War and Peace juli 20/24 weds / sun 2011

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
barryG

Re: War and Peace juli 20/24 weds / sun 2011

Post by barryG »

Great show for us, where else can you meet a veteran from the 12th SS and get to ride around the show on a 222 with Gruber and Herr Flick, and not to mention the banana splits :lol:
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

The real Banana Splits?? Or were they just a Banana Splits reenactment group?
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
barryG

Post by barryG »

LOL, one was a farb though as he was the wrong colour :lol:
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Not much more to add than has already been said but well done to everyone (far too many to mention) for making this show a very enjoyable and relatively incident-free event for many-a-year.

I've no idea who they were but there was a USN re-enactment group (all French nationals) beside us and they were the most friendly and helpful bunch you could wish to meet. They also had a pacific themed bar on the go all day long :wink: .

Anyway, good luck to you all and see you again at this show next year.

Gruss.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

2011 has to be one of the best shows ever,
when we got there on the sunday ithought it was going to be kriegsmarine and bog jumping wit the amount of water coming down , but ,the week managed to pick up and considering the rest of the country we were quite lucky.although looking at our car it looks as if it was on the paris dakkar rally.
great to see friends old and new.toomany to mention,but always a pleasure to see the family repper, andy francis and "uncle" les

, again the attention to detail by all groups involved was exemplary.
thanks to windhund and our good friends at das reich for keeping a watchful eye on micky for me.
the guys over at the armoury tent worked their arses off to give out bang stick daily, seeing them everyday covered in spent powder and wd40 stripping every single weapon down, i just hope all on here who used them appreciated their graft.

well also what can i say..a mega big thanks topd for getting me a new toy..its great representing a character such as adolf galland but if there is no emil..it looks well empty. not this time..pd said if i get it will you do it....and he did. was unbelievable to have a full size me109 to play on and pose with..something i wont forget.

a big highlight was meeting the allo allo cast and having a stand off with herr flick who told me " go avay and dont come back till you vin ze var"..really nice people,good fun to talk to on and off character.

on a footnte, a friend of mine who i work with and a keen military historian and modeller came to war and peace as a mop for the day(he isnt a reenactor) for the first time, one of his comments
"everyone was sofriendly and everyone looked BRILLIANT, all the displays just looked so realistic" he took 158 photos.he hasnt shut up about it.

credit to you all

cheers
nick
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
FRAU

Post by FRAU »

FRAU and the brats had a good time, they went into the battle which was a first for the group under the watchful eye of Helga and with the much appreciated assistance of the borrowed and now adopted FRAU brats and not forgetting the females whose assistance was much appreciated(Michelle, Aimee that participated from other groups).

With food provided by Lucky and Ollie we also fed the Allo Allo cast German meals, which was tbh rather surreal. Helga met Helga :lol: and Dink met Monsieur Le Bonque causing Mimi to giggle. Shame its a whole year away til the next one :cry:

The real answer to this question should be 'It was in brown bread and I think it was Ham' :mrgreen:

Return to “UK reenactment and events”