Churnet Valley

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
emma.b

Churnet Valley

Post by emma.b »

Come on then guys who is writing the report for churnet valley......we have a couple of new lads that could do it!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Let me know then it can go on here

Emma
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

You got the hint then mate.........you have loads of spare time mate.

thanks

emma
Kurt Hartman

Post by Kurt Hartman »

Churnet valley railway.

Great setting for a great weekend, weather Saturday bearable Sunday was fantastic.

All started well with everyone mucking in and getting kit out for display and helping each other with their personal gear, zeltbahn`s up and blowing in the wind and then onto Drill everybody seemed to gell as a unit there which i thought was a good start to what was an enjoyable day.

On and off the platform, up and down the platform watching the trains, people and the world go by. Camera`s everywhere and people asking the usual question "where do you get your gear " out came the cato :D .

A good session for some on the evening (drying out :( ) not so for others overdoing it :wink: . who was the moth in the window ?

Sunday much the same except drill, better weather , change of display area and zeltbahn`s.
Plenty of people about, more German spoken and a few deserters around more and more pictures taken.

all in all was a good weekend for me as first one in a long time . will be at as many as i can get to in future.

just waiting now for some more piccis posted :D .

cheers all Kev
Fraulin Lippe

Churnet Valley Railway

Post by Fraulin Lippe »

Hello and many thanks to everybody that made last weekend such a wonderful time for both myself and my carers. We couldn't have been made more welcome :D . I haven't been away to an event since last year at Dean Forest and to be honest was quite missing the getting away from the hum drum of my normal routine. Anyway I thought you may like my take on last weekend.
I knew there was something a foot on thursday when not only the lounge, but both bedroom floors slowly disappeared under enormous amounts of green, grey, black and blue kit (all my primary carers fault he can't always make his mind up). Anyway, by friday I knew it was getting serious as the air was blue( said he should have labelled the boxes better). My secondary carer turned up and it got quite exciting, I've never seen a car packed so tightly :o and must admit I was whinging a little as I was terrified they'd forget me :cry: . No big probs they didn't, but I didn't get my usual run down by the river and the check out of the territory, not too bad though as I did have a nice nest of 2 sleeping bags to travel on.
Sorry, back to the journey, I started getting a bit miffed when it took over an hour, but decided to keep sort of quite and not moan too much, because I am a good girl. Got to the venue at last after some rather hairy manouvres (when they weren't paying proper attention to the directions,)and Emma that last lane is a little bit more than slightly bumpy my dear :!:
It is such a beautiful place to visit and I did enjoy my own version of hop scotch up the track to the pub(promise not to do it again though). Would have loved to have joined you in the pub, but you all know the score there, thanks to all who did venture out to see us. After half an hour it was decided to go back to the station and put up the tent. I was getting right chilly by then and was hoping for a lovely snooze. To bed reasonably early for me and the carers on the friday night do hope nobody minded too much, but they are getting old now!
Saturday morning was a lovely day and decided to take a quick trot round and ease the bladder when all of a sudden I turned round and tent had gone, not fair I thought. As compensation there were quite a few people I needed to say morning to so duly made my early morning greetings. Kettles on early (always a good sign :D ), but where was my toast :( !
The day progressed gently and I do think the lads made a lovely job of their drill having not so much practise over the winter. Was well impressed by the people who were doing the catering on our station, they all seemed to like me loads :D . People came and people went on trains all day and I was well looked after, but that zelhtbahn was a bit drafty :cry: . Got a lovely tea from the caters :wink: and tried to get more from the carers, but didn't do to well there. Was getting tired by the evening, but there was still people to see and I didn't want to miss anything. Another not too late night as my carers are getting old. Would have loved to have stayed up later by the fire, but maybe next time.
Sunday morning was another not too late start, but some people were a little delicate. Still managed to have a good mooch around and met loads of new people who all thought the whole thing was great. Got to have a lovely snooze mid-morning back in the lovely warm car, and boy did I need it. I must say it was lovely to get back to see you all later though. I was really glad everybody helped to put everything away together at least we could all get home not too late.
I was glad to get home but, am really looking forward to seeing you all again at the next event.
Many thanks
Fraulin Lippe
Kurt Hartman

Post by Kurt Hartman »

woof
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

Ahhhh what a lovely story..... :lol:

Thanks for everyones input in putting thr time in to write up these articles....means alot to us.

Emma
Last edited by emma.b on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Hartman

Post by Kurt Hartman »

come on neil must be your turn :D
emma.b

Post by emma.b »

Cheers neil, this is the best response there has ever been to reports being submitted for one show. Thanks to everyone!!!!!
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

well done everybody its nice to see you all enjoyed it ...........WE must be doing something right :D
Rich
Coming Soon..........

Return to “UK reenactment and events”