Guernsey 2nd and 3rd July 2011 Batterie Dollman

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
pepperpot

Guernsey 2nd and 3rd July 2011 Batterie Dollman

Post by pepperpot »

i have been invited to attend the 10th anniversary of the opening Batterie Dolman, i was last out there in 2003(?) with the then FJR6 now defunc. Not the same unit as currect FJR6 unit(s) If anyone is interested in going, i would suggest that it is a 5 day trip, returning on Monday 4th july.
As i have a transit van, i will be going across on by boat.
No SS regretable, not my instructions.
Uniforms and appearance are to be of parade standard, as we will be taking part in full kit, living history, for the staurday and sunday. No battle. plenty to see around the islands. Last time i was there we had a flak 30, flak 38 and 2cm flak 36(?) to use, all de activated to Guernsey standards, file across the firing pin!!!!!
If you want to take any weapon you will have to clear it with both Guernsey Police and customs both ways.
graham
Salacious Crumb

Re: Guernsey 2nd and 3rd July 2011 Batterie Dollman

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Perfect location for a KM Kusten-artilerie impression!
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
pepperpot

Re: Guernsey 2nd and 3rd July 2011 Batterie Dollman

Post by pepperpot »

received this email from guernsey

by guernseydonkey on 19 Feb 2011, 22:25

Hello Everybody,
How would you like to attend an event in Guernsey channel Islands?
BATTERIE DOLLMANN has now been open to the public for 10 years and to mark this occasion Guernsey Armouries will be holding a two day event on Saturday July 2nd and Sunday 3rd 2011, we are looking for 20 or so extra German soldiers to help out arround the gun emplacement.
we have space for 4 Feldgendarmerie and 5 Fallschirmjager , the rest can be made up of infantrie.
Sorry but no SS in any way, shape or form.
Now the nitty gritty,
You will have to arrange your own travel and accommodation, for those of you who wish to rough it there is a camp and tents can be provided as long as you dont mind sharing.
If you intend to bring any weapons YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT ME FIRST as our laws are different to yours.
Deact equipment MUST have a cert and special arrangements must be made by you with the ferry company.
Guernsey Armouries will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of property, please make sure that your insurance is up to date.
I will post a full itinerary closer the time so watch this space.
Thank you.
guernseydonkey
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=175276

Return to “UK reenactment and events”