royal gunpowder mills 2012

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Re: royal gunpowder mills 2012

Post by Hoffman Grink »

hanser wrote:
Hoffman Grink wrote:Les - (tips hat) Thank you for all the hard work feller - You are overworked and underappreciated but we love you for the effort you put in for this show.

I am already loaning two pairs of overalls to two of the FRAU girls, mess kit, gasmask tin, Lutschutze Helmet and Original Lufty Rucksack to folks so a Deact K98 is no big sweat - I'll help anyone (well - nearly anyone) as long as it's appreciated and the person gets the most from the event.

The people coming to RGM will all muck in and make it the success it is every year.

I'll be there doing me small bit.

Cheers mate. Whatever the weather - Keep your powder dry! :lol:
Paul you are truly a star and such a wonderful icon within the re-eneacting community.....now can you bring me an MG42 live firer with enough ammo to square up at Rambo please and enough pyro to make Guy Fawkes crap himself...Many thanks I`ll buy you a pint 8) :lol:

Uschar Hanser
An Icon? errrrrrrr..... I'd rather not be known as one of them - I don't sell clock and I don't shave me chest ! :lol: :lol: :lol: Funnily enough I'm going to talk to you about MG42s...... and things........ And the pyro goes without saying - but Matt takes care not The Mills and I'm keen not to tread on tootsies :) Which I suppose does make me a rarity and a wonderful feller. (That's what it says on my MI5 file anyway)
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

I was only going for the day on Sunday but was arrestedby GD Babylon ( Joe and Alan) found guilty of being sober in charge of a pair of binoculars and sentenced to hard liquer. In a complete stupour some lent me 2 blankets and a swiss splinter zelt piece, all I can remember is that, I can't recall ( try as I might) who it was. If anyone knows anything please let me know. I left the stuff with Joe and Alan invade someone knew where I was and came by after I had to go. I will post them or hand them over at or after Tutbury castle, I also owe you a drink ,thank you. In the same blancmange for brains state, I also lost my splinter bino pouch, if anyone found it?.....Thanks to all for a great ( all be it completely erased) night. Gary
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Great show Les. Bloody well done fella.
You deserve a medal chief.

On behalf of "Das Reich" and "FRAU" thank you for all the work you put into the show
as long as you will have us, we will always support you my friend.

(Gary, twas nice to meet you fella. Always good to put a face to a name)
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

quick pic of the FRAU ladies NSKK display

grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

FANTASTIC :wink: any more pics ? please :P
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
hanser

Post by hanser »

Just got home after a fantastic weekend, Many thanks to Les once again we are in your debt for making us so welcome and working your butt off to make this event work. Highlights this weekend were for me, the torchlight honour guard for my lovely Louise for her birthday, The open air sermon for the fallen and serving soldiers around the world...very moving. Finally Das Reich winning the best dispay award for our pioneer impression, most appreciated and unexpected. Thank you
I`d like to thank all the re-enactors who attended this event especially those who took part in the battle and showed true professionalism. Both Axis and Allied made this battle one of the best in my humble opinion. A big thank to Matt and his team for the great pyro and support.

If I`ve forgotten anyone its because I`m so knackered......sorry

Dave
barnaclebill

Post by barnaclebill »

Great "Well done!" to les and Jason for a superb show once again, Les you are a legend.

Well deserved congratulations the Das Reich for best display. Great to see them taking the hobby forward once again.

My thanks to all in the battle both days. You (almost :) ) all behaved impecably and took direction about the scenario to the letter. I'd particularly on my part like to thank you all for observing the pyro and exclusion zone like true professionals. We put the battles on but its you who make them work, cheers.

Good to see a few people not seen for a while, even bumped into Paul D over the weekend, had a good chat.

Matt.
Matt, 85th Gebirgsjager, part of the '39-45 Society'.
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Thanks To Joe and Alan for your hospitality and a great laugh. Thanks to Mr. D for the loan of the blankets, sorry I couldn't remember where I got them and wasn't there to return them in person, I owe you 1 or 3
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Les - Great show as usual Thank you - for the hard work before during and no doubt after. Thank you for the invite and the hospitality.
Das Reich - Thank you for the hospitality and friendship - as usual!
Joe, Bill and Florian Geyer - Wunderbar! Vielen Danke!
Gary - My pleasure mate - you needed something to sleep in and on - It don't matter where it came from - and you're a diamond geezer anyway!
Everyone else I met and bumped into - Great to see you all again and to have some laughs and bump gums - Special mentions to Matt, Barry G, KK and the SBG Kradamongs - Dicky and Andy, Pete and Emma, The FSSF, Pz Lehr, Der Fuhrer, Pz Gr GD and the Landlord and staff at the Wheatsheaf!
Halle

Post by Halle »

Many thanks to Les for organising the event , I haven't been for a few years and the reenactor turn out at least was excellent , particularly enjoyed the battle and the Japanese bayonet practice with wooden rifles ,they really went for it :o ! A big thank you to everyone at the 85th Gebirgs , a thoroughly decent group of guys n gals who graciously allowed me to spend the weekend with them as a fellow jager , I'm looking forward to next year ( if you'll have me! ) , and see you at Tutbury .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

What a great time we all had! We have travelled all night and I have not slept yet and some of the lads are still travelling
on further......(a round trip of a thousand kilometers), but well worth it, we had such great fun and met so many old and new friends :D

Thank you all for making Florian Geyer Group most welcome and we will be over again soon to the UK
Although I know that some of you will be coming over to one of our own events in Germany soon anyway.

It was very amusing to see the faces of some people (MOPs and Reenactors) when they realised that the
group are all REAL Germans!

Best wishes, Bill.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

It is a great honour that the display chosen was “Das Reich/Frau”
The girls worked and thought hard about the NSKK garage idea and pulled it off superbly.
Our alternate pioneer impression was fun and informative with real training and lectures taking place in front of the public giving us and them the chance to learn about this seldom seen aspect.
The display(s) would not have worked without the support we receive from our many friends in the re-enactment community, and therefore we share this award with them.
Paul Dalby for his help and support over a difficult weekend, Andy Scorgie for the loan of the Kubel and last but not least, our brothers from “Florian Geyer” who travelled from Germany and also supported our efforts.

Thanks also to “Sad Sack”, “Louie” and the FSSF for their help, not only with storing my kdf since Bushey, but for other assistance above and beyond (They know what I’m talking about :wink: )

Finally, it was a surprise and a honour for the group to be invited to take part in the remembrance ceremony held on Sunday. It was very moving and touching.
Thank you for that Les.

Oh, and a big thanks to Joe (Shortbread) for the parking ticket on the kdf.
20RM for parking in front of a fire point?
Bloody Chaindogs!
:D
daveslastsummer

Post by daveslastsummer »

A big thank you Les from Panzergrenadier GD for a great weekend, fully appreciated the work you put in over the weekend you deserve a week off after that!.

Great to meet up with our friends from GD Fusiliers Eddie,Rory and thanks to Nathan for keeping our spirits up with his selection of music on the accordion, great stuff!

As usual met old friends,made some new ones, gained some good ideas, got some cracking photos and the odd new member, in all another great Gunpowder mills wkend!

"Occupy Everything!"

http://www.panzerkorpsgd.co.uk
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

I agree with all of you guys ! But first of all BIG THANKS to LES :wink: There was no compromise only 100% Excellent thumb up event and spectacular battle on Sunday Big thanks to all groups taking part, especially real germans , such a good feeling to be in with them side by side 8)
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hi all many thanks for coming
i will post a more personal mesage soon when i am more able to lol

just finished with jason clearing the site of rubbish
so will speek laters ...with full report
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”