E2V2 - "Escape to Victory - The re-match" 5th June 2011

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
les hearn

Re: E2V2 - "Escape to Victory - The re-match" 5th June 2011

Post by les hearn »

yea nice one jon
nice strong legs ya got there fella

just out of curiosity .................who,s playing up front for them

as you know i play in defence left back or central..........just getting an idea of who i can win free kicks off of
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
JDR

Post by JDR »

Les

I guess Andy Campbell will be one of the front two thats if they are playing two up front.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Dave if I don't manage to get even to spectate at this can I just say good luck!!!! - you've had a cracking response to a cracking idea!!! Hopefully see you very soon mate!!!!!!!!!
Chris
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

so whos gonna be there tommorow for the walkabout

im going ..
and what kit shall we all wear in town

manstein

Post by manstein »

just read the write up in the latest issue of ww2 reenactment magazine great to get the word out shame it could not have been in last monhts but anything is better than nothing

see you all in the morning for a great day and hopefully a lot of fun all for a great cause

should be a surprise for the dartford tunnel people when i come though in german uniform :shock:

last day to get those boots polished, medals gleaming and of course last bit of fittness training in for those that need it, i shall run up and down the beach 10 times just so i dont feel left out :lol:
scott p v
Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein
member of fg39-45
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.webs.com/
http://feldgendarmerie3945.freeforums.org/index.php
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

I dont think I will wear mine on the journey up, Mcdonalds at Fleet for Breakfast, not a good idea
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Well, that’s the ball game folks. All the planning and hard work came home to roost in a truly fun, emotional and entertaining event.
From walking the streets with buckets and handing out leaflets, through the panic that we weren’t getting two teams, to the satisfaction of a job done as well as possible, we collectively put one hell of a show!

Final score 4-3 to the Allied team, 1 nil to the Royal British Legion and massive kudos for the World War 2 Re-enactment community who showed what can be achieved when we all pull together.

Though the crowd wasn’t as big as hoped, the event raised the profile of the RBL, and some much needed funds.

On behalf of all of the team who organised, begged, prayed and hoped to put this event together, including the Royal British Legion themselves THANK YOU!

I always hate separating one or two individuals or organisations out from the crowd, but I feel the following deserve heaps of praise:

All the vehicle owners. Without your support we would have been screwed big style.

Pete Clarke (Kp1) This guy has a heart of gold. Not only transported two vehicles, but at the last minute sourced and operated a PA system for the event outside. Pete, you are a prince among men.

To all those that pledged their support and came, a HUGE and hearty thanks to all players (some who stepped in at the last minute), guards, set dressers, POW’s, vehicle owners, supporters, faces in stands et al, you did a truly marvellous job.

To all those that pledged their support and didn’t or couldn’t, come for whatever reason, you missed a unique opportunity.

This has left me exhausted, both mentally and physically and I can categorically state “Never again!” :D
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
manstein

Post by manstein »

great day yesterday
had a fantastic time during the match and enjoyed watching everyone haveing a right old bash together a few headers looked painfull and a lot of rubbing of the head was needed
shame the axis could not win but the ref was on the allied side

on behalf of the all the top brass well done to neil dave and louise and everyone else for arranging what was a great event and a great day

everyone i spoke to said how much they enjoyed it even the deputy mayor was impressed and said he had been out blinged by the top brass

thank you once again
scott p v
member of fg39-45
barryG

Post by barryG »

Neil, Pete Clarke doesnt get on here but I passed on your thanks and hes really chuffed, and in his usual modest style wants to say that Steve M and Emma helped him move the vehicles; youre right hes a real gent and a credit to KP1 :D
JASE

Post by JASE »

Huge amount of thanks to Neil, Dave and Louise,
What a great event and truly a well hard played game of football all for a fantastic cause.
I still believe another 5 minutes and the axis (ref willing) could have pulled the game back to a draw :D
My family and friends really enjoyed the day

Thanks once again

Whens the next one?
hanser

Post by hanser »

Sorry for our late reply but the laptop has been buried under smelly shirts, socks and shorts...... I am humbled by the support and effort from everyone involved in this event. I cannot thank you all enough for making this the most fantastic day of my re-enacting years. Special thanks to a few individuals who made remarkable extra efforts on the day. Pete Clark for not only bringing the 222 and his combo but also supplying the PA system for Kitten Von Mew.. Tim Challis for turning around on his journey down to pick up two guys who had broken down and were doubtful to make it.
An amazing day but with one small exception......The TA centre have had 8 shot glasses missing so if anyone has accidently picked them up please could you return them so we don`t leave a bitter taste on the event.
Anyone who missed this event, missed out and trust me when i say we wouldn`t be doing it again for many years......cheers guys and gals....what a game.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hi dave

thanks for the hard work you put in ..
and please say thanks to louise too
i have allready said thanks to neil

as for the shot glasses

come on guys ..please lets have them returned to the rightfull owners ..as it is our reputaions ..that seem will be tarnished
remember ............we where thier guests

FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

Neil, Dave and Louise,

What can I say, but well done and thank you.

Neil & Dave you both have a future as Officers in the German forces.
The way it all came together was just terrific, I wiuld not have missed it for the world.

The day was worth the 3 1/2 hour journey up and the 5 1/2 hour journey back.

Louise as lovely as ever and the SS cap just gets the old FM's bloody pumping again. lets see the pictures as soon as we can.
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

manstein

Post by manstein »

fantastic photos herr fledmaschall :D
scott p v
member of fg39-45

Return to “UK reenactment and events”