Pippingford Park Private Tactical 20tH/21ST APRIL 2013

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
jlmod

Re: Pippingford Park Private Tactical 20tH/21ST APRIL 2013

Post by jlmod »

there aren't enough private battles 'full stop' in uk. Especially midlands upwards!! shame - i'd do em if they were planned.
John
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi John,
Unfortunately, Private Battles that once occurred every 6 weeks when i started the hobby had by late 90s SBG held the ground against ever increasing Public show season- ( scurge of the hobby for me, trench/fox hole 6ft in fromt of a pup/Zelt tent 40ft in front of the Beer tent is NOT ww2 living history, for some... it is and increasingly so!.) virtually disapeared, hence why I started up what we do at Pip Pk...there is a need for more I agree...so go to it.
we have people flying in from Finland and travelling down from Scotland (Home of the Brave) er em.... :?
plenty are travelling down to the event from Ooop North like..

Concerning directions for Pip, GD Recon are attending for the first time,Welcome to the fold.... ... so here are diections for you and others who are losing their memory..

http://www.night-nav.co.uk/pippingford_ ... d_map.html

Head down the A22 south of East Grinstead...go through Forest Row...past the Llama farm on your left...MISS the first signed entrance to Pip Pk which is a very sharp left turn......another 100 m and there is another turning on your left much easier to slow down to and turn left,( be wary as motors MOTOR along this road and many accidents occur, so indicate plenty of time)...turn up into this small lane, head to the BIG oak tree that you will see in front...as you get here the Pippingford Park Manor House is in front of you you should turn hard right on to a rough track road...100m you will come to HUT D where Oxlade will be and please park your car SENSIBLY off the road, keeping semblance of order .
IF you clic the link, where it is written LIMEKILN WOODS on the map just to the right is where the HUT D is, in the clearing.
The event will end ex 14.30hrs on Sunday
Please try to arrive Friday from 16.30hrs (NO SOONER) Oxlade will be up and running by 18.00hrs till 23.00hrs...to register..
(if you have not used Oxlade before youll need ID proof..passport/Driving licence and proof of address.) and no later Saturday 08.30hrs....we will need to let the Axis troops gear up and get gone first to their allotted areas..
We do have to hand back weaps at 18.30hrs Saturday...and he will be up again at 06.00hrs Sunday to get them..absolutely nothing I can do about you having to walk to and from the HUT. wherever I put him we have to get to.
There is a water point at hut D and toilet, well some call it that..never used it myself!!...
Last year the cars migrated all over the place, not anyones fault...just happens...so this year back to HUT D where it all started 2004!!!.
I have no fascilities to take rubbish home with me, I have a wheelie bin at home and thats it......so you bring it, you take it away with you please...seen blokes seripticiously drop a plastic bag and hurry away, when I shouted "Oh!... wtf am I supposed to do with that" the look of shock!..so please be sensible and bring rubbish bags ..also ammo crates...dont drop white 9mm boxes on the wood floor, bury it or put it in your pocket..
Regards Pete
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Pete,
sorry you link doesnt work. the post code is TN22 3HW
link
http://www.britishpostcodes.info/postcode/TN22-3HW
cut and paste this link
on the map are two places, west wood and limekiln wood and a big RED arrow, zoom in on the A22 and you will see there is a small lay by on the main A22 this is a 50+ speed limit so the traffic hacks through here, this is the entrance. when you get into PP take the first right, part road, balance unmade road, go up about 400M and you will see the site hut. If someone can tell me how to download pics i can show the entrance.
From the north, there is a sign saying pp, ignore it but start to slow down as you gown the hill, the entrance is about 300m on the left.
his is a clearer map, cut and paste
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=54 ... hp=ids.srf
and zoom in to the A22

graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

i neede a neu spelll checker111
grahanm
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Foook me, that worked alright when I posted it up...wtf?...anyway
thans forr snoring it Grahanm
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

icu use the same spelcheker.
graham
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi,
Need help..
Pip Pk..I need to get hold of A1 or A2 size maps of the original A4 I have of the area.., anyone work in a mapping office or some such area that can enlarge a map for me?..
kiss and a hug with a crate of piss...as a thank you...3 or 4 copies ?.
OR any idea where I can get same such thing done...
Ta Pete.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

