i had a great weekend and am proud to say i was involved in the victory show pyro team!.

It was great to see old friends again and make new ones!

Thank you to all that were involved.

Em.xxxx
farby but nice!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Best victory show ever as far as I'm concerned.
Spectacular battle to one side, the rest of the event was very professionally executed also.
No problems, great response from the public, full on 'team' feeling to the whole event.
Cant see how it could be realistically improved.

Well done to the whole show team. More of the same next year we hope!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

Stigroadie wrote:
barnaclebill wrote:Glad I went and glad to help out on the pyro
You must be worn out after touching those two wires to a battery? :roll:
Some of the Americans in tanks had to do that three times!! And hold some wires while they were taped up.
Why are you bitching at me again Stig? It's putting a sour taste to a good well humoured and well intentioned thread. My involvement was in no was anywhere near as much as anyone else on the above mentioned pyro team and I'm in no way saying it was and no way taking taking anything away from the huge and professional effort of the team. I merely helped, in a small way, Les with his truck pyro. Please if you want to bitch keep it to PM as I'm sure someone will ask me to , just see. I felt this needed clarifying in the open.

FTI, I didn't actually touch any wires to any battery, purpose built firing box only and I didn't even do that! Les did. :roll:

Let's move on to a possitive note please. It was a fantastic show and all involved either the 'staff' or the reenactors should be rightly proud. After the weather of last year it was heartwarming to seeing the event bounce back strong and very successful. Well done all.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

The pyro team were most grateful for all the help they received from the few individuals detonating charges on various vehicles, Matt. I believe Stigs comments were a little tongue in cheek. There was yourself and Les, the guys on the sherman, the SWB in the carrier and the chap in the british half track. You all acted with great professionalism to enable us to concentrate on the bigger stuff on the ground and the charges mounted on the german armoured vehicles. Thank you all for chipping in to create a superb event :)

Thanks is also due to the groups on the ground. A little confusion on the saturday (dress rehearsal :D ) but the sunday was nigh on perfect.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

They were intended as being tongue in cheek but seem to have ruffled feathers.
Bitching at you again? I prefer to say correcting an inaccuracy?
I too felt this needed clarifying in the open.
Darkattitude

Post by Darkattitude »

Fantastic show and thanks to all who made this the best reenactors show of the year. Pyro's were immense but what else would you expect from the AFRA Pyro......maniacs! :lol:

Paul, you know the feelings mutual mate, anything you need just say the word!
Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?

Normandy44 Re-enactment Association

http://www.N44.co.uk
deviouswolf

Post by deviouswolf »

As a photographer who attends alot of events across the country I would like to congratulate all of you for a great display, This was my first time at Cosby and I have to say I'm amazed, Great show.
I must again thank Paul for permission for access on the Sunday, I am still post processing all the images which I will put on

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34645666@N ... 146778321/ Some pictures in that set and will update more when I can

great show and thanks to all.
deviouswolf

Post by deviouswolf »

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Nicely put together apart from the footage of the little cock's mortar platoon...... He wasn't in the battle and isn't likely to be.

Some good shots of participants though - REAL TEAM PLAYERS.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I don't care - I'm gonna spill the beans - Next year the crashed U Boat will be the star draw!!!!!

Return to “UK reenactment and events”