New Multi-period event, south of England

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Pug42

Re: New Multi-period event, south of England

Post by Pug42 »

I would like to add on behalf of Sturmpanzer et al a big thank you to all the guys and gals of Frau and Das Reich who worked so hard to prepare and cook the meals for all the reenactors all weekend! Very much appreciated!

A superb event, glorious location and a very very interested and appreciative public make this one for next year's diary!!

Chatting to Dan Snow was a bonus, but dammit I missed seeing Joanna Lumley...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

What a superb show!
Where to start?
Great venue with 100% interested ans appreciative public - not a 'whats the waffen ss doing here' question in sight.
Groups from all areas and periods.
100 plus reenactors being fed some seriously good chow from a real german field kitchen.
And to top it off the beer tent rocked!
This is one of the best events ive displayed at. Very proud to be a member of das reich.
Serious kudos to dave spelling for pulling this off with style and aplomb.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Kind words but everyone who attended were superb, everyone played their part in washing away the Allied/Axis them and us situation. Solid friendships have been made between individuals and groups that have never spoken before. If Das Reich/Frau have helped with that then we are proud to create a benchmark that I hope will continue and spread throughout our hobby.

Dave
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

I would love to attend next year, but please don't arrange it on the same day as Tankefest. :)
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Halle

Post by Halle »

I'd love to come too , just down the road from me , looks a great show !
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

just add my thanks to Dave and all members of Das Reich for allowing me to part of their display, absolutely brilliant show and certainly a benchmark for other shows. great food, nice to mix with all re enactors, very friendly show with everyone helping out. Again thanks, i was supposed to be going to Tank Fest, glad i didnt.
note i have someone's portable cooker in a black plastic box, email or pm me if its yours.
pepperpot
(graham)
hanser

Post by hanser »

To View pictures of the event

https://www.facebook.com/groups/389912447787693/

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Dust settled a bit now, The event are possibly requiring some rather special attractions for next year. Because of this I will be starting to arrange things very early this time. Please look out in the next month or so for a new thread `CHALKE VALLEY 2014` if the ideas turn into realism then form an orderly queue....

Dave
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hanser wrote:Dust settled a bit now, The event are possibly requiring some rather special attractions for next year. Because of this I will be starting to arrange things very early this time. Please look out in the next month or so for a new thread `CHALKE VALLEY 2014` if the ideas turn into realism then form an orderly queue....

Dave
dave i got a high profile name for that other project next year dave... work on james for the approval ..wink wink
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
hanser

Post by hanser »

les hearn wrote:
hanser wrote:Dust settled a bit now, The event are possibly requiring some rather special attractions for next year. Because of this I will be starting to arrange things very early this time. Please look out in the next month or so for a new thread `CHALKE VALLEY 2014` if the ideas turn into realism then form an orderly queue....

Dave
dave i got a high profile name for that other project next year dave... work on james for the approval ..wink wink

We`ll have a chat on the phone very soon or if you`re coming to war and peace we`ll have beer and talk bollocks for a few hours. Thanks for your support yet again, our second year of major success and long may it continue. I`m just looking forward to the attractions being confirmed 100% and see our WW2 community go wild....
hanser

Post by hanser »

In the spirit of re-enacting and appreciation for the members of the Armed Services, Some of the money from this event will be sent to The Royal British Legion and Help for Heroes. One group who offered their `earnings` has inspired me to add to their kind donation as a sign of respect and gratitude to our past and present Heroes. I will not mention the group by name but you know who you are and you have my ultimate respect.

Roll on Chalke Valley 2014.....

Dave
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Blinder of an event Dave. I can only add my comments to yours, that anyone who wants an good fun event with none of the customary pressure should put their names down for 2014. It's like Detling used to be before Gary Howard nickel-and-dimed all the fun out of it.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”