mass training event

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
dieter

mass training event

Post by dieter »

hi all

have had this idea running through my head for a while know.
could we (i.e all axis groups) hold a mass training event. were we could fine tune weapons handling, tactics, dril (both weapons and foot)l etc
there are thing that would be to arranged so it leaves qustions like

who will organise it
who will the give the actual training
where will it be held
when will it be held

t name just a few of the obviouse ones

like i say it is just an idea
over to the masses
ein volk, ein reich, ein ME????

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
65ste nachrichtan abteilung / 85ste Gebirgsjager regt
(aka Scott Davies, aka oi you! yeah you!)
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

This idea has been bounded about this winter mate.

who does the training? We all do one group can give weapons training, one group can train drill another field crafts, another tacitics etc.

where to hold it there is land avialable for training weekends more than there is for "private Battles"

Who organises it whop ever why not yourself?

When will it be held? This may be a problem as sometimes not all group can make certain dates plus also the site mayu not be aviable at certain times of the year.

IMHO i think training weekends may be the new "private events"
For one they can be cheaper, youre still getting together with the guys and dressing up but the only difference is that your not firing a gun and is that that important?
dieter

Post by dieter »

This idea has been bounded about this winter mate.

who does the training? We all do one group can give weapons training, one group can train drill another field crafts, another tacitics etc.

yep that was what i had in mind. sort of like a convayor belt. as one group moves on to another section another takes it's place

where to hold it there is land avialable for training weekends more than there is for "private Battles"

i didn't now that, but i would say it would have to be somewhere with pretty veried terain, flat ground for drill etc, open spaces/woodland for field tactics.

Who organises it whop ever why not yourself?

i would like to. but i haven't the first clue on how to organise an event.
and we want it to be a sucsess :)

When will it be held? This may be a problem as sometimes not all group can make certain dates plus also the site mayu not be aviable at certain times of the year.

to true, IMHO i recon just before the begining or just after the end of the season prehaps february or october time

IMHO i think training weekends may be the new "private events"
For one they can be cheaper, youre still getting together with the guys and dressing up but the only difference is that your not firing a gun and is that that important?

again i agree mate. IMHO firing is not the most important. but each to there own. i think if done properly they could be both fun (which after all is what we all want out of the hobby) and dare i say educational (god i sound like my taecher)

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

I think it will be a case of watch this space and IMHO this type of event will happen shortly.

I new fresh appraoch to the hobby that can coincide with the living history events that pete skillman puts on.
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

This type of event has allready been organised by a few groups working together to 'Share the wealth', as john says, watch this space!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

We are holding one Mid March and it incorporates a film shoot....

AFRA is giving a weapons cadre - held by a current qualified small arms instructor.

Das Reich is offering a small unit tactics course

FJR2 is offering Drill....

I have a piece of land which should be coming on stream where we can do all sorts of lovely stuff including blowing things up etc.

Problems arise when one bunch says "We ain't doing as *****Says - Who the F*** does he/she think he/she is"

Another problem is - When giving the training - another group or individual pipes up -"That's wrong..." or " don't do it like that".... My answer to that particular one is - Why aren't you giving the course then....

It comes back down to standards and Paul Bellamy's pearl of wisdom

"Standards are like toothbrushes - Everyone needs them but on one wants to use yours."

I'll set you up a training weekend - October. For between 40 and 60 people.
I'll provide the land, the instructors, the content and the syllabus. I'll provide written course materials and I'll provide a certificate at the end of it if you want....
I'll set the content around:
Safe weapons handling and firearms awareness.
Basic pyrotechnic safety.
Basic infantry equipment and uniform.
Basic and intermediate Drill and Commands
Basic Small Unit Field Tactics German Army 39-45 style.
Basic fitness

I can even provide classroom environments if required.

Arrive Friday evening, pitch camp.
Saturday Morning parade and roll call - Disperse for first lectures.
lunchtime mess in and eat a period meal in the dining shelter provided
Afternoon commence lectures/exercises.
Saturday Evening - BBQ - BYOB

Sunday Morning Parade put into practice basic drill.
Commence lectures and a small unit movement exercise.....
prelunch - classroom written test - issue certificates.
Lunchtime - pack up and disperse....

Cost.... between £30 and £50 a head........ ball park figure.

Any takers or do you just wanna use the format and syllabus above?

feel free - I'll attend your course.

Now - What qualifies me to set this up?
Who the dicky mint am I to instruct you lot?
How many will firmly commit to this?
What do we get out of it?
What good is it in the end?

Answers on a postcard please.....

PS - serious offer - if groups want to take this forward - contact me off forum.... If I get firm numbers and good commitment I'll set it up and run it.
Salerno43

Post by Salerno43 »

Personally i think it's a great idea Paul, I'd be a willing participant.

I hope it happens.
Richk98

Post by Richk98 »

I hope it happens.
I'll 2nd that!
Rich
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Count me and Fjr2 in, well u knew that allready!
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

Well Paul,

You know my feelings about this from Waffens forum.

I will offer you my support and help in anyway I can.

Steve
dieter

Post by dieter »

i'll say, sound s great paul

i would be interested

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
Pete Skillman

Training event

Post by Pete Skillman »

Mmm, not trying to piss anyones parade as its a great idea to get loads of groups together a talk never mind train together!, but October would probably be the time I would organise a Pip Pk event, I am think Italian front in the valley dug in static Pos facing one another across the divide., as it is normally a 30 hour job Oct would suit better than Nov, as we know!! At the training event would you all be retiring to the Pub Sat night at your training weekend?, coz if so it would not matter so much if moved to the late Oct/Nov and I try and book 1st weekend Oct, any good?? Dont get upset as you mentioned it first Ill not do it if it ~ucks up what your trying to do. cheers Pete
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

The SBG usually organise at least one or two training weekends each year, usually in the Spring and Autumn.

The things we go through have all been mentioned above, but mainly drill and parades, correct wearing of kit, field craft, battle tactics, German combat instructions and firearms legislation/usage/safety, etc.

I can't stress enough that as many of your members as possible should attend organised training weekends. It's the difference between having a well oiled machine or a rusty one.

Here are some pics from our training weekends down the years:-

(All photo's taken by Andy Colborn.)
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Pete
If this idea takes shape I'll certainly work with you to avoid a clashing date.....

There will be no retirement to hostelry as there isn't one for miles!!!

I could also look at putting you onto this venue if it works out for you to do a similar Allied thing......

As Schafer says - the difference between a rusty and a well oiled machine is this type of gig......
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Yep agreed, You let me know what dates you go for when you can and Ill make sure what I do does not interfere, dont want start another 15 yrs of inter group grief!! Ha Ha, cheers Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”