9/10 July Spanby Lincs NORMANDY CAMPAIGN

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
GRAUWULF

Re: 9/10 July Spanby Lincs NORMANDY CAMPAIGN

Post by GRAUWULF »

WARNING ORDER

SCENARIO FOR EVENT IS D-DAY+3 CERISY FOREST

Allied forces are slowly clearing the Normandy countryside hedgerow to hedgerow,field to field,wood to wood.

We are going to loosely base this on Cerisy forest where it was suspected that a large number of remnant 353nd and other mixed units had taken refuge.
In reality after heavy armoured bombardment resistance was light.

The Axis forces will be in control of a large communications/artillery fortification within the vast area of woodland.
It is up to the Allied forces to reconnoitre the area,locate the fortifications,gather intel,find a weak spot and take it out. This will not be easily done (believe me we tried to take the same complex from the VC in the Nam battle this is before we have built on it and it was HARD!!).
This will be a free flowing ex (not a blatt) which worked well with the Nam scenario - and we were tactical for a full 9 hours NON-STOP!!!!!!!!
Both sides are expected to send out intel patrols. If you chow down and get hit - respond we learnt a hell of a lot from the Nam re-enactors they stood to!!!!!!
We will be using the FULL 75 acre site so we CAN use vehicles and we can do it real without falling over each other and not getting lost!!!

Site open from 12:30 Fri
you must be registered by 0830 sat latest
endex is approx 14:00 Sun

Armourer is John Oxlade

Cost of event is 30 GBP this covers land,pyro,insurance etc as normal.

Dress for all units is typical June 1944 so Allies Invasion Gear etc looking rough.
Axis units - well - you do it so well you know the score!!!!!

We already have US Rangers,US Para,US infantry,Brit Abn, Infantry,Brit Field Hosp,Axis FJ.SS and Heer on board.
If you want to come as an individual please pm/email me and I will allocate you a group
(your PLI is covered by your parent unit)

Personal weapons allowed with appropriate certs
Bangs,smokes allowed with usual logical safety restrictions
Period tentage only (although i do have an area for Civvy tentage )
The Germans have a nice bunker complex!!!!!

I will be holding after a hard days fighting a BBQ for all participants UNLESS you all feel the need after 9+ hours tac to carry on as i do feel that re-enactment is also about meeting different groups!!! HOWEVER we do carry out night ops (KP1 and Das Reich know this!!) So we allow a couple of beers -ANYONE UNFIT TO HANDLE A FIREARM WILL NOT USE ONE THAT IS MANDATORY!!!
That said this is an awesome site and the lads have put so much effort into developing the site with a considerate landowner.We can build and use for years to come!!!
So get signed up and let me know if any more of you fancy the sweet smell of cordite on a summer evening!!!
Cheers
Chris
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
(yes Ive finally gone over to the darkside!!)
Heute wir sind Roten, Morgen wir sind toten!!!
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Can I have all units attending posted up here so far I have
Frontline assocn
LMPS/GI44-45
R-R
Nww2
Fjr6
Fjr9

Weapons if needed with John Oxlade please
Cheers
Chris
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

EVENT UPDATE:
I have had plenty of guys attending this one but I would assume most are bringing their own weapons as John has only had a couple of hires?
I will need to know who NEEDS a weapon from John otherwise we will be using our own as John will not come out for less than 10 hires.
Thanks
Chris
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Still waiting on further updates re any other groups and weapons - I do somehow being asked to put on a summer event so you could battle in nice weather and late!!!!?????????????????
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Photos now online at Nick Halling's site for the last event BEFORE we built the bunker/trench complex. Can all attending personnel/units list their participation here and state whether or not they require HIRED weapons.
Thanks
Chris
bunkers.JPG
bunkers.JPG (80.21 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Tommy atkins attending to hold forward positions
I take it then that no-one will be hiring weapons?
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Ok I will NOT be asking John Oxlade to waste his time on this one.

