Emergency call for help

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
hanser

Emergency call for help

Post by hanser »

Chalke Valley History Festival
WE URGENTLY need a number of British, American and German Living History enthusiasts to portray units in the field at this extremely high profile event (WEBSITE http://www.cvhf.org.uk)
Originally we had booked a group to provide the units, but due to several last minute Society problems, we find ourselves without the required displays.
If anyone can make this Event, we have travel expenses available
DATE - June 30th - July 1st 2012 (Yes - 2 weeks time!)
LOCATION - Eden Field, Manor Farm, Ebbesbourne Wake, near Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 5JH
TIME - SATURDAY/SUNDAY 10:00 - 18:00hrs

SPECIFIC DISPLAY TIMES - SATURDAY 11:00 - 13:00 (Kit seminar and display)
SATURDAY 13:00 - 14:30 (WW2 Weapons demonstration)
LIVING HISTORY ENCAMPMENT - Both Days 10:00 - 18:00

The event is a well publicised Literary Festival with an added Living History Event with the following Time Periods taking part: Gladiatorial Combat (Deeds of Arms), Hundred Years War (Paladins of Chivalry), English Civil War (17th Century Life & Times), Napoleonic Wars (Napoleonic Association, Crown & Empire, & Independent Units), WW1 (10th Essex, 1914-18 Warwickshires, Essex Yeomanry, The Rifles), and of course - WW2!

Please get in touch if you are interested in being a part of this show.
Regards, Dave Allan - Pike & Shot Events Limited
Tel - 07771 824495 - Direct e-mail - events@paste.org.uk

Dave the organiser has been let down badly. we are trying to help.
I have been trying to put together a mixed Allied/Axis Display together for this event. Obviously because there is a weapons demonstration as part of it we will need live firing, blank firing and gas powered weapons.

weapons available so far:
Sten, mp40, k98, nagant, ppsh41, mg34, FG42 plus various german pistols. We really need British and American weapons plus bods in uniforms.
Looking for all american uniforms and all types of British. I`m trying to get one of every uniform available to display. I would love to hear from the Italian and Japanese groups to complete the set. Like I said just one of two from each group with or without firing weapons.
If you do any ww2 impression please get in contact and we`ll fit you in.

WW2LHA.... if you are still attending could you let either the event or myself know what uniforms and weapons you will be attending with please.
If we all pull together then we can make the first Allied/Axis joint display made up of multiple groups.
Please PM me if you can help....

Dave
Das Reich
berlin1945

Re: Emergency call for help

Post by berlin1945 »

Best wishes in your event and I trust that others will answer your call for bodies on the ground many regards Mairtin.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
hanser

Post by hanser »

I fully realise that this event is very short notice but if you`re not busy please get in contact. we are heavy on german uniforms but I would like to see the following represented:

Kreigsmarine
Luftwaffe field Div
Panzer tank crew (no need for a tank)
Italian
Finnish

obviously no political uniforms but waffen SS are permitted. If you have an unusual SS impression I could use you there.

This event may turn out to be a national roadshow so even if you have prior commitments please consider the possibility of sending one member to represent your group/impression. I truly believe this could do re-enacting a lot of good taking into account the recent media witch hunt against us. Anyone who has an second Allied Impression would be more than welcome and their group recognised for the help.
Travelling Expenses are paid as well.

Pm me if you can help please.

Dave
Das Reich
hanser

Post by hanser »

To Everyone attending this event,
spoke to the organiser today and the expenses are paid with an invoice. If you can print an invoice for the mileage from home to the event and vice versa you will be paid 42p a mile. On the invoice just put `ATTENDING WW2 RE-ENACTMENT AT CHALKE VALLEY HISTORY EVENT` Plus your mileage per vehicle. Obviously if you share a vehicle there is only one lot of mileage etc etc. Bring the invoice with you and I`ll get it to Dave for payment.

Dave
352nd

Post by 352nd »

Hi Dave

I'll ask around for Lufty Field Division troops. I'm currently trying to build a FD group up but it won't be ready till 2013. I have FD kit but am not the country for this event so can't physically help. Hope all goes well for you.

Martin
Stabsgefreiter Martin Hetch-2nd Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung, Grossdeutschland.

GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Dave have put the feelers out with your contact numbers mate!!!!Hope all goes well dude!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
hanser

Post by hanser »

GRAUWULF wrote:Dave have put the feelers out with your contact numbers mate!!!!Hope all goes well dude!

Cheers Chris much appreciated..........

Return to “UK reenactment and events”