The Poppy March 2012

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hannibal Brooks

The Poppy March 2012

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

Hi all, with Remembrence Weekend still fresh in the memory, I'd like to give you very advanced notice of a fundraising event happening in November 2012.

The Poppy March will be a fundraiser for the Royal British Legion. It will be a 2 day, 30 mile march, following the route of the Imber Range Perimeter Path on Salisbury Plain. The exact details are to be finalised, but if you ever needed an event to break in a new pair of boots, this could be it :) .

Police allowing, the march will be carried out in full kit with deacts. It will be open to all - both axis and allied. I will be liasing with the RBL and we will have to follow any requirements on uniform that they specifiy. I'm not sure yet what reaction there would be from them for participants wearing German uniform - has anyone had dealings with the RBL on the uniform situation?

This is a circular route, starting in Westbury or Warminster. The overnight will be in zelt tents and pup tents. You will have to be fully self sufficient.

PM me if you're interested. I'll update you with the full details nearer to the time.

HB.
Reich Crispies

Re: The Poppy March 2012

Post by Reich Crispies »

I'm not sure yet what reaction there would be from them for participants wearing German uniform - has anyone had dealings with the RBL on the uniform situation?
In my experience, they are glad of the support and help even if you are dressed as a Japanese Admiral :D
I will ask my lads, but I'm sure a few of us would be well up for it.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Botty

Post by Botty »

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/63EFCE20 ... yPlain.pdf

the Copehill down 'German village' looks interesting. Wonder if we could get access to that?
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
Hannibal Brooks

Hi all,
thanks for all the initial interest. Cope Hill Down village is conveniently enough at the half way stage, so you never know! The SBG organised an event there last year so there is a precident. The nearest vilage to the there, Chitterne, has an online newsletter (go to Chitterne.com) that lists all the exercises that are scheduled in and around the village. I think things are pretty busy on the Plain for obvious reasons. The Royal Marines are doing FIBUA training there soon. There's a big exercise going on on the Plain, with a large battle group of the Ghurkas and plenty of armour and air support.

So we may be lucky, but the neighbours could be a bit noisy :)
Hannibal Brooks

Hi all, due to various reasons, this event won't be happening this year. Thanks for your interest.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”