Stoneleigh How Was It?

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
JDR

Stoneleigh How Was It?

Post by JDR »

So how was Stoneleigh? any bargins? prices high/low? attendance many there? etc etc you overall views
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
les hearn

Re: Stoneleigh How Was It?

Post by les hearn »

i didnt go
me motor broke down
grrrr
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
the 4th reich

Post by the 4th reich »

Got a few bargins :mrgreen:

Denix MP40, SMWholesale dot tunic, 3 stick grenades, sleeve eagle and a MP40 sling all for £300. So very happy with that :mrgreen:

Then a few bits and bobs of dickie, His new dot supurb, it is extreamly close to smw. £110 for a full suit.
MANNERS COST NOTHING!!!!

barryG

Post by barryG »

Spent a few bob with Anthony on my walking out uniform, and got a verbandkasten with contents for the wifes DRK impression... which she loves 8)

Best of all was meeting up with people I havent seen for a while, really good to chat and cant wait for the new season.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I bought the Goliath.
reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

Hoffman Grink wrote:I bought the Goliath.

Stop pulling our chain :lol:

It was the nicest thing at the fair - any idea who much they were looking at for it?
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Big pennies Ash - Nice to see you although fleetingly brief. I'd like a Goliath - I'd turn it into an invalid chair type buggy and ride everywhere like some Yoksha-Nazi Davros...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Walther

Post by Walther »

Crap!

Bought a bag of crisps and a Yorkie and some dodgy shoulder boards as a stupid impulse buy and that was it. Defo seems to be getting less and less interesting stuff and more and more bad quality stuff to spend your green on. :?

Good to see a few folks and have a natter though.

Neil.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef
Großdeutschland Aufklärungs
---------------------------------------
"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath"

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Walther wrote:Crap!

Bought a bag of crisps and a Yorkie and some dodgy shoulder boards as a stupid impulse buy and that was it. Defo seems to be getting less and less interesting stuff and more and more bad quality stuff to spend your green on. :?

Good to see a few folks and have a natter though.

Neil.
Saw you pass by in you black leather U Boot jacket I think it was..... couldn't catch you for a quick chinwag but must do so soon. Twas a shade subdued there this year but I didn't have the urge to buy anything (except the Goliath which only just fitted in the boot of the car )
Walther

Post by Walther »

Should have ran up and slapped me mate - 'appen I was walking round in that 'there's gotta be something to buy' daze that seems to come over me at these things. :oops:

Yup, need a decent chat - the signal always seems to conk out when on the phone.
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Peter Hoffmann

Post by Peter Hoffmann »

Not bad for me, managed to empty my wallet as usual. Most of the repro stuff was pants...

Got myself a couple of pieces of bling and a couple of really nice wooden ordnance crates - a 3.7cm PaK box and a BIG pioneers box (Packkiste Nr 10) to put all me stuff in.

I nearly bought a copy of the latest WW2 Re-enactors magazine but was put off by the ugly sods on the front cover...
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Peter Hoffmann wrote:
I nearly bought a copy of the latest WW2 Re-enactors magazine but was put off by the ugly sods on the front cover...
Allegedly there is an even uglier bugger inside!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Walther

Post by Walther »

Yer, I've seen the MP40 toting copper in there. Good issue by all accounts ;)
Rittm.u.Kompanie-Chef

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Walther wrote:Yer, I've seen the MP40 toting copper in there. Good issue by all accounts ;)
Ach Scheisse!!!! So it's true!!!! :roll:
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

Some nice stuff on display, some bloody awful crap that should either have been weighed in or left buried. Prices very variable from one end to the other, cup of coffee £1.70!! entry £10, which in my humble opinion is kicking the arse out of it a wee bit.
I had trouble finding anything to spend money on, even reasonal impulse buys were thin on the ground. Good to see friends though.
Oh, and anyone who thinks they can wear a bloody great bergan in a packed hall and constantly push through and then turn around is a twot of monumental proportions, and yes there were dozens of them, it's got a bloody handle on the top so you can carry it like a bag!!! Only shoplifters and wannabe's wear rucksacks where I come from.
I am the bane of pointy stick forums, thrice banned for honesty, hater of internet re enactors ( you know, the ones that know everything but never do an event).

Return to “UK reenactment and events”