Cosby Victory Show 2012

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
carvillan

Cosby Victory Show 2012

Post by carvillan »

Hi guys,

Just like to say a big thank you to all those who took part in the Victory show this year. Me and my family thoroughly enjoyed the battle (although the Germans lost again! :( ).

Well done to the Sturmpanzer group who certainly know how to throw their vehicles around the field. Seeing the Stugs (Heidi and Helga) burst through the hedgerow was pretty special. Hope the finger gets well soon John and thanks to Big H. Keep up the good work!

Carvillan
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
grenadier Biermann

Re: Cosby Victory Show 2012

Post by grenadier Biermann »

Fantastic event had really beautiful day today and met loads of fantastic people and friends Thanks Joe,Garry,Nick,Dave and twins for your company :wink: :D
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
Herr_Pete

Post by Herr_Pete »

First time at the Victory show and I loved every minute of it. Thanks everyone for a fantastic show!!!
Kampfgruppe Schottland Pz Lehr rgt 901
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

superb event and a great battle second day

If only we can get the Allies to realise you're not surving 50 rounds from an MG42 at 30 feet away and just die!
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Could say the same for germans surviving HE tank rounds that go off 5m away from them ;)
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

BaggyPants wrote:Could say the same for germans surviving HE tank rounds that go off 5m away from them ;)
That is very true Baggy ....but at least we all die / surrender in the end........well 99% of us is the grenadier from Saturday still firing from his trench? :)

in the end the public loved it and thats who its put on for.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I was tripping over American dead walking down the field.
I have to say, walking down that field you have no idea who is shooting at what, it's a cacophony of noise and a blurring, shifting image of flashes, smoke, armour and troops.
I want to say thanks to all the vehicle owners who let us fix pyro to their much loved possessions. I think we did 13 vehicles this year.
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

Id like to say the Pyro team did an awesome job
cant beat feeling the ground shake when those charges go off
ringer

Post by ringer »

Just like to say a big thanks to Baggy ,Stig and the rest of the pyro team plus everyone that contributed to the magnificent spectacular of the battles, ... always nice to get completely showered in debris and bits of field.

p.s REALLY slim chance but if anyone did come across an Ali MP40 resting bar over to the right of the field .....I know where it lives :wink:
wtac

Post by wtac »

Glad you like the stugs coming through the hedges, we aim to please and Big h who owns and builds them loves us to show what these replicas can do. I was driving Helga (the one with the jerry can rack) and we are Sturmpanzer.
carvillan

Post by carvillan »

I know john, I spoke to you yesterday (the guy with blue and yellow shirt). Your gonna think I'm stalking you what with this forum and youtube comments. I'm just really interested in what you guys do and (if the wife lets me :) ) would like to get involved somehow.

P.s. Does Sturmpanzer have its own website and forum??
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Great show, mavellous pyros gents and the airshow was worth the trip alone :D

Regards Pipes
wilhelm 222

Post by wilhelm 222 »

brilliant show , good battle , great weekend. this is a long shot but did anyone find panzer assualt badge in silver on the battle field or on the exit on the sunday.
otto ziegler

Post by otto ziegler »

agreed great show ,great battle, thanks to the normandy 44 tent for the friday night after party! was brilliant. (any one elses ears still ringing?)
2Kp Pzr Gren Rgt Groβdeutschland
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Hasd a great weekend, it was a cool combination of things ( something for everyone). Great to see all the kameraden from Axis 44, Joe, Al and Sam from GDFG and Pav. Special thanks to Graham for the lift and the loan of the MP38 and Jess for the ride home. To all those who helped make the event happen and all those who went to do thier best and have fun doing it, I salute you

Return to “UK reenactment and events”