The ARC (Food) people have received 45 orders for the Saturday evening/Sun AM food...if you have not already let Ian know that you want food do so ASAP please as he has to work out how much chicken to order up...The ARC vehicle will be situated near where the Field Hospital/My HQ ..he reports that N44 and the French group are the only ones so far to make known to him they want food...dont expect to be fed on the weekend if you dont let them know?. isbottomley@btinternet.com

Ian is also offering to bring his GMC to ferry troops back to the HUT D Saturday evening (Oxlade)...he has stated its £98.00 to get it to PIP PK and back...and the driver will help out at the ARC...I suggest that £1.00 per man to go to him to cover the petrol?.., if not for you?.... U R welcome to walk it.personnely I think this adds yet another great ingredient to the event as a whole?.

ARC will set up Friday night near HUT D and do food/drinks...no idea what...he is bringing a Brazier as well and some ww2 films for Sat night for those who want to watch them etc...I am sure we can get the GMC to go back during the afternoon with some helpers and get the bedrolls/pup tents ...I know some were thinking of staying at HUT D over night but hopefully you feel this will make it better if you stay on site with the rest of us instead of the car park!!...?..
Saturday AM I need to get the Axis troops away first...to their allotted positions..Can all who arrive Friday make sure that they do not come on site till after 16.30hrs please....anyone who has not booked with oxlade before needs to contact him ASAP and sort it..he will put you to the back of the que at the event to deal quicker with those who have sorted, Pete
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Anyone have low boots or fj boots requiring hobnails?(currently only have a short shoe last, I am working on borrowing a longer shafted one at the moment for doing jackboots)

I've got a supply of original hobnails, and will supply and fit them Friday night, and possibly early Saturday. At a cost obviously - I won't be accepting beer as payment, as the cash is going towards my fuel to get me home! ;)
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Just heard that the GMC that was coming has pulled, no worries...we will walk it...as Infantry rtended to do...Oxlade is at HUT D and we will be a good two mile away by end ex on the Saturday...great way to keep fit.... eh!.
All attending be on notice that the Club mobile are doing a saturday evening meal and Sunday AM breakfast...so bring you irons with you...NO PAPER plates!.
Oxlade has some smokes...NO Home made devices and no grenades of any type please just not worth the risk to people....Mark Almond and his Pyro team will be doing set pieces for me through out the event...
All NCOs please make sure you have paper pad/Pencil and MAP of area...PM me if not and Ill sort..
Everyone is responsible for their own refuse...DONT leave it for me take it home with you!..
Especially the 9mm Oxlade white ammo boxes...bury them or take em home...dont leave at the foot of a tree...!!..Fill in all fox holes and trenchs dug, I will be doing the rounds Sunday post event and I know where what groups were where.
NO ONE on site before 16.30hrs please ..NO test firing...as you like to do...shooting times are 07.00hrs to 23.00hrs.. only..Sat to Sunday.
Pete
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Well... I saw the newspaper weather report headlines "1 months rain in a week coming!!
...but on investigation ...seems god is going to smile upon us again this year as he did last..., Seems next Frid/Sat and Sunday are going to be beach weather!..
http://www.weather-forecast.com/locatio ... sts/latest

Better bring your rain coats/capes just in case though eh!.
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Had a great weekend, thanks to Pete and all those involved. It was good to get the old TK boys out together for a bit of extreme rambling. Manny, If you want to get in touch with Mr. Lever? PM me your number and I'll pass it on. Gary. October ????????
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

I'm in touch with him via Faceache, cheers!

If you are talking to him soon, mention me. I can use that as the 'ice breaker' so-to-speak... :wink:

Cheers

Manny
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Will do

Return to “UK reenactment and events”