NYMR (Levisham Station) 2011

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Liebstandarte

Re: NYMR (Levisham Station) 2011

Post by Liebstandarte »

Neil... As always, everything will go as clockwork. you have a great crew behind you. We will all do you proud me old mucker !!
ImageImageImage

Am Arsch der Welt
barryG

Post by barryG »

Yes Neil itll be fine.... never fear the FG are here :lol:
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Thanks Lads. I have confidence in you all, but I wouldnt be me if I didnt worry! :D
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
barryG

Post by barryG »

We have a couple of wooden slatted chairs we are bringing, youre welcome to use them if you think they are period :wink:
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Thanks Barry. If you have a small table, lob that in as well!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Right ho gang.
Leaving 08:00 Friday, so will be out of comms completely.
No phone or email in happy valley. Best of luck and see you all there.........
ringer

Post by ringer »

Can I be the first to say a big thanks to Neil and DR for allowing us once again to attend this fantastic event in such a beautiful place and hang out with some amazing guys and gals.
Met some inspiring individuals and nice to see some old friends.

just a couple of the early morning shots .....

Emil

Post by Emil »

What a great event as always - huge thanks to Neil and his team who built this accurate and full scale replica of the V1 that really did draw the crowds to the paddock. Thanks too to the Force Protection guys tucked away not always in full public view - just as much part of the team as anyone else nonetheless.

A great dinner once again - what do we think about the layout of the tables this year - keep for next year or go back to individual tables?

At the brief dinner speech Neil said he'd had some adverse comment that what we do at Levisham isn't 'proper' re-enacting. I think the person or people who voiced that opinion can't be re-enactors themeselves because they clearly have no idea what re-enacting is about. I'ts not just about arena battles being herded around like cattle by someone waiving a bit of paper kicking people when they are on the ground in the arena - it's about the 3 'E's - Engaging, Entertaining and Educating the public. And that's what we do superbly at this event which is how and why we draw thousands to 'Le Visham'.

Neil - I think your Group and guest re-enactors from other Groups - Windhund, Falschies, KSK, etc really do stage a proper re-enacting event and long may you continue to do so the way you do it - no bickering, no egos, no arguments about ammo allocation, no 'we're not talking to that Group' - all the immature behaviour you sadly see at events Down South - just solid comradely teamwork which is exactly as it should be.

Thanks too to the Wombles - Simon, Beth, the Level Crosing Official (I'll remember his name one day) Pauline, Patience, Janet, Malcolm, Tony and the other volunteers, and Paul and his catering team - it would not work without them.

Looking forward to next year - but what on earth can we do this next time that will achieve the 3 'E's? You're getting harder to beat each year Neil! :)

Panzer Heran!

Emil
barryG

Post by barryG »

Yes, Ill echo those comments and a huge thankyou to everyone who made Le Visham 2011 such a fantastic event. Many public commented on how our station had made their day which was great to hear. I think Neil, you need to award big John your FG, as he was certainly the entertainer of the weekend, the public just loved him. Huge fun to work with and very sad hes leaving for the USA.

Roll on next year.
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Them's good pictures Kev!! :D
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
hanser

Post by hanser »

Got home today about 2pm after a 5 hour drive, wow what a weekend.....
Everyone worked hard and made this yet again my personal favourite event of the year and I thank you all. The Saturday Regimental meal was amazing with massive thanks to the Levisham staion staff (the wombles) for great grub and the free bar. Apologies to anyone that I might have damaged whilst stage diving off the tables...
Total Respect to Neil and Matt for the V1 (Fifi) but we have a problem now....what do we do next? how do we better this?
If any of the Re-enactors who attended have video or stills of the V1 firing please could they either get them on here or send them to me. I never took a single photo all weekend. Never had the chance.

361 days to go

Dave
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Terribly exhausted still, even after a good nights sleep but thought I really need to put pen to paper as it were.
To all those that turned up and in good spirit gave their all to this event, once again my heart-felt thanks.
From the Station commander and the Helferin who kept it running, the Gruppenfuhrers and the men under their command, all followed the scenario, all worked as one.

Fantastic Saturday evening Regimental Dinner. Great food, company and our friends N44 along as honoured guests. After dinner was a bit like the 60’s. If you can remember it clearly then you weren’t really there! :D

Levisham takes a year of planning, this year almost a year of building, but forgetting FiFi for a moment, the true stars of the show are always you lot including the station staff (our very own “Wombles”).
Would we work as hard if they weren’t involved? No. we wouldn’t.
To have such clients is a re-enactors dream come true, but do we think of them as such? I don’t. They are part of our re-enactment world now and good friends to boot.

To those who said they would come and did, I salute you.
To those who said they would and couldn’t or didn’t, you missed a blinder.
To the many “Levisham Virgins” who attended, now you can say you’ve seen a crowd! :wink:

Thanks again to the build team involved in the missile and the ramp, for its construction, assembly and very exhausting disassembly after a long Sunday shift.
Wherefore FiFi now? Who knows.
We will look for a suitable home for her and maybe take the show “on the road” next season.

As for next year, planning is underway on a very interesting display, but we may yet deviate from this, after all I’ve always had a bit of a hard on for Zeppelins…….
Last edited by Reich Crispies on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Neil
excellent when i 1st saw the pics i thought bloody hel how the **** did he build that !!!

Regarding reenactors who dont think Levisham is reenacting green eyed monster comes to mind sad jealous cunts

What next V2 :?:

Stacey Island :?:

Thunderbird 2 :?:
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Exactly what I thought, jealousy.

I've attended twice now, once as a MOP, and once as a MOP in my SS kit, and both times I've left having learnt things I didn't know, and grinning from ear to ear...surely thats the name of the game?
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The name of the game is community Graeme - And what Levisham does it prove to the naysayers that we can genuinely, regardless of group tag, name, label or loyalty, spend a weekend in an idyllic setting, getting on, causing or giving no offence and indulging in our deep interest with a common goal. At the same time engaging the public, as I call it - "edutaining" them and providing the station with an attraction that enables them to bring in much needed revenue.

Levisham is unique. It was raised from the ashes by one man - no matter how modest he remains - and built into something that a lot never thought NYMR would have and some (as described by Jon) still do not want........ But it's popular and it's professional and it's established.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”