Most participants have confirmed that they have personal weapons.

So saying that I have about 25-30 confirmed which for what we want to do is all good as to locate the bunker system will be hard enough and then to take it will be a tough nut.
(We had that many for Vietnam and it took us 9 hours solid!!!)
Bloody typical Germans ask for a summer battle then forget about Belters!!!
Oh well thanks to the usual diehards I will see you on the ground on a hopefully lovely summer weekend. Site will be open from 12:30 on the Friday Axis will be directed to their bunkers - Allies will be directed to their area.

If you haven't got a personal "live" weapon you can bring deacts and there may be some spare weapons amongst us - to be negociated between lender and lendee!!
So we have good settings,good scenario,good pyro and some good groups coming

Anyone wanting me to put on a late Oct/Nov Bastogne/Foy event here let me know as I don't want to bust my balls - get in trouble with the missus by digging at the woods every weekend - and owe John lots of money for no shows without some dedicated commitment.
(bear in mind I have another 2 Vietnam war eventg lined up)
I will post on here just before the event - any queries as always call me 07971 560249,email me or pm me
Cheers for the continued support
Chris
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Righto I am away in Normandy from the weekend until the battle so any queries get me before Sunday evening - failing that speak to Dave Barrett the registration guy who will be on site from 1200 Friday or Andy Marsh (Axis coord)
Daves number 07935 965368
Andy Marsh 01942679560
REMEMBER I HAD NO RESPONSE FOR AN ARMOURER so it is personal weapons or deacts only

We still are doing full scenarios tho.
Cost is 30 gbp per head to cover the site
I will do you all a BBQ after a hard days battle on the Sat evening

DIRECTIONS

Nearest Sat Nav location is NG34 0AT this will take you to highfields country retreat the woods are located just past Spanby village which is about 1/2 mile up from here on the right.
Event will be signposted on the main A15/A52 roundabout,on mareham lane near the turning to Spanby and at the entrance to the location itself.Go through the village (please drive slowly) and after the last houses their is a track on your right which leads to the forest.
From the main A1 follow signs for Grantham and take the A52 towards Boston. At the roundabout linking the A15/A52 go straight over for about a mile you will come to a crossroads marked THREEKINGHAM right and SLEAFORD/HIGHFIELDS COUNTRY RETREAT left. Go LEFT follow Mareham lane past HIGHFIELDS and take the road to SPANBY which will be on your right (careful the turning is on a bend) follow the road through the village and you will come to the final event sign. If you get to a white farmhouse you have gone too far!
Signs will be marked CERISY
You need to be at the site no later than 0800 on Sat
See you all at the event
NOTE I HAVE CATERED FOR A WINTER EVENT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Thank you Chris for providing us all with a bloody fantastic weekend, great atmosphere, superb site, 10 out of 10 for the bbq, all told A1+++++++++++. A very VERY big thank you to Kenny and his brit airborne medics, a force to be reckond with!

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
GRAUWULF

Post by GRAUWULF »

Thanks guys it was as always a pleasure working with you all. Good training, hard work but bloody cracking company. Just goes to show that you dont need loads of guys to carry out a good tactical. Lets face it in reality - it wasn,t all about big unit action in Normandy so it was nice to have some fantastic small unit work - encountering the bunker,recce,ambush etc.
Those who couldn't be bothered coming or thought it would be s***e should kick themselves it was every bit as enjoyable and worked like the larger events I organise!!!
Tony - we seem to have some more recruits for the Nam battle in Aug - typically the Germans wanna play the VC bad guys!!!! And then a nice cold bastogne battle in Nov.
At least the airborne medics and FJR9 will be at that one as well - GOOD LADS!!!!!!!
Dave post some piccies when u get a mo.
Thanks again to everyone involved for all their hard work!!!
Cpl "Fritz" Hodgson
Axis 44
12 SS Hitlerjugend

Return to “UK reenactment and events”