Nov 5/6 Spanby winter battle - Bastogne/Foy forest

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
GRAUWULF

Re: Nov 5/6 Spanby winter battle - Bastogne/Foy forest

Post by GRAUWULF »

thanks Pete I was getting my info on what the reformed 17th were equipped with before their jump ....must be getting confused in me old age? :!: :lol:
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Right gentlemen I am signing off for the weekend, safe journeys and I'll see you in the field tonite!!
Any queries please text me and I will ring you as I am work til 4 and signal in woods is intermittant. Note Dave and Steve will be on site this afternoon to greet all those arriving today
I will have a natter by the fire you should have got going by then - dont forget to dig in positions where you need them make use of your time!!!
Cheers
Chris 07971 560249
Remember nearest SAT NAV is NG34 0(ZERO) AT that will take you to highfields go up the road for 1/2 a mile and take the right turn thru Spanby village itself after the last house on the right about 200m is the track to the woods on your right and will be signposted FOY.
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Had a cool weekend, lovin' the bunker/trench system, didn't notice the lack of toilet facilities as I was unaware that the wermacht supplied.them.... Cheers Chris, see you next time. Gary
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Thanks Kurt!!!Wouldnt be keeping it real with portaloos! :wink:
Well another winter battle under our belt!!! Fluid battling an hour till our first contact then all hell broke loose!!! Jeeps running recon and getting shot to s**t!!!! Captured by enemy forces, searched,abused and thoroughly scared!!!!. HUGE thanks to all who came and made this such a fantastic weekend!!! Constant tac, no shot calling and some awesome contacts when they happened - as real as it could be!!! Hats off to both forces who took it for real and showed such a great professionalism and dedication to the hobby!!!!
Big thanks to my set up crew who have worked constantly since January to improve the site in their own time and voilition - Dave,Andy Musson and Father and son Petleys - hand digging proper fortifications is not easy!!!
Thanks to John and Steve once again for weapons that did us proud. Big thanks to Andy Marsh, Dave Spelling for their behind the scenes Axis input.
Most of all thankyou to YOU the re-enactors who came put their everything into a non scripted weekend and did more than 110 percent to make it work - TEAMWORK,FAIRPLAY and CAMRADERIE are just some of the words to explain it!!
Thanks also to the re-enactors who know how to break into cars after locking my keys in!!! :oops: :shock:
BIG BIG thanks to Fallschirmjagers who did not leave me on my own and helped with final site clearance - Gary,Graham,Neil,Ross and Jack (Cpl Carnage)!!!
Next event Nam based 25th ish May then airsoft throughout the year.Whose up for a winter battle next year!!!!!!???????????? we'll have proper toilets in by then!!!!
PLEASE POST YR PICS UP (Martin,Danny,Steve Dave and all!!!
SUA SPONTE!!!!!!!! :D
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

THE CRAZY GANG..!!
Attachments
Spanbygroup.jpg
Spanbygroup.jpg (195.82 KiB) Viewed 5199 times
"When I was bound apprentice in famous Lincolnshire"
labrador

Post by labrador »

Congratulations! looks like you had yourselves a great event! Is that Hiroki in the front row?
SSnez

Post by SSnez »

It sure is, he also attends the Vietnam theme tacticals held at Spanby.
"When I was bound apprentice in famous Lincolnshire"
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Chris, top marks for another brilliant weekend! It was a pleasure to battle alongside FJR2 & FJR6, soooo many Fallschirmjager working as a team! 8)

FJR9 will be at the next battle. :)

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
hanser

Post by hanser »

Sorry for the delay in posting, been a bit crook....
A massive thank you to my mates Chris and Dave for yet another brilliant event. I hope I didn`t piss off too many people with my shouting and balling on the battle field? What a pleasure to battle with such an amazing bunch of guys. Even though the Allies were majorly outnumbered They did not lose heart and were a well worthy foe all weekend. Well done guys you made my weekend. Many thanks to the FJ, Heer and SS units that made the effort to be there and perform professionally and with some awesome style. Looking forward to the next one.

Dave
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Has anyone seen any of the video footage shoot that weekend, if so where is it posted?
hanser

Post by hanser »

kurt koniger wrote:Has anyone seen any of the video footage shoot that weekend, if so where is it posted?
Spanby has its own facebook page and theres a link to youtube for a few videos shot by the Allies.

Dave

Return to “UK reenactment and events”