Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Pskillman

Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

Post by Pskillman »

With the healthey state of the British reenacting Private tactical scene so we dont clash with each others events I decided to grab next years dates from MOD,

In the past Pip Pk tacticals only used Pip Pk 3,4 and 5.
Next year I have asked for the whole site, this will now encompass Pip Pk 1 and 2....see map.
Pete
Pskillman

Re: Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

Post by Pskillman »

Pip Pk, 2012 we will have a massive new area to use, we have normally used only Pip Pk 3,4 and 5....now areas 1 and 2 are available.
New areas.... on right of river. See pic
I have booked the whole site for next April 21st and 22nd. We are to have sole use the whole weekend, no TA Sherpa white vans... .
There are 3 main weight bearing bridges cutting down the site, this is the front lines demarcation..., the two stone bridges can handle up to 50 T , the Bailey a poor effort at 10T...
I intend too invite armored vehicles along for this event, M8s/M5s and if possible M10s.
The scenario is again late war, April 45....Yank Infantry...The RED1 working along side the Rangers in conjunction with 102nd Cavalry.
British Paras/Inf contingent also be working together. Any recommendations to invite other groups of quality along please advise...and Ill look into them.
This event I would dearly like to try to enlarge the rear echelon areas to include a working German Field HQ, Comprising of
Comms tent/sani field hospital/MC outriders as couriers/HQ area and field kitchen.
Also on the Allied side.. Have a field hospital(shot go to to be processed) /comms and HQ including MC messengers. MPs/Field Kitchen and anything else that helps build up the look of the rear areas.
I intend to have 3 (maybe more)main pyro sessions which will include mortar battery fire precluding an infantry/armored attack.
Field guns battery fire onto targets ID by recon patrols on enemy held areas defending bridges and crossing points.
Unit COs will be required to gain Intel and pass back this info to HQ areas via runners/MC courier or radio.
Normal comms between German and Allied CO will be maintained to cut out the cock ups best we can.
At the moment I am working on the earliest we can arrive on the Friday....
Oxlade will be sec 5 man.
John would still require his sec 5 back but Ill ask if we can keep em till 20.00hrs to allow a late Saturday scenario before returns.
After last event and the chqs getting opened/semi opened by the Post office this caused people to worry about me receiving all sent and thus caused yet more emailing tidying up that end of the event I will open a PayPal account for the event.
I have a year and will be sourcing quality groups to invite, Ill be at Belters and have a shuftie about, any recommendations/ideas gladly received.
Reenacting for reenactors .

Pete

Read more: http://ww2lha.proboards.com./index.cgi? ... z1MvY6rpxn
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

wow pete nice one and well done for thinking ahead
please let me be the first to put me name down for this if the scenario does indeed need and extra hand

plus i willl help clear up again ..pmsl :wink:
well only if they dont follow the fecking rules again
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hi Les, Defo would like you on board, apols to you about the state of your van, Lesson learned there for me, a skip will be needed next time I think!.
I have asked Dave Page Chairman LHA to think about coming along and bringing his German field comms kit, saw it all in action at South Staffs museum event LHA has just done, (raising over 3,000 pounds for them)...German radio traffic coming from his sets sounded superb,,,having that at HQ,plus you if you up for it to join in?...field telephone/field kitchen/sani tent plus a workin German field HQ so no one does anything unless it originated from that place with OCs signature, not only will that be authentic it will stop unauthorised movements from undiciplined groups.
Pete
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

Pete

I've sent an email, but I can't see any reason why I couldn't come along and bring the comms kit with me. I might even have the radio truck back on the road by then!!

