Pippingford Park Tactical April 2012 - Propagandakompanie

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hannibal Brooks

Pippingford Park Tactical April 2012 - Propagandakompanie

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

Hello all,
Following on from the success of this year's Victory Show, The PK group wants to build on our experiences at Pip Park next April. We want to field a composite 4 man squad for the event - Heer, Luftwaffe and W-SS bildberichter impressions are all fine. This will be a back to basics affair in the true spirit of the event - if you can't carry it, don't bring it! Full infantry equipment will be required. Although not front line troops, as with PD's FG detachment, having a blank firer (P38, K98 or MP40) is actively encouraged. You may only fire it once or twice, but I think this will make for a more accurate impression. If John Oxlade has any left after the infantry boys have reserved theirs, I'll be renting a K98 from him.
Period 35mm cameras - Leica, Contax, Kodak Retina, etc. are mandatory. Ask if you're not sure if your camera is appropriate. As Botty isn't able to make this event, no field processing will be taking place.
PM me if you need any more info.
Hannibal Brooks

Re: Pippingford Park Tactical April 2012 - Propagandakompani

Now that Botty will be in the country and can make it to Pip Park (well done that man :) ), there will be 4 PK bildberichters at the event on the Saturday and 5 on the Sunday. If any unit commanders are interested in having a photographer embedded in their unit (we have both Heer and Luftwaffe bildberichters in our squad) drop me a PM.

Following a very successful Victory Show, we have lots of ideas in the pipeline to get some great images and footage of the event.
Cheers !
Botty

Post by Botty »

David and myself discussed this at the weekend. The plan is to set up a Propagandakompanie HQ which will act as the focus for the Propagandakompanie troops (I believe this has already been raised with Manny). From here I will dispatch photographers to the required units with written movement orders, direct the type of photos we want to aim for and generally co-ordinate. We hope to produce an electronic 'signal' magazine after the event (that's the royal we as my desktop publishing skills are nil) if we can pull it off so hope people will co-operate with the unit orders. This will give us the material we need to do this project.

As part of the unit HQ I can:

1) Provide B&W film if anyone wants to have a go with that. I will then develop it at home.
2) Provide unit rations for the weekend (for the PK troops only, I can't cater for the whole Axis side!). This will be as authentic as possible so bread/spread/jam issued Friday and Saturday night for the evening meal and following mornings breakfast and a hot midday meal.

Can everyone who is going as one of the PK-Truppen make themselves known on here and let me know if they want to go along the rations route?

Thanks
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Botty/Hannibal, guys looking forward to seeing the end results! Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing your PK Team in the field!

Guys, if you think you can support this 'special' team, please get in touch with the guys organising the PK team!

To add, Botty I have a 1937 Zeiss Ikon, in fine working condition if you, or anyone on your team wants to borrow it!

Stetzler
Last edited by Matelot on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Image pics would look great!...I prefere the rushed pic...bit blurry...these were taken on a 1950s camera...too modern are too sharp..in the field

wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

following on from Marks post about food if anyone needs any pdfs for food labels email me at regiment409 at yahoo.co.uk and I will send what I have.

I will also be bringing a field oven to the event
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Matty, do you or Jon B want the field kitchen again? It's available..! But the usual requets apply; picking it up and leaving back clean.

If so mate, let me know. Ta!
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Lidl do a German Black Rye Bread...for you 'ard core Axis troops!..
barryG

Post by barryG »

Yes they do, and its very filling too. Get a load of German sausages too and youve a good meal.
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Black Bread...?!

And what will the Amis be eating i wonder.... 8) :wink:
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Matelot wrote:Black Bread...?!

And what will the Amis be eating i wonder.... 8) :wink:
I believe Nick of the US Field Kitchen ...formerly known as "Charlie Chow" until last Kelmarsh :oops: is looking at Salmon on Couscous,Egg Plant, Suite Potatoes washed with Chablis...followed by Profiteroles and fresh Creme Brulee... :D ....
Daniel,Spain..... If you see this Contact me on Pskillman@fsmail.net some reason I cant get to your PM to me?.
Hannibal Brooks

All this talk of food - The Luftwaffe PK contingent will be getting some of Fat Herman's finest beluga dispatched from Berlin for luncheon - washed down with a fine Moselle, assuming Colonel Brandt and Captain Stransky haven't quoffed it all :cry:
Failing that, Botty makes a mean stew :D
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Stransky will be face down in the stinking mud, whilst i clean my boots on his arse...! I meanwhile, will be listening to Wagner's,Die Feen. Filling my bulging belly on quails eggs, and conducting the downfall of the Amis. 8)

Next...
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Manny,

I think I'll have enough to keep me busy humping round an MG42 without the field kitchen to distract me

Matt
Frontschweine, Regiment 409

Return to “UK reenactment and events”