Northallerton 2011 18/19 June 2011

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
robin

Northallerton 2011 18/19 June 2011

Post by robin »

Following on from this year's charity fundraiser, it has been decided to organise another event in Northallerton for next year
again for charity.
Hopefully the event will grow a little to encompass things around the town and not just be one location (I hope)
Axis forces are welcome to attend (but No SS. sorry)
Anyone interested in coming along drop me a pm and I can book you in etc

Details as they become available at www.panzer21.com
meyer

Re: Northallerton 2011 18/19 June 2011

Post by meyer »

Axis forces are welcome to attend (but No SS. sorry)
shouldn't this kind of crap be on pozzi's forum.oh and please don't waste my time be coming out with the "it will upset the vets"
robin

Post by robin »

It's a simple statement of fact about the event - nothing more, nothing less

The people who are providing the venue have said they don't want SS - I didn't ask why - it's their right to say who does and does not enter their land (it's one of those things our forefathers faught and died for isn't it?), they don't have to justify themselves, so I certainly won't try too.

It's about providiing correct information so people (both MoP and re-enactors) can make informed choices. I would rather people know in advance so they don't turn up in inappropriate attire.

Oh and this so called "crap" (otherwise known as factual information) is on the pozzi forum too!!
meyer

Post by meyer »

it's about time these none waffen ss events were given the cold shoulder by all before the next step is taken ie no axis at all .Surporting these type of event is leading to just that.there's only one reason for no gremans and that home front and beond that only 2 more for no waffen ss (african and coastal defence) anything else is short sigthed at best and playing into the hands of small ginger things.What to carry on re-enactment in the coming years ? stop going to these type of shows.now there's some facts for you!
robin

Post by robin »

meyer wrote:it's about time these none waffen ss events were given the cold shoulder by all before the next step is taken ie no axis at all .Surporting these type of event is leading to just that.there's only one reason for no gremans and that home front and beond that only 2 more for no waffen ss (african and coastal defence) anything else is short sigthed at best and playing into the hands of small ginger things.What to carry on re-enactment in the coming years ? stop going to these type of shows.now there's some facts for you!
Rant over?

If you'd be so good as to repeat that, this time in something resembling grammmatically correct English it may be possible to form a reply, although I supsect it is hardly worth the bother.

I don't necessarily disagree with the general point you are making, but approaching it in this manner is unlikley to win any support. or change any mindsets. In fact it may be somewhat counter productive

By all means, whoever you are, do not come to the event. That is your right, just as it is the right of venues to state who is and is not welcome.
Last edited by robin on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
robin

Post by robin »

Now perhaps this thread could be kept on topic
General discussions about the pros and cons of who should and should not be allowed to attend events are a topic for separate discussion
meyer

Post by meyer »

I don't necessarily disagree with the general point you are making
:?: er now whats dat' big word am looking for :idea: ....... oh yes "hypocrite" i would have put 2 faced but you would knock my english again and here's one about my english "dyslexic" so carry on am not going to put any more down here (unless you want to have a pop at me again)
bottom line ..... robin your a cock and a two faced one at that
Last edited by meyer on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
robin

Post by robin »

I would only be a hypocrite, in light of my previous comment, if I were the one making the decision over SS attendance at an event on my land. This is not the case. I simply respect the wishes of the owner of the private land upon which the event is being held.

Now if you were to turn up to any event that does not welcome SS you would be, by correct definition, a hypocrite. I would not becasue I have not suggested boycotting such events, I have simply said (to clarify) that I do not necessarily disagree with the princple that there is a place for SS units at events.

It may be possible in the medium term to change attitudes and have SS units at events where they have not been welome in the past, but this will not be achieved by adopting your approach. Your apparent attitude in this particualr thread portrays you as uncouth and very much like another organisation that you yourself appear to have little time for, and have commented upo in a different thread. This may not, of course, be the case but that is the impression you are giving; and so you are playing right into the hands of those who wish to keep SS units away from events.
robin

Post by robin »

i All

Update on events planned for Northallerton

We have:
a dance on Friday night (Moonlight Serenaders)
1940's Review - Sketches ans sing along (Northallerton Amateur Variety Company)
Living History Sites (Still Room for more if anyone wants to come along
Military Vehicles (Still Room for a few More)
Firing Displays
Frank Stone - The Great Escape - stories from one who was there (Sat and Sun)
1940's Market
1940's styles Coffee Morning/Refreshments

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Applied for
We also hope to have a veteran's parade on Sunday
We also hope that a local 1940's Wartime Garden Project will be launched this weekend, so a good link to Home Front if it is supported.

This event is shaping up to be a good weekend

Charities suported include:
Help for Heroes
Lance Corporal Ben Hyde Memorial Trust
Bomber Command Charity

Keep an eye on www.wartimeweekend for updates
robin

Post by robin »

Tickets now on sale for various events, and overall this is shaping up to be a good one (at least I hope so)
Some camping space stil lavailable for anyone who wants to come along

Have a look at latest updates on www.wartimeweekend.com

Thanks

Robin

Return to “UK reenactment and events”