Dave
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hi Dave, That would be seriously cool to see in action...Ill speak to German CO and try to find a good place for you all to set up an defensable HQ area ...Maybe by the old "BOB" farm house...plenty of field space to spread out, there's a water point so good for the Field Kitchen etc..and you have a great view across the valley into the Allied front lines... :shock: ...all be it a mile away...
Plenty of roads for the MC couriers to use...
Anyone know of a Axis Photographer?...no civies.defo want to get this one down on film...
Need... Feld police..
Might well be some serious heavey equipement coming. 8)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Pskillman wrote:Hi Dave, That would be seriously cool to see in action...Ill speak to German CO and try to find a good place for you all to set up an defensable HQ area ...Maybe by the old "BOB" farm house...plenty of field space to spread out, there's a water point so good for the Field Kitchen etc..and you have a great view across the valley into the Allied front lines... :shock: ...all be it a mile away...
Anyone know of a Axis Photographer?...no civies.defo want to get this one down on film...
Need... Feld police..
Mark Bott - Botty on here. Superb Period Propagandakompanie Set up........
rednas

Post by rednas »

Cool! We will be there! :D
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hoffman Grink wrote:
Pskillman wrote:Hi Dave, That would be seriously cool to see in action...Ill speak to German CO and try to find a good place for you all to set up an defensable HQ area ...Maybe by the old "BOB" farm house...plenty of field space to spread out, there's a water point so good for the Field Kitchen etc..and you have a great view across the valley into the Allied front lines... :shock: ...all be it a mile away...
Need... Feld police..
Mark Bott - Botty on here. Superb Period Propagandakompanie Set up........
Ah Cheers for that PD..Ill go looking for him....
On the Allied side I have abelgium and French group interested in coming...they are pretty good quality reenactors and of course there is Sanders Der Windhund lads from Holland who look/re..enact superbly...any other EU groups that you guys would recommend...more living history types than blatfest kings could be contacted?..
Maleme

Post by Maleme »

I am also going to be with Botty in The Propagandakompanie Display at this years Victory Show and am also available for Pippingford Park next April with period Leicas and film!

I have done a few Tactical Events there in the past as I was with II/FJR6 so know the layout...

Best wishes, Paul.
PK.-Bildberichter.: Meyer.
Oberjäger-Gebirgstruppe
Fotos für Presse und Propaganda.
Berlin SW 68
Lindenstraße 38
Telef. Sammel-Nr 17 3988-89
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Hi Paul, Thanks for the message, Ill be away on a 8 day 2nd Armored trip when V show is on...so unles your doing Belters Ill not meet up with you but as you say if your ex FJR6 your on the ball anyway!.
Can I ask yuo to liase with Botty bout this and let me know what you want to do..
ie Pics of all the Axis forces , rear/forward lines.... or just the unit your with?...
Regards Pete
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Pskillman wrote:Hi Paul, Thanks for the message, Ill be away on a 8 day 2nd Armored trip when V show is on...so unles your doing Belters Ill not meet up with you but as you say if your ex FJR6 your on the ball anyway!.
Can I ask yuo to liase with Botty bout this and let me know what you want to do..
ie Pics of all the Axis forces , rear/forward lines.... or just the unit your with?...
Regards Pete
Why don't you do as they Military did? Put Botty in command of a Pk "Kompanie" and give him orders as to what aspect of the glorious victory in the West you wish to capture..... He can then task his men accordingly.......... Same could go for the Warco/AFPU chaps....... That way with your forward planning knowledge you can ensure happy snappers are in the right place at the right time.......... worth a go innit?
Maleme

Post by Maleme »

Paul ....yes that's a great idea!
Pete .... was planning on covering the whole event!

I will get in contact with Mark and hopefully he will be around for this and then get back to you!

With very best wishes, Paul.
PK.-Bildberichter.: Meyer.
Oberjäger-Gebirgstruppe
Fotos für Presse und Propaganda.
Berlin SW 68
Lindenstraße 38
Telef. Sammel-Nr 17 3988-89
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Thanks to you both... :)
At the moment I am knitting spaghetti...trying to piece together differing aspects that need to be put together. I'll get there :? ..just as well I have a year. :shock:

Axis CO = Darren Collins (TBC)
Axis 2IC= Manny Trainor.
Comms = Dave Page/Les Hearn.
Sani impression = :?: (Stu Humphreys did this in the past but he is bit busy now)
Photographic= Paul/Mark
field kitchen = :?: (Matt Sutton has sold his now)
Feld Police = PD :twisted:

So lots to do...and the same for the Allies. :roll:
Last edited by Pskillman on Sun May 22, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botty

Post by Botty »

I had responded to Paul saying I probably wont be in the country for this event. However after looking at what is being planned I may have to rethink that! Let me look into it.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”