Nov 5/6 Spanby winter battle - Bastogne/Foy forest

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
hanser

Re: Nov 5/6 Spanby winter battle - Bastogne/Foy forest

Post by hanser »

Hi Gents, We have had an offer from Frau to cook a 3 square meals on saturday and breakfast on the sunday. obviously this is dependant on numbers of interest. £10 will feed you for the weekend. That means more battle time and warm food in what could be cold weather. Please respond by group with numbers. If we don`t get enough support it probably won`t happen.

Cheers Dave
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Hello,

FJR2 will be self catering, thank you for the offer anyway.

Cheers,

Chappy.
In memory of Tim Browning 1964-2011
"A Gentleman and a Scholar"
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi Dave

I dare say a few of us will be interested, I'll post it on our forum and let you know.

Cheers Darren

p.s those pics of the V1 looked awesome...
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
hanser

Post by hanser »

carentan wrote:Hi Dave

I dare say a few of us will be interested, I'll post it on our forum and let you know.

Cheers Darren

p.s those pics of the V1 looked awesome...
Thanks Darren, that means a lot. Watch this space Fifi the V1 maybe making other appearences next year.
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

Hi Hanzer.
2 of us hitlerjugends from Axis44 will be up for the 3 square meals.

'please sir can we have some more?' :lol:
"When I was bound apprentice in famous Lincolnshire"
hanser

Post by hanser »

I`m sorry to say that due to circumstances the Frau girls can`t make this event. So I`m afraid there will be no girly cooked food and we will all have to fend for ourselves as per normal. Sorry guys this is unavoidable.

Dave
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

:( ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bugga :( looks like its pot noodles all round for us then :lol:

thanks tho :)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

SSnez wrote::( ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bugga :( looks like its pot noodles all round for us then :lol:

thanks tho :)
"Living History" ain't what it used to be.... :roll:
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

I know mate, eating that out of date food from 1943 really does give me the shits :0)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Make light of it but blatfests and pot noodles is what this hobby is boiling down to. Come and bring a blanket and a zelt, two tins of corned beef, some powdered soup and a pack of crispbreads and put yourself through two days and a night of trekking round difficult terrain in whatever the weather throws at you - Possibly not even getting to fire your rifle more than once or twice........... And see what that gives you.......... You'd probably not have the energy to shit.

But then it doesn't "appeal" to the modern re-enactor - does it?
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

Is there a vegetarian option mr Hoff? :P
If you'd kindly pop down, Ainsley, and give us a cooking lesson we'd be very grateful.
Were's the banter gone on theses forums or do you have to abide by the book? Soon this forum will be neglected because young men like myself will be put off commenting on posts because you slate 'a joke' . Then you'll
Put us off re-enacting and you'll be sat there all on your own at an event playing with yourself cos you've put the 'up and coming re-enactirs' off even thinking about attending an event. We all have to start somewhere and if it's pouring a pot noodle into my mess tin then so be it
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

P.S. I'm sure I spotted you hid behind that tiger tank at victory show with two mr whippy 99's in each hand :lol:
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

Joking aside tho mr Hoff. Ive attended these spanby events before portraying VC at the vietnam battles and Chris the organiser sets a very high standard which I'm sure will be even higher at this WW2 battle. At the Vietnam battle we harrassed the G.I's none stop for 9 hours, don't think I fired a shot until 2hours in. I loved sleeping amongst the trees with only a original VC blanket over me which I walked away that weekend with a stinking cold and I hope to walk away next weekend feeling like shit with just a german blanket and zelt tent for cover. I know what is expected and I enjoy the 'feeling how they would have felt' being covered in mud.stinking and hungry.  I love this hobby and it gives me great pleasures. I'm new to this hobby and only advice which I've read throughout this forum and many of it comes from your posts will make me a better grenadier.I know it all gets abit serious sometimes but hey Let's enjoy ourselfs  :wink:
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Make light of it but blatfests and pot noodles is what this hobby is boiling down to.
But then it doesn't "appeal" to the modern re-enactor - does it?
Can't think of a recent blattfest I,ve been to Paul - can you suggest one? It would be nice to have some non-stop trigger time once in a while!!!

Danny stop winding people up over pot noodles! You should know by now that people on these forums and others like them can take the written word quite literally sometimes!!

Anyway back on topic - A big Thanks to all who have committed to this NON BLATFEST TACTICAL EVENT - all we need now is snow!!!!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

Is that a British tank I hear coming? Or is it your tummy rumbling :lol:

Return to “UK reenactment and events”