GUERNSEY 2012????

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Tiger1

GUERNSEY 2012????

Post by Tiger1 »

Hello everyone.
Pepperpot has been posting items for and now that i have an account i can post direct.
thank you pepperpot for all your help.

guernsey as you may know was occupied by the german army during the waras were all the other channel islands.
for the last 15 years various groups have been able to restore alot of the fortifications arround the island and have arranged accsess to them for visitors.
not so long ago it was the tenth aniversary of dollmann batterie ( yes we have had it open to the public longer than the occuping force) we held an open day to make this and 2 people came from the uk to help out and the day was a good one was it not?
well the gun pit will be open again this year and anyone interested in helping out in uniform will be welcome. i belive that the open day will be in august. i have asked for an open day between D-Day and Beltring, i will let you know asap.

there is limited space, it will be first come first ...blah blah blah....

I like to keep things as historicaly accurate as poss, remember this is a gun pit manned by army artillery NOT navy. so arty, inf and some navy uniformed chaps will be good,
military police will be confined to no more than 5 peeps ok as will paras. there were 90 german paras in guernsey but they were confined to the airport, that is until a group of them in late 44 early 45 stole a goat from an arty batt and then they were split up for a few weeks to man various areas arround the coast as punishment, eventhough there was no proof that they had taken the goat as all the evidence had been eaten.!!
So No elite units please.
there is a bunk room so 10 peeps could " live/sleep " in the gun pit.
anyone who wishes to come will have to arrange their own travel and accomadation, i can supply you wiyh contacts for various B&B's etc if you let me know in plenty of time.
thank you .
feel free to contact me with questions.
pepperpot

Re: GUERNSEY 2012????

Post by pepperpot »

there are too many events during August, Mik if you can try an arrange for this on the same date as last year, not alot going on then,
we are still up for going in july
graham
Tiger1

Post by Tiger1 »

i will be speaking to ian soon so i will see if i can bend his arm.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

A fab place to go I travel every year with my gear and visit the sites, people are great and love to take photos, best way to go is via Weymouth to island, or london by air, from the north of ireland no direct flights to Guernsey but can go to Jersey, a recommended and must place to go, oh and dont forget your passport as well, as St Malo is just a few hours away on the Condor ferries, might see you lads there this year as myself and a few friends are also heading there. one thing DEFO NO SS as you might get arrested and deported for ever.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach

Return to “UK reenactment and events”