VICTORY SHOW COSBY 3/4 Sept 2011

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
Hoffman Grink

Re: VICTORY SHOW COSBY 3/4 Sept 2011

Post by Hoffman Grink »

What's this? Suggestabattle? ha ha ha ha :lol:
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

who cares who wins ..i had a great time at the show and being involved in the battle
was great to in amongst what can only be described as some of the best pyro to date
loved being showered with some small "safe" debris
and walking away from the water efect knowing that others may get wet :wink: ..hehehehehehhe

nice one peeps for making it another memorable event
roll on next year ..woo hooooo
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Everybody wins. :wink:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Anybody else notice how the water detonations made the ground ring like a bell? (Well we were fairly close I suppose...). None of the other pyros did that!

Great stuff all round - shame about the Vulcan as I was looking forward to that!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

They would if we buried them Dave - but to speed up our set up and eliminate the danger of "fly" - we don't........ But the physics of the water spouts is such fun that when Steve said he wanted them we jumped at the chance...... They do give a satisfying THUMP through the ground don't they?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The first teaser of what we can expect from Sinvision

I'd definitely get a copy ordered if this is a sample of what's to come........ Mine's already on order.
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

0:53 Water spout! :D
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Seen - Good joint effort mate - I have not enjoyed pushing a button as much in years! (oooer missus) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has to be between 50 and 60 feet....... and no smoke either....... Wunderbar - beats chucking a thunderflash into a dyke dunnit?
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Seen - Good joint effort mate - I have not enjoyed pushing a button as much in years! (oooer missus) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has to be between 50 and 60 feet....... and no smoke either....... Wunderbar -
It's chuffing brilliant. Not seen one go up until now. We done good 8)
Hoffman Grink wrote:beats chucking a thunderflash into a dyke dunnit?
Now what kind of muppet would do that, in, ooh let's say a river full of fish? :roll:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

BaggyPants wrote:
Hoffman Grink wrote:beats chucking a thunderflash into a dyke dunnit?
Now what kind of muppet would do that, in, ooh let's say a river full of fish? :roll:
Dunno but I bet someone's daft enough to do it....... without a Risk Assessment too I bet.
and before any smart Alec comments
In section 5(1) of the Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries Act 1975 (prohibition on use of explosives, etc. to take or destroy fish) for the words “and within the exclusive fishery limits of the British Islands" substitute the words “to a distance of six nautical miles measured from the baselines from which the breadth of the territorial sea is measured".
Any water that contains fish - you can't use bangs...... Which was why we had our ponds dug special like!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Latest trailer before release on the 31st October - Order your copy NOW from Sinvision.
DESPITE OSKAR'S ugly fizzog gurning out the screen atcha! :lol:
BedsnHerts

Post by BedsnHerts »

Gosh, that's rather good.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The whole thing is looking fantastic - It's 2.5 hours long - Covers the ENTIRE show and I'm waiting for my advance review copy to arrive as I type.........

Our crew doesn't usually allow full access to what we do but for this project we were happy to be of assistance........ I think they had 8 cameras covering the battles and they were in the vehicles. in the action and in static positions........ There are interviews, aircraft, dioramas and loads of aspects of the show covered........ I'll do a write up in the media section when I've watched it........
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

That bloke with the 30 cal would not have hit anything!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Several weapons incidents made my teeth curl KK - And that use of a .30 simply as a noise maker was - well - par for the course........

Return to “UK reenactment and events”