New Multi-period event, south of England

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
nelz

Re: New Multi-period event, south of England

Post by nelz »

Putting on an event is a tall order , from experience I know ! ...... so well done Dave and your team , and great so many groups / individuals are supporting this show.

Wishing you continued success , I am sure it will be fantastic and very memorable ..., have a great time one and all ,.......

from myself and all the YWE event team.

The Yorkshire Wartime Experience http://www.ywe-event.info/
yorkshirewartimeexperience@live.com
elitemilitaria@live.co.uk
Mobile : 07413-707121
hanser

Post by hanser »

nelz wrote:Putting on an event is a tall order , from experience I know ! ...... so well done Dave and your team , and great so many groups / individuals are supporting this show.

Wishing you continued success , I am sure it will be fantastic and very memorable ..., have a great time one and all ,.......

from myself and all the YWE event team.
Nelz, kind words indeed, when we take on these projects we can only hope for re-enactor support, good weather and lots of public. I have 2 out of 3 at the moment, just hope the weather is kind to us.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Please give the website a look to see whats going to happen on a day by day basis.

cvhf.org.uk
hanser

Post by hanser »

Addition information regarding food.
We will be cooking and supplying food at the following times and days.

Saturday. Breakfast, Lunch, Evening meal

Sunday, Breakfast, lunch.

If you are arriving friday or staying the sunday night then please take into consideration that you will have to feed yourselves. Don`t want anyone starving at the event. Obviously any food left over after the event can be passed over to the people staying on the sunday night.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

WARNING ORDERS FROM THE ORGANISERS

Chalke Valley History Festival

EVENT ADDRESS: Eden Field, Manor Farm, Ebbesbourne Wake, Wiltshire, SP5 5JH.
(Site location on website - http://www.cvhf.org.uk/travel)

PARTICIPANTS INFORMATION (June 29th to 30th 2013)
PLEASE NOTE – NO DOGS ALLOWED (Sorry)

Setting up & Taking down
All Groups or individuals who book into the Event may arrive from 10:00hrs on Friday June 28th , or from 06:00hrs on Saturday 29th June. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER UNLESS ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN AGREED, as we cannot allow access to the site until this time. Please ensure you have finished setting up by 08:00hrs Saturday morning promptly, as the Event opens to visitors at 09:00hrs on both Saturday & Sunday.
Please ensure vehicles are parked in designated area from 08:00hrs on Saturday morning.
Please ensure you arrive in time to off load and set up the bulk of your Living History equipment before these times.
There will be no dismantling of display, or removal from the site before 18:00hrs Saturday or Sunday. We understand that you all want to pack up as soon as possible on the last day of the show, but customers have paid to see everything, and we have paying customers arriving during the last hour of the Event. Please note, although the Living History encampments finish at 18:00hrs, the rest of the site remains open (WITH SEMINARS) until 22:00hrs – so follow security instructions for vehicle movements.
Any visitors for participants during the show need to be directed to the main Event entrance where they will be directed to park in the holding area, and the person to report via the Entry point to the Pike And Shot Control Office. A message will then be sent for the Group concerned to come to the Office. ON NO ACCOUNT will visitors be allowed to be brought into the Event by vehicle during public opening hours.

Public Liability Insurance
You will need to have your own or be part of a Group Insurance and enclose a valid a copy with your returned Contract. Please either e-mail a copy to the Pike And Shot Event address at “events@paste.org.uk”, or post to “Pike & Shot Events Limited, 8 Trinity Street, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 8TW.

Participant Parking
Once unloaded, you will be allowed to park in the allocated parking area in the modern campsite. WE CAN ALLOW sleeping in your vehicles overnight or in tents on our modern campsite, or in your Living History site tent, of course

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please bring a copy of your PLI to the event in case I need to show it to the organisers. If you have live firing weapons then bring a copy of your section 1 FAC.
If you are running late then go to the re-enactors car park and walk over to our display, we will then help bring over your equipment. This will cost you lots of cigarettes and beer so best be on time.
Lastly don`t bring your dog, Fido is not allowed at all. My dogs are kennelled for the weekend.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Menu for Chalke Valley.

Saturday breakfast....bacon egg beans and bread
Saturday lunch......cold buffet
Saturday evening.......Sausage casserole with bread
Sunday Breakfast........Bacon egg beans and bread.
Sunday lunch.......Pea and Ham Soup or Vegetable soup with bread (for fussy buggers) please let us know if you DON`T want Pea and ham option.

Friday and sunday evening is fend for yourselves, the field kitchen has to be cleaned and cooled.

cheers Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

PAYMENTS

I have been asked a question regarding payment for the event. This is how it worked last year...
After the event We (Das Reich) invoiced the organiser and about a month later we received a cheque. Once this cheque clears we pay everyone on receipt of some kind of invoice from yourselves. You can invoice collectively or Individually. It would be better if groups sent one invoice. I am paying only the people who I have booked for the event, anyone booked separately by the main organisers are not coming out of my budget. Payment relies on people staying the whole weekend as per the warning orders.

Do not worry about any kind of contract that's something I will deal with.

All the food is coming out of the budget and as I have let everyone know what ever is left is equally shared with the people I have booked. It may only be £20 a person but its better that what we normally get. If a group of 5 turn up that's £100 to the groups fighting fund. And you get fed all weekend.

Dave
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

dave not sure if i said earlier
but jon melly is camping with me at the weekend ...hes doing handshar on sat and godbotherer on sunday ....
hope its ok ..as i dont know of any other reenactor doing them impresions that weekend..we will arive on friday night god permitting lol
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
hanser

Post by hanser »

les hearn wrote:dave not sure if i said earlier
but jon melly is camping with me at the weekend ...hes doing handshar on sat and godbotherer on sunday ....
hope its ok ..as i dont know of any other reenactor doing them impresions that weekend..we will arive on friday night god permitting lol
That's great Les, ding dong...
Are you bringing your radio kit? could do with it if you can.

Cheers Dave
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hanser wrote:

Cheers Dave
yes radios coming with enigma .......
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
hanser

Post by hanser »

les hearn wrote:
hanser wrote:

Cheers Dave
yes radios coming with enigma .......
Ding ding dong.....
hanser

Post by hanser »

The organisers have asked if we would like to put a `for sale` area within our display. If you have any WW2 kit you want to sell then tag it with your initials, group and the price and we can put it on the stall. No commission or anything daft like that. We`ll have a guy or two rotating looking after it all.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Last minute packing and loading the car, I will be out of contact totally as from tomorrow (Thursday) 5pm onwards (no signal in the valley). I look forward to seeing you all at the event and the weather looks good.

Dave
gottmituns205

Post by gottmituns205 »

If you missed this show...you seriously missed out. Just wait until the photos start surfacing...Dave here owned it and next year is already shining like a diamond in the hot sun!
hanser

Post by hanser »

6 months putting this together and well worth every second. I would like to thank my brothers and sisters in Das Reich/Frau for their amazing work ethic and support, guys I could not have done this with out you all.
I said over the weekend to a few people that although I did not personally know a large percentage of the re-enactors that gave their support to this event before the show, I could not have hand picked a better bunch. We kicked arse and took names, EVERYONE was top of their game and solid lasting friendships were made between Allied and Axis re-enactors. I was trying to set a benchmark of how living history should be and I think you will all agree it just worked...
I humbly thank you all for everything you have done to make this the highlight of my re-enacting career. My feet are knackered from all the walking making sure everyone was having a great time, I did not hear a single negative all weekend so I`m hoping I did my job.
As far as I`m concerned you are All welcome to join the fun again next year and I cannot thank you enough.
Roll on Chalke Valley 2014.....

Dave

Return to “UK reenactment and events”