royal gunpowder mills 2012

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Botty

Re: royal gunpowder mills 2012

Post by Botty »

Or use the train like my Propagandakompanie partner does. He manages to bring full kit as well.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Botty wrote:Or use the train like my Propagandakompanie partner does. He manages to bring full kit as well.
Cheers Botty for your suggestion, does he take a rifle/weapon?? obviously covered up but personally i
wouldn't chance the train not with the gear :?
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Ryan- plan accordingly and explain about the monsoon rains
Don't worry paul i'll be there, infact we are having a full group turnout for this one, same as always. Was out yesterday weighing kit to see how much i could fit in the car.

The rain has never stopped us in the past, its just after 3 days of being soaked to the skin when yet another dull reenactor thinks hes being oh so bloody original by going Banzai at us he may not get the reaction he was expecting :lol: :lol: :lol:
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

LOLOLOL @ the Banzai!!!! I'd love to see your responses.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peiper - space is tight in my motor but if you confirm you are going and go as a Schutze I will pack a deactivated K98 for you. This will alleviate the need for you to cart a weapon on a train - All your kit should go in a Sausage bag http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info ... 089c4faf88

There's always room somewhere for a bod to kip - Les looks after everyone..........

Come on - Adventure! FRAU usually cook a big pot of stew and for a donation they feed anyone........ There's a Maccy D a 4 minute walk away and there is enough beer to float an aircraft carrier on as well as the best nights out........ Tell me you're going and I'll pack the K98 - but don't say you're coming if you ain't.
barryG

Post by barryG »

Dont care if its rain, snow, hail or even boiling sunshine.... me and Jen aint missing it for the world :D

Around Christmas I saw a bod at Waterloo station in full, and I mean full WW1 Brit gear.... no one batted an eyelid when he boarded the train!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Seven hours since I posted - No response.........

Looks like I won't be packing a K98 then..... :roll:
Hannibal Brooks

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

Peiper wrote:
Botty wrote:Or use the train like my Propagandakompanie partner does. He manages to bring full kit as well.
Cheers Botty for your suggestion, does he take a rifle/weapon?? obviously covered up but personally i
wouldn't chance the train not with the gear :?

Being the guy in question, I thought I'd clarify things. I have at varying times over the years carried the following on trains with NO problem whatsoever: Matchlock musket (a 12 gauge shot gun in the eyes of the police), A flintlock musket (again, a 12 gauge shot gun in the eyes of the police), A replica P38, a blank firing P08, a deactivated Mosin Nagant rifle (the full length one, not a carbine). I was carrying a full size shovel strapped to my rucksack at the same time as carrying my Mosin in it's gun bag - guess what got the most looks from the MOPs. When carried with all the required paperwork, discretely and sensibly, they will not cause a problem. I've even been stopped by the police whilst carrying a flintlock to an event and guess what - they gave me a lift for the remainder of the journey!

And yes, I have had carried an assortment of backpacks with all kit from boots to stahlhelm.

In summary, as long as you don't mosey up to the ticket office fully bedecked in SS runes and with an MP40 slung on your back, the train will take the strain. They'll probably just think you're off to Glastonbury anyway :D
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hi guys
paul many thanks for offering to get a fellow reenactor to the show

and a
HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ARE TRAVELING DOWN OR UP TO THIS SHOW
THIS REALLY IS APPRECIATED BY ME AND ALL AT THE MILLS.

right
land wise
bring ya wellies...................but saying that the ground is firm

yes it is wet
i think we all expected that
i will defo have to shuffle groups this year as some of the ground has puddles
one area is a small pond ..(chased five fecking ducks off it today)..lol
but pleas be aware the puddles will work in our favour .
remember if its wet in the spot allready then you wont put a tent there
therefore eliminating the risk of a puddle in tent ..lol

i will not move groups that have allrredy established thier ground
please be patient
i will however forget where peeps where
i work on the basis if ya like where you choose you go there
many thanks
see ya there
i will say again i will be there from 8 on friday morn onwards
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Les - (tips hat) Thank you for all the hard work feller - You are overworked and underappreciated but we love you for the effort you put in for this show.

I am already loaning two pairs of overalls to two of the FRAU girls, mess kit, gasmask tin, Lutschutze Helmet and Original Lufty Rucksack to folks so a Deact K98 is no big sweat - I'll help anyone (well - nearly anyone) as long as it's appreciated and the person gets the most from the event.

The people coming to RGM will all muck in and make it the success it is every year.

I'll be there doing me small bit.

Cheers mate. Whatever the weather - Keep your powder dry! :lol:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Seven hours since I posted - No response.........

Looks like I won't be packing a K98 then..... :roll:
Hi Paul
Just PM'd you mate, sorry my response was slow but am on nights this week (9pm-9pm) and was asleep, many thanks for the offer of the loan of the KAR-98 :D
Cheers Pipes
dragon gun

Post by dragon gun »

Les and the Team

Good luck for the weekend

To all our WW2 friends attending have fun

wendy and The SWB
Is it true i can retire when i die.

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May
take a step back in time…..multi-period living history and military vehicle weekend.

Set in the wonderful grounds of CALDICOT CASTLE COUNTRY PARK
Church Road, Caldicot NP26 4HU
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

Hello kameraden Any additional news or time schedule for the weekend ? Thanks
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

grenadier Biermann wrote:Hello kameraden Any additional news or time schedule for the weekend ? Thanks

pleease see my previouse post for entry times

show will open on saturday around ten
i will confirm this tommorow with all

les hearn

Post by les hearn »

some shit is spreading rumours the show is cancelled

THIS SHOW IS NOT CANCELLED

unless told by me itself

hanser

Post by hanser »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Les - (tips hat) Thank you for all the hard work feller - You are overworked and underappreciated but we love you for the effort you put in for this show.

I am already loaning two pairs of overalls to two of the FRAU girls, mess kit, gasmask tin, Lutschutze Helmet and Original Lufty Rucksack to folks so a Deact K98 is no big sweat - I'll help anyone (well - nearly anyone) as long as it's appreciated and the person gets the most from the event.

The people coming to RGM will all muck in and make it the success it is every year.

I'll be there doing me small bit.

Cheers mate. Whatever the weather - Keep your powder dry! :lol:
Paul you are truly a star and such a wonderful icon within the re-eneacting community.....now can you bring me an MG42 live firer with enough ammo to square up at Rambo please and enough pyro to make Guy Fawkes crap himself...Many thanks I`ll buy you a pint 8) :lol:

Uschar Hanser

Return to “UK reenactment and events”