Wartime in the vale, Evesham 23 June

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Reich Crispies

Wartime in the vale, Evesham 23 June

Post by Reich Crispies »

Just a heads up on this one.
They have decided not to allow W-SS re-enactors at the show.

Weve attended this a couple of times in the past, as have other W-SS groups such as KGSK, KP1 and others.
If any of these groups had this event on thier radar, dont waste your time applying
Das Reich could rebadge as Heer, but instead weve decided to give it a miss.

Cheers
Neil
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
barryG

Re: Wartime in the vale, Evesham 23 June

Post by barryG »

Oh shit, we did it last year along with KSK:(
ringer

Post by ringer »

a bit odd ad we`ve done this since 2009 :o

I`ll get Pete onto them to see whats suddenly changed.
hanser

Post by hanser »

I think we have served our purpose by getting the show on its feet and now they don`t need us...... personally its a right slap on the face as far as I`m concerned. Perhaps if all the german groups didn`t go the Allies could pretend to battle us? The decision is set in stone by the chairman of the show so any amount of reasoning will be useless. I personally will not beg to provide my spare time so someone can make money from it.

Dave
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Why the decision not to allow them?
hanser

Post by hanser »

No real reason has been given...............just a big fat NO......
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

The very least the organisers could do is offer a full and frank explanation for what amounts to an otherwise splineless and underhanded act. Our group were invited to this event and, I'm glad to say now, declined to attend.
hanser

Post by hanser »

grenmartens wrote:The very least the organisers could do is offer a full and frank explanation for what amounts to an otherwise splineless and underhanded act. Our group were invited to this event and, I'm glad to say now, declined to attend.
Thank you for your support you guys are great. The latest info is that some members of public and stall holders had a problem with ss (who the hell buys off the stall holders? we do. the public are more interested in the Axis than the allies most of the time)

However if the truth be told the new sponsers of this event are the MVT. I rest my case.......
Military vehicles are great but without re-enactors educating the public and taking part in battles........you have a lot of vehicles owned by people who have no idea about history.....Rant over I`m out of here before I say something I could regret.

Axis groups unite....one for all, all for one.

Dave
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

:twisted: Mindless Virulent Twonks :twisted:
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
meyer

Post by meyer »

Mindless Virulent Twonks
sorry andy you got it wrong mate ....... :?:
it stands for Mainly Vacuous Twats :evil:
peter clarke

Post by peter clarke »

Have spoken to the evesham people ref this------, the reasons for the ban are as follows,various complaints from the MVT,members of the public and some stall holders, has forced them to this ban, i said that its the ss re-enactors who help with this show,with bringing vehicles,blank firing weapons, and with the battle on both days, how is this going to work now, i do not think that they are happy with it but because of the numerous complaints they have had to act, thats it after going for 3 years !!! if i find out any more i will post on the forum.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Now Gentlemen lets be nice....f**k it..... you fill your boots guys ........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
hanser

Post by hanser »

To any group who has a hole in their re-enacting diary due to Evesham........Would anyone be interested in either a training weekend or private battle at the spanby site in licolnshire? I have already spoken to chris and all we need to arrange is how many. I would put it on the same weekend as Evesham. Approx cost for training would be £10 per person but would be nearer £20 ish for a private Battle? Please PM me if interested.

Dave
barryG

Post by barryG »

A right slap in the face then, cant believe this but great that GD have decided not to attend... we all appreciate the support. Over the last few years its been the SS groups that have really made this show, if they want us back in the future I hope we all tell them to sod off!

Dave, Jen and I are up for whatever you can replace this event with.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Prejudice - it never goes away does it........... They couldn't do it if you were black you know.....

Return to “UK reenactment